News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

... and for the past few days it has been parked at the top of the hill, where it will live. I assume they'll be digging foundations for it at some point.

Do they still do Shakespeare there? One night last year there were two competing performances - the Shakespeare got rather drowned out by the volume of the terribly lively, hip, jive thing that the young people were putting on.

Withrow performances

Shakespeare in the Rough seems to have moved to another park. There was a different troupe doing Shakespeare last year -- don't know if they're back.

There was a children's show over the long weekend, Dusk Dances this week, and after that I don't know what's up.

Skid Row?

I know this isn't technically part of the known "Riverdale" and it isn't leslieville...but does anyone know how big the redevelopment they have planned for Carlaw and Queen will be?
A better name for Carlaw south of Queen would probaly be Skid Row.

Uhhh... what redevelopment?

I know this isn't technically part of the known "Riverdale" and it isn't leslieville...but does anyone know how big the redevelopment they have planned for Carlaw and Queen will be?
A better name for Carlaw south of Queen would probaly be Skid Row.

Watchu talkin' 'bout, Willis?

The kind of place where people like this hang out and rehearse
skidrow2.jpg

Maybe the addition of the partial second floor to the shoppers drug mart?

Yeah that's it. I saw the sign a couple of weeks ago and keep forgetting to see if anyone on here has any idea about what's going on.

I love what they did with the printing factory lofts. It has to be one of my favourite redevelopments in the city.

I love what they did with the printing factory lofts. It has to be one of my favourite redevelopments in the city.

It's a beautiful building, too bad they cheaped out on the internal structure.

Bridgepoint Hospital construction starting... sort of

Note from the hospital that they're starting construction got me excited... until I read the fine print and realized the only thing getting started is a new main entrance on the old building, so they can contemplate shutting down the Don Valley (off of Gerrard) side entrance.

Baby steps...

This morning, a dozen or more small, rootballed trees of various kinds were being planted just to the north of where the bowling clubhouse is parked.

The Chinese gate looks okay, if you like that sort of thing.

They've shifted the building slightly to the south, it is still propped up on metal girders, there's a hole excavated beneath it, and this morning some sort of jolly earth-moving event was happening just to the north of it.

Some sort of shindig in the Park next to the bowling clubhouse yesterday - tied to the opening of the Chinese arch/gate, I think. They were putting out tables. Free food, maybe - I missed it.

The arch was ablaze in illumination when I went downtown at 6 o'clock this morning.

With the new trees planted, and the opening of the arch/gate behind us, attention returns to the club house and the excavation that continues beneath it.

Back