News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Sounds like a timing issue more than anything if it is backing up especially during covid. That two lane turn should have more than enough capacity to clear.
The problem is that there shouldn't be a light there at all. Before there was none and traffic wasn't an issue.

The problem is that there shouldn't be a light there at all. Before there was none and traffic wasn't an issue.
Certainly there wasn't an issue coming from 24 west to Crow north. But that movement did impact other movements' capacity, like 24 west to Crow north in my experience of taking that turn occasionally.

Kind of surprised they aren't going to turn it into a half-clover or whatever the plan is for that interchange.

West Ring Road construction
20210326_110904.jpg

The contractor for the West Ring Road construction provides fantastic weekly updates on the activity in their work areas. Their one from today is here.
I registered for the email to come to me each week and they do a really good job of not only showing photo updates, but explaining everything that is happening in the photos. The communication team on this portion of the project is incredible and are doing a much, much better job at updates then the SW Ring Road team ever did.

I know the SW Ring Road will be complete this year so maybe they don't have the same obligations to update but I feel like they have just given up on updating any progress and some of that seems to leak into how they updated their temporary signage, lane markings, etc...I don't know how many of you have tried driving the 22X/McLeod Trail area on the SW Ring Road in the last year, but unless you have already driven it and missed your exit, trying to correctly navigate to where you want to go on the first try with their current signs and markings is near impossible.

The communication for the SW portion definitely is lacking. There hasn't been any update or clarity on the Glenmore 60 speed limit debacle between EB Sarcee/37 Street has there? I really hope that's not permanent.

Back