8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Here a couple shots of the 427 extension yesterday:

Hwy_427_Extension_Construction.png

Hwy_427_Extension_Langstaff.png

I'm surprised how quickly the work on the 401 expansion through Milton has started. I'm not too versed in road construction, but it seems they've cleared the ROW all the way to RR25 from the Credit River and that they've already started grading work and bridge replacement at several points along the way.

Probably the way the contract was handled.

Most MTO highway projects are traditionally tendered and are probably largely paced based on cash flow from the MTO for it. P3 projects are self financed which means the money flows as fast as possible. Means quicker construction timelines, even if the procurement process is much longer. The 401 widening will be completed in only 3 construction seasons, compared to the 400 widening in Vaughan which is scheduled to take 5 despite it's much simpler nature.

Here's more three more 427 construction pics.

Major Mack bridge:

View attachment 241386

Not 427, but the new alignment of Major Mack eliminate the jog; looking west from Hwy. 27 and the Humber:

View attachment 241398

Rutherford bridge:

View attachment 241403

Makes me sad, you can see the nice forest they plowed through for this................

Another waste of $$ encouraging sprawl.

The immediate area of this is farms/forest.

Now there is already sprawl to the north of it...............but still..........

So many better uses for the money.

What's happening with the 401 from Neilson to Whites? The lanes have been rearranged like mad and it appears they are doing bridge work. Rehab of the Rouge and 2A overpasses?

Collectors are up to 6 lanes and Express down to two in this stretch.

What's happening with the 401 from Neilson to Whites? The lanes have been rearranged like mad and it appears they are doing bridge work. Rehab of the Rouge and 2A overpasses?

Collectors are up to 6 lanes and Express down to two in this stretch.

1589734789737.png

I have no photos because I was driving, but no time is being wasted at all on the 401 widening through to Milton. Just drove into Mississauga yesterday, the ROW is ripped up all the way to the Martin Street interchange. I saw that they're also working on putting in a new overpass at Trafalgar to accomodate the widening.

There's work going on the QEW east of Dixie, including replacing the barrier. Looks widening related, but assumed that wasn't going to start for a while yet:

Untitled1.png

Untitled4.png

Back