News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Thanks for the info, it's frustrating trying to use their web page. I can't find any place to even register, I'll keep checking weekly after the new year.

Paraone, I received this email from Withrow Park Ball Hockey League about 2010 registration dates. Hope this helps. Good luck!

....Registration for new players in ALL youth divisions (including Peewee and Bantam) will follow, beginning at 12:01 a.m. on Saturday, January 23, 2010.

Registration Process:

Like in previous seasons the League will be using an online registration system with instant credit card payment. Once registration has opened, simply visit our website, click on the "REGISTER NOW" button, log in with your password, register and pay.

Registration is ON-LINE ONLY and you will need a valid VISA or Mastercard. We no longer accept cheques.

As a returning player you will be required to use last year’s e-mail and password to register. If you do not remember your password you can retrieve it by clicking on the link ‘Forgot Password’ on the registration page. Your password will be emailed to you. If you have changed e-mail addresses, please contact us by email (info@withrowballhockey.net)

Acceptance
All players are put on a waiting list until confirmation of payment and acceptance into the League. Payment does not constitute acceptance.

Here is some basic information about the 2010 season:
Again this season, the League will have seven youth divisions and it is expected several divisions will be filled very early.
Mite – Born in 2004 through 2006
Tyke – Born in 2002 and 2003
Novice – Born in 2000 and 2001
Atom – Born in 1998 and 1999
Pee Wee – Born in 1996 and 1997
Bantam – Born in 1994 and 1995
Junior – Born in 1991through 1993

Registration Details/Dates:
Between 12:01 a.m. on Saturday, January 9, 2010 and midnight on Friday, January 22, 2010, returning players from the 2009 youth league (with the exception of the Peewee and Bantam divisions) have the ability to secure a guaranteed spot. PLEASE NOTE: Returning players in the Peewee and Bantam divisions are on a “first come, first served†basis.

On January 23, 2010 at 12:01 a.m., registration opens up to all new players. While returning players may still register, the guaranteed placement for returning players is no longer offered, and any remaining spaces in the divisions are available on a “first come, first served basisâ€.

Once a division fills up, a limited waiting list will be put into place. In order to have a confirmed position on the waiting list the participant must be registered using our online registration system, and have paid the registration fee. If the participant is not placed onto a team, a full refund will be issued.

Thanks for the info Bill, it amazes me how quickly this league fills and has been that way for almost 3 decades.

Shit happens in Riverdale. Here's a thread to tell the whole sad, sorded tale ...
I find the concept of Riverdale a bit strange in Toronto-land as there isn't a west-end equivalent. For instance, Riverdale includes, Danforth-By-The-Valley, Greektown, Chinatown East, Gerrard India Bazaar, Riverside, Studio District and Leslieville. Yet, there's no umbrella term in the west that includes, for instance, The Annex, The Grange, Chinatown, Harbourfront, Kensington, CityPlace, etc.

Yes, I like to think of Riverdale as being like Norway before Sweden let it secede.

Or like Quebec vis-a-vis the rest!

I find the concept of Riverdale a bit strange in Toronto-land as there isn't a west-end equivalent. For instance, Riverdale includes, Danforth-By-The-Valley, Greektown, Chinatown East, Gerrard India Bazaar, Riverside, Studio District and Leslieville. Yet, there's no umbrella term in the west that includes, for instance, The Annex, The Grange, Chinatown, Harbourfront, Kensington, CityPlace, etc.

i've always thought Riverdale proper was 'Prime Riverdale' which borders Danforth Ave to Gerrard St. E (north side) - Broadview to Pape;
South Riverdale is south of Gerrard St. E, to Eastern - Broadview to Pape;
Leslieville as Gerrard/Pape/Coxwell/Eastern;

Leslieville is not part of Riverdale. Once you cross south of Dundas, you are in Leslieville, not Riverdale. I lived in Leslieville for years and I never heard anybody call it "South Riverdale". It's 2 different neighbourhoods. Queen/Broadview is called Riverside, get with the program. Leslieville is east of the Jimmy Simpson CC.

Prime Riverdale tolerates Leslieville much as the cultured Athenians tolerated the bumptious upstart jocks of Sparta. When Leslieville annexed South Riverdale we let them keep it - much as the Athenians let the Spartans keep lesser city states they overran during the Peloponnesian War. It did them no good in the long run because their leaders were inept and they started losing battles and Athens recovered. South Riverdale will return to the fold one day.

Are they needed? There's a crosswalk at Langley.

I was just wondering because friends of ours on Victor were told by someone at Bridgepoint a signal light will be installed on Broadview north of Gerrard. The main entrance and parking garage can only be accessed from the Broadview Ave side closer to Victor. They were concerned about through traffic on Victor which runs one way eastbound.

650 Queen open house

I'm no longer willing to fight the 'South Riverdale/Riverside' fight versus Riverdale, yet I'm not willing to let the interlopers from Leslieville take over all of Queen, so I'm posting this here...

(BTW -- Leslieville doesn't come all the way to Jimmy Simpson. In yer dreams, Leslievillagers... I'll give you Pape East. No more. ;-))

4 March after work for the opening of the First Steps to Home shelter in the old night club/hotel at 650 Queen. Much bigger than I thought it would be as they added a couple of stories on top of the one story back addition. Cladding is bizarre -- they left the old buff brick on the original hotel, went with black brick on the new addition, and an industrial metal cladding on the ground floor of the old addition. Opened up decent window space, though, and it looks spacious and open inside. I'm going to stop and take a look come next week.

Last edited:
While technically not in Riverdale, I don't see any neighbourhood threads for "Broadview North" so I suppose this will be my home thread. Moving from Roncesvalles Village out west to the Minto Skyy building on Broadview. Looking forward to experiencing a new neighbourhood and its various offerings. Any others living in Minto Skyy?

Back