News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

I still think she's going to have some type of spectacular meltdown and be replaced as leader prior to the election.

Doubtful they'd replace her at this point. I am banking on a spectacular meltdown though. Hopefully the oil well remediation quid pro quo sticks to her like shit. I'm thinking the NDP is saving her most damning stuff til closer to the election. Imagine the ads you could run with the insane garbage she spouted on her talk show for years.

Sadly, it's looking like Smith will be the next real Premier...
That shouldn't be a surprise. The Feds are handing victory to the UCP with "Just Transition". A Smith victory gives the federal Liberals an enemy to run against.

The NDP's only chance would be an election about healthcare. Given issues happening in every province right now, it would difficult to paint Alberta as underperforming. Given concerns over cost of living and inflation, economic issues are likely to dominate the campaign.

Sadly, it's looking like Smith will be the next real Premier...
That makes me sick to my ass. What is wrong with the people in this shithole? A way bigger push for me to de-Albertan myself as soon as possible.

That makes me sick to my ass. What is wrong with the people in this shithole? A way bigger push for me to de-Albertan myself as soon as possible.

Whoa now. I hate Smith just as much as you but as someone who was born and raised here my entire life until 2015 was spent under the likes of Ralph Klein and one lacklustre conservative Premier after another. And life wasn’t awful. I’m mentally preparing myself for the worst, but all hope isn’t gone yet either. The UCP has a lousy 2 point lead and their leader is a toxic, conflicted radio talk show host who can’t stop blurting out her evil plans. She has plenty of time to fuck things up and scare moderates. There’ll be another Lake of Fire style gaffe.

2022 yearly summary of the three West Ring Road segments from the WCRR website. The entire project that will complete the Calgary RR is scheduled to be open to traffic in 2024:

This from a CTV story about the Alberta budget:

“Over three years, $541 million will be invested for LRT projects, $429.7 million for the Deerfoot Trail expansion, $134.2 million to complete the Calgary Ring Road and $282 million for the Springbank off-stream reservoir project.”

Curious to see what gets done on Deerfoot for $429.7 million.

Back