News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

There are not a lot of chains that I'd be delighted to see on the Danforth, but that's one of them.

An update on the former Sully's Sandwich Shop on Gerrard between Carlaw and Logan - new signage shows it's now Hangry Catering. Sadly, no more sandwich shop.

Yeah, I'd noticed that. Unclear why the structural problems which apparently drove away Sully's were not a problem for Hangry - possibly the fact that the general public generally doesn't visit the catering office? I don't know.

No word (as far as I can tell) where, or even if (given the passage of time), Sully's will relocate (as they said they would).

I don't think it's closing. The owner might just be seeing what (s)he can get for it.

I too would be sad if it disappeared. We go there a lot.

I was coming home last night around 11:30 PM or so. We saw two healthy young men jump out of illegally parked car on Fenwick Ave. The car had a handicapped sticker on it. It is obviously a scam and I see it all the time along this stretch of the Danforth. Has anyone else noticed this scam going on?

Yes. There are a lot of handicapped passes obtained fraudulently, and even a lot of legitimate ones used illegally.

Is part of the old Mr. Greek site now leased? There used to be For Lease signs in the corner windows as well as the windows to the east, but now the western part of the location has no signs, and new paper covering the windows.

It looks like part of the old Mr. Greek might now be leased. Only 500 square feet with 20-ft of frontage seems to still be available for lease (with a municipal address of 530 Danforth, while the main Mr. Greek entrance is 526 Danforth). I don't see anything online for the rest of the space (although there used to be listings online for it).

Interestingly, it appears that Crema, Lolita's Lust, Von Doughnuts and the Fox and Fiddle are all for sale.

Yesterday, there was a large truck parked on Ferrier, next to the old Mr Greek space, and large equipment was being unloaded (kitchen equipment?).

Some interesting tidbits on the GoodHood website in respect of the Logan and Gerrard intersection:

• One of the partners of Hangry was the guy behind Sully's. So, sadly, I doubt we'll see a relocated Sully's.
  • A new cafe, Hailed Coffee, will soon be opening on the SW corner, just a few doors down from Saturday Dinette.

I've never really notice before, but that KFC parcel is a decently sized site. Larger than the Timmie's site just down the street.

Back