News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

This dumbass needs to just accept defeat and show contrition for once, despite how difficult that is for conservatives.

There needs to be a new referendum.

This is the kind of problem with taking an ephemeral 50+1 result, running hard with it and hitting a brick wall. I am not sure if there is anything particularly conservative (in the dictionary meaning) about this approach.

Others have raised this point before - they really should have looked at our Clarity Act before jumping. No worries though, I am sure NHS is getting funded to an extra 350M pounds a week now.

AoD

Last edited:
Yes, but in the GFA there are provisions for the unification of Ireland. Wales may have voted in favor of Brexit but times have changed and that is no longer the sentiment. I have friends who are born in and residing in Wales.. from my understanding the prevailing sentiment now that shit has hit the fan is Brexit is bad.

Wales wanted to leave the UK BUT they wanted to do it with a deal, not without.
When did Wales want to leave the UK? Even at today's increased numbers, only about 37% of the Welsh people want to leave the UK. Wales and England are pretty joined at the hip and that is recognized in the Union as they don't have all the devolved powers that Scotland and Northern Ireland do. In fact, they are considered one unit in most departments.

Reactions: DSC
Queen delivers Boris Johnson's Brexit agenda

By Richard Connor

Britain's departure from the EU is a "priority" for the government, Queen Elizabeth II said as she opened parliament. UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson has been accused of politicizing the role of monarch.

Interesting things- an increasingly significant Jewish backlash against Corbyn and Labour.

Shocking increases in support for the Conservatives:

And wait for it:
For the first time, Corbyn now trails Johnson among those aged 18-24.

Last edited:
Brexit was a 'waste of time and energy,' says Juncker

Three years of talks concerning Britain's exit from the EU meant Brussels was less able to focus on "improving citizens' lives," according to Jean-Claude Juncker. He added that he will "always regret" the UK's decision.

Brexit: Johnson to ask Parliament to hold general election in December

The UK government will seek a general election on December 12 — but hurdles remain. The move needs the backing of two-thirds of UK lawmakers, which would require support from a cautious Labour party.

Boris Johnson can’t stop students from voting – the solution to Brexit is more democracy, not less

No number of Johnson’s extravagant Twitter hashtags or embarrassing Snapchat escapades will fool young people into thinking that he serves as leader with our interests at heart

Zamzam Ibrahim

This is the kind of problem with taking an ephemeral 50+1 result, running hard with it and hitting a brick wall. I am not sure if there is anything particularly conservative (in the dictionary meaning) about this approach.

Others have raised this point before - they really should have looked at our Clarity Act before jumping. No worries though, I am sure NHS is getting funded to an extra 350M pounds a week now.

AoD

Bit late on this one.............

A simple measure I think would allow '50+1' in most instances, while still raising the bar and minimizing the risk of 'ephemeral' views would be 50% plus 1 of those eligible to vote.

So its 50+1 with 100% turn out. At 90% turn out you require something closer to 58% of those who voted etc.

Last edited:
Shocking increases in support for the Conservatives

Not at all. The UK will never make Jeremy Corbyn Prime Minister. The Labour base foisting him on the party is why they are behind in the polls. Any other Labour leader and Labour could well be in government right now.

Others have raised this point before - they really should have looked at our Clarity Act before jumping.
AoD

Or something of similar effect. The Clarity Act is a piece of senior (federal) legislation putting rules on potential provincial legislation. I don't know if the Brexit legislation included the exact wording of the question but it should have. Also, a simply majority on a matter of this magnitude was, in my view, dangerous.

Back