News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Stoney Trail Bridge construction pics taken a few nights ago. They're still working on the bridge where it anchors into the hill on the south side.
IMG_9274exp.jpg
IMG_9000exp.jpg
IMG_9042exp.jpg
IMG_9096exp.jpg
IMG_9103exp.jpg
IMG_9212exp.jpg

Funny to see the justification numbers: 15-20% commute reduction, hundreds of thousands hours, hundreds of millions in money/time created. Between now and 2027 how many more people will move into the SE. What will help this, is the completion of the ring road.

Funny to see the justification numbers: 15-20% commute reduction, hundreds of thousands hours, hundreds of millions in money/time created. Between now and 2027 how many more people will move into the SE. What will help this, is the completion of the ring road.
From perhaps one of the greatest shows about city building ever made:

It will be nice to get rid of the inconvenient weaves and hopefully implement solutions where weaving creates standing waves where capacity is otherwise adequate.
Yeah the section between the Calf Robe Bridge and 24th/Douglasdale has some scary weaves. Simply reducing accidents should reduce congestion.

The far SE is going to explode no matter what as it has the greatest inventory of easily developable land. The SE ring road is what really opened it up. The SW ring road is more of a sprawl enabler heading west along 22X, ex. Alpine Park. I could see traffic growing immensely on Glenmore easy of Deerfoot, and need for a high capacity connection between Glenmore and 22x somewhere east of Stoney in the not too distant future

The SW ring road is more of a sprawl enabler heading west along 22X, ex. Alpine Park.
You're not wrong, I just know for me (lives in SW, has family in the SE south of Stoney), this construction will mean that I likely take Stoney now instead of Glenmore/Deerfoot. Which isn't the worst thing.

I’m most curious to see what they build at Deerfoot & Glenmore. If they don’t fix the current ridiculous NB to WB movement through the auto mall - it’s a fail.
I don’t think that is within the current scope? So much consultation over the years hard to keep straight.

Stoney Trail Bridge construction: Scaffolding has been removed from the south end of the bridge. It also looks like they are finalizing the shape of the river bank on the south side and rebuilding the bike path that switch-backed up the hill.

IMG_1810exp.jpg
IMG_1781exp.jpg
IMG_1740exp.jpg

These shots were taken a few nights earlier (before my camera ran out of juice):
IMG_1509exp.jpg
IMG_1482exp.jpg

Back