News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

attack of the clones

Wouldn't jump to any conclusion regarding the buildings just yet?
I'm sure the design is extremely preliminary now!

otherwise, yes, it might be a barf fest :)

It looks like a concept plan, but look at their other work....

7citycentre.jpg
/
canciniphoto.jpg

aerial1_640.jpg
sullivan%20square1.jpg

new_york_towers_lg.jpg
40704_2.jpg

riviera.jpg
E1055917.jpg

hr1483171-1.jpg
(phase 3 and 4 to come)

waterclub_lge.jpg

Last edited:
You best not be putting down Waterclub downtown ... how dare you! :D

Joking aside they're a couple nice ones there but the majority are bland.

You best not be putting down Waterclub downtown ... how dare you! :D

Joking aside they're a couple nice ones there but the majority are bland.

They do have a couple of nice ones... Ellipse One and Ellipse Two :p

all these planned projects in Markham are incredible... with no subway either!

This reminds me of Parkside Village...not so much the designs (which remind me of The Capital and other Daniels' buildings) but because it's one massive multitower development by one developer. Which I think might end up being quite monotonous. I'd rather have many different developers. Although MCC has Amacon with a big slice of land, at least Daniels has a good number of towers, and there's also Universal which is by someone else, and Onyx/Solstice by someone else, and Ovation is by Tridel, and Absolute is by Fernbrook.

Oh and why are Mississauga and Markham not getting subways? They're the suburbs that seem to be intesifying most (or at least more than Vaughan--I'm not too familiar with Richmond Hill).

Oh and why are Mississauga and Markham not getting subways? They're the suburbs that seem to be intesifying most (or at least more than Vaughan--I'm not too familiar with Richmond Hill).

The Yonge extension would serve Markham just as much as it would Vaughan and certainly more than Richmond Hill, although Vaughan is, of course, getting an additional line and the Yonge extension isn't going to be anywhere near where Markham's new downtown/uptown are being planned.

thanks for the renderings Wilson ... since this is Times Group project, I'm not suprised it is being done by Kirkor again ... but I'm disappointed by the ctrl-C and ctrl-V of the preliminary concepts, I am hopeful that these are only 'concept massing models' though

note: it would appear this refers to the same property as an existing thread

Downtown Markham North (Markham Ctr, Times Group, various 8-20s) ... but I guess Times has finally come up with the project name of 'Uptown Markham'

Yes, they are concepts to show the location and massing.

Uptown Markham would be more appropriate than 'Downtown Markham North'.

the name is definitely more appropriate than the name I made up for UT posting purposes when Times Group's project was first proposed ... LOL

markham1-1.jpg

I'm surprised about the negative reaction to the parkland from some here.

There's a valley with a creek through there. We're supposed to pave over it? Depending on how the buildings turn out that right it, and how the greenspace is treated, this could ending up being Markham's Central Park.

There are way worse situations than having some beautiful greenspace in the middle of an urban area.

I was referring too the green space between the buildings not the parkland to the south ... that's fine! Although I'll argue that it'll be heavily underused but that's a different story.

Oh, well, you know now those are green roofs, right?

Yep, but again why such large podiums.

Okay enough criticism for now it really depends what they're really look like which we should know when more concrete plans come out.

Till then I'll shut up :D

to me, the square areas look like inner courtyards because i see an elevation change from the ground and the wall beside it. the longer rectangular areas are green roofs however.

It's about time that a major development in Markham Centre finally fronted onto Highway 7! Unlike downtown Markham proper, you're not forced to travel out of your way to visit; you end up here naturally. If Markham has the balls to shrink Highway 7 down to 4 lanes, or even 6 narrower lanes plus a median like Broadway in the upper west side of New York, this area will easily become far more popular than the Disneyish enclave of downtown Markham.

The GTA is a city of avenues, and we have seen time and time again that linear development nodes that line an established corridor are more likely to function as an urban entity than enclave type nodes in the middle of a concession block.

Back