8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Boris Johnson heckled over floods but does not apologise for 'slow response'

Rowena Mason and Josh Halliday
Wed 13 Nov 2019 19.42 GMT

Boris Johnson’s disastrous performance in Yorkshire proves it – his calculated ‘average Joe’ act is dead

Everything about the prime minister is as confected and invented as any teenage pop group star. Finally, after years of pulling the wool over our eyes, the public can see it for themselves

Sean O'Grady

The problem as I see it is that Boris is aloof. He thinks he knows what people want and that the populous is nothing more than sheep.

What he does not understand is that people want to tone down the extreme rhetoric and get back to dealing with things other than Brexit. They would rather cancel Brexit than have to deal with the infighting. The UK Tories are a party of extremists hell bent on forcing their will on people.

Boris is heckled wherever he goes, he is toxic politically and if the UK elects him into office with a majority they have nobody to blame but themeselves.

I hope Brexit will fail. Donald Tusk was right when he said yesterday that ironically, Brexit would be the true end of the British Empire, and possibly even the United Kingdom itself with another Scottish independence referendum on the horizon. If Brexit actually occurs, it will be the biggest own goal in history.

It's already having negative consequences on the British economy - Elon Musk picked Germany to build both the new Tesla gigafactory and research and development centre over the UK largely due to Brexit's spectre.

Boris Johnson accused of running scared from public in Somerset

PM cancels stop-off in Glastonbury after being heckled on visit to school

Steven Morris
Thu 14 Nov 2019 15.25 GMT

Boris Johnson has been accused of refusing to meet members of the public and running scared of protests during a visit to Somerset.

Johnson was in south-west England to try to bolster the campaigns of Tory colleagues against strong Liberal Democrat challenges. But in Taunton he was heckled by protesters as he visited a school and a planned stop-off at a bakery on the edge of Glastonbury was ditched.

Boris Johnson under fire for questionable claims in interviews

PM makes false statements about Brexit being ‘blocked’ and his record as London mayor

Peter Walker, Jedidajah Otte and Frances Perraudin
Fri 15 Nov 2019 19.23 GMT

Boris Johnson is facing criticism over a series of inaccurate statements made in a flurry of live broadcast interviews during a difficult day of campaigning.

The prime minister was challenged on Friday on subjects as varied as crime, Brexit, the abandoned London garden bridge project and the number of children he has fathered.

3035.jpg

Six phoney claims to watch out for from Boris Johnson tonight

In the BBC leadership debate expect the prime minister to deploy his favourite myths about Labour and the economy

Tom Kibasi
Fri 22 Nov 2019 18.58 GMT

UK companies hit by sharpest activity drop since Brexit vote

Economy forecast to contract as services and manufacturing firms blame fall on uncertainty

Phillip Inman
Fri 22 Nov 2019 17.40 GMT

Tory minister admits extra nurses won't be in place for 10 years and cannot explain how government will stop 18,500 leaving

Further questions raised over Conservatives' nursing pledge after manifesto promise is branded 'frankly deceitful'

Benjamin Kentish

General election news - live: Boris Johnson under fire over false extra nurses claim, amid condemnation of 'appalling' Rees-Mogg

Follow all the latest developments live

Adam Forrest

A really, really long list of awful things Boris Johnson has said about women, LGBT+ people and people of colour
Why is this POS still trending towards a majority government in the UK? I could say, "how did he ever get this far," but I do live in the city of Rob Ford and the province of Doug, so I guess I won't.

Back