News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

The Mavis bridges were design for future widening of the 401. The current bridge would be for the express lanes with new bridges been built for the new local lanes as well off/on ramps.

It will take haft the time to build the new interchange than starting from scratch, as well disruptions.

ok so when they build the new bridge deck above the collector, where is the mavis road traffic going to go? they cant just cut off the road like that? cars are not going to drive to a dead end when the bridge decks are being replaced, and mind you it does not take a day, maybe a month or 2 to install a new deck, they have to remove the dirt, build the outer supports, modify the road/ramps, then drop the deck in place. where are cars going to drive on mavis when this happens? do not tell me they will be re-routed to macloucklin

ok so when they build the new bridge deck above the collector, where is the mavis road traffic going to go? they cant just cut off the road like that? cars are not going to drive to a dead end when the bridge decks are being replaced, and mind you it does not take a day, maybe a month or 2 to install a new deck, they have to remove the dirt, build the outer supports, modify the road/ramps, then drop the deck in place. where are cars going to drive on mavis when this happens? do not tell me they will be re-routed to macloucklin

They rerouted traffic off McLaughlin. No reason they can't do it here, and here they don't even have to replace the whole bridge anyway.

Though I'm just guessing.

If only we had an MTO representative on the board lol

They will do the same thing on Mavis as Hurontario St or any other bridge and that is use haft of the existing bridge while one side gets built. Then shift traffic to it until the other side is done.

The road will be reduce to 3/4 lanes during construction. Some traffic will move to other roads during the construction.

It will take more than a month or 2 to do each side to the point you are looking at 18 months of work for the "WHOLE" interchange. Lots of civil work to be done for the new ramps before work can be start on the bridge.

Good news for Westbound drivers around Hurontario; they have shifted the barriers around and the left hand lane does not cut out anymore! So if you want to stay in the left lane, it is no longer an issue!

macloucklin? Where's that?

Good news for Westbound drivers around Hurontario; they have shifted the barriers around and the left hand lane does not cut out anymore! So if you want to stay in the left lane, it is no longer an issue!

just noticed that too this morning. they should have done that several weeks ago

just noticed that too this morning. they should have done that several weeks ago

great news. I almost got into an accident on that section a month ago because the merging sign isn't very visible.

where did the left hand lane go? did it merge into the lane beside? i know the right lane would go all the way to the mavis off ramp.

where did the left hand lane go? did it merge into the lane beside? i know the right lane would go all the way to the mavis off ramp.

It disappeared at the Hurontario Express fly-under and then re-appeared just as the collectors merge back into the express. That should help some with the delays through there. I haven't been through that area during peak times for over a month, so I haven't had a chance to experience non-summer traffic in that section since closing the express.

i noticed the old highway 10 support walls are gone, and the shoulders are wider. good progress

actually i want to correct myself, i saw the old highway 10 support wall on the south side, so only one side was completely removed

actually i want to correct myself, i saw the old highway 10 support wall on the south side, so only one side was completely removed

It is quite nice and clean on the north side, unfortunately they still have the other side to remove yet. I can't believe the progress they have made on the express lanes though. Every day I see the paving job moving farther and farther on the WB side and they have flattened a large section on the EB side now, soon to be paved. I wonder if they will have some lanes open before the winter shutdown? I mean, they obviously won't have it completed, but it would be nice to have some more open lanes during the winter.

As well, it seems like they did not put a cement footing down for the express lanes. I can't imagine why they wouldn't, but I am no engineer. Maybe they only put the cement on the outer collector lanes for support?

Back