News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

That's a bit of an exception though, because it was planned as an HOV lane from Day 1, it was just never painted as such because of the highway going from 4 lanes to 2 so quickly (at Eagleson). [...] Once Phase 2 of the widening opens, I suspect you'll see that lane become HOV.

I was wondering what was up. It seemed odd that HOV was only eastbound.

Found this great photo on reddit:

azNIQS5.jpg

I was up at Concession 7 and 16th Line, north of Pickering yesterday, and from there I had a tiny sliver of a view of the 407 extension.
Still just in the right of way prep and overpass construction phase.

IMG_20140519_164312.jpg

I also saw the Brock Rd diversion, and a bit of the overpass construction for it, but I was driving at the time, so I couldn't snap any pictures.

Attachments

• IMG_20140519_164312.jpg
    IMG_20140519_164312.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 901
any idea what that includes? I know its HOV lanes but do they add regular lanes as well? a 6 + 2 HOV setup is probably preferred.

Any idea when the 404 widening will start, and what that will include? 8 + 2 HOV to Elgin Mills and 6 + 2 HOV to Stouffville road is probably preferable.

The 2013 Southern Highways program is really vague with these projects, all they do is call them "HOV lanes"

any idea what that includes? I know its HOV lanes but do they add regular lanes as well? a 6 + 2 HOV setup is probably preferred.

Any idea when the 404 widening will start, and what that will include? 8 + 2 HOV to Elgin Mills and 6 + 2 HOV to Stouffville road is probably preferable.

The 2013 Southern Highways program is really vague with these projects, all they do is call them "HOV lanes"
As far as I know, the 427 project is only adding a single HOV lane in each direction, no additional general purpose lane.

The 410 widening project that will also be getting underway this year will feature an additional general purpose lane and the addition of a HOV lane. The Southern Highways program has both projects listed as 'HOV expansion'.

So I'm trying to compile a list of municipal road widening projects occurring in the GTA this summer, does anyone know of any to add to the list? These are the ones I'm aware of, with the lane change amounts beside each project in brackets:

Bloomington Road, Yonge street - the 404, RICHMOND HILL (2-4)
Brock Road, Third Concession - Taunton road, PICKERING (2-4)
Warden Avenue, 16th Avenue - Major Mackenzie, MARKHAM (2-4)
9th Line, Donald Cousens Parkway - Hoover Park Drive, MARKHAM / STOUFFVILLE (2-4)
York Durham Line, Steeles Avenue - Highway 7, MARKHAM (2-4)
Creditview Road, Mayfield Road - Fairhill Avenue, BRAMPTON (2-4)
Mayfield Road, Dixie - Bramalea, BRAMPTON (2-6)
Second Concession, Bristol Road - Doane Road, NEWMARKET (2-4)

There are also a couple of other general road projects I am know of, any others to add to the list? Grade separations, etc.?

Main street grade separation, Milton
East Pierce Street 404 crossing (just north of highway 7), Markham
Major Mackenzie Drive realignment at 9th line, Markham
Donald Cousens Parkway extension and direct connection to Highway 48 (highway 48 will turn into Donald Cousens Parkway instead of Markham road as it does currently)
9th line realignment at Main street, Stouffville
Bolton Northwest Bypass, between king and queen street to the northwest of the town.
Birchmount Extension, In Downtown Markham connecting Birchmount to Highway 7.

Last edited:
So I'm trying to compile a list of municipal road widening projects occurring in the GTA this summer, does anyone know of any to add to the list? These are the ones I'm aware of:

Bloomington Road, Yonge street - the 404, RICHMOND HILL
Brock Road, Third Concession - Taunton road, PICKERING
Warden Avenue, 16th Avenue - Major Mackenzie, MARKHAM
9th Line, Donald Cousens Parkway - Hoover Park Drive, MARKHAM / STOUFFVILLE
YORK DURHAM LINE, Steeles Avenue - Highway 7, MARKHAM

There are also a couple of other general road projects I am know of, any others to add to the list? Grade separations, etc.?

Main street grade separation, Milton
East Pierce Street 404 crossing (just north of highway 7), Markham
Major Mackenzie Drive realignment at 9th line, Markham
Donald Cousens Parkway extension and direct connection to Highway 48 (highway 48 will turn into Donald Cousens Parkway instead of Markham road as it does currently)
9th line realignment at Main street, Stouffville
Bolton Northwest Bypass, between king and queen street to the northwest of the town.

http://maps.brampton.ca/maps/roadwo...ks-details.aspx/1002/Creditview-Road-Widening

http://www.peelregion.ca/pw/construction/cal/04-4060-and-06-4040-mayfield-rd.htm

Thanks!

Now that you mention it, I was actually aware of the Mayfield widening, I drove through there a few weeks ago. Its going from 2 to 6 lanes for some reason.

Thanks!

Now that you mention it, I was actually aware of the Mayfield widening, I drove through there a few weeks ago. Its going from 2 to 6 lanes for some reason.

Likely to 1) accommodate growth (Brampton's residential is right up there now and growth on the Caledon side is taking off and 2) an effort to take stress off of the nearest E-W routes in Brampton (Sandalwood and Bovaird are traffic nightmares).

judging by that huge industrial building going up on Mayfield and Dixie its zoned for an industrial area where they are planning to have strong growth, but in general it just seems a little premature. The part west of Dixie that is already 6 lanes seems extremely overbuilt as it is.

How far north are they going to build in Caledon anyways? I've seen development proposal signs as far north as King St. but Kennedy north of the Strawberry Fields subdivision narrows after a side street-type roundabout, which looks like it's going to remain a narrow road.

The white belt extends up to the concession that the 410 ends at I believe, so I think that's 4km further north if I remember correctly.

It's interesting to watch Brampton use as much white belt as it can while Markham is purposefully leaving significant portions of the white belt out of their future urban boundaries..

Back