News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Will the new HOV lanes being built on the 410 be connected to the HOV lanes on the 403? Would be nice to have a seamless HOV lane that goes all the way from Winston Churchill/403 to Queens St./410

They've talked about it, and have plans, but seems like there's no talks of beginning construction any time soon.

http://www.oakville.ca/residents/highway-403-QEW-improvements.html

Based on the report they're looking to add one lane in each direction on the 403 between 407 and the QEW. That will definitely help traffic flow and make it easier to get onto the HOV lanes after the 407 interchange.

Based on the report they're looking to add one lane in each direction on the 403 between 407 and the QEW. That will definitely help traffic flow and make it easier to get onto the HOV lanes after the 407 interchange.

I'm not sure when they plan to start construction on this project, but they just finished resurfacing that entire length of the 403.

I'm assuming that means that project won't start anytime soon, other wise seems like a horrendous waster of tax dollars to resurface a road that's just going to be chewed up for a widening project in a year or two.

depends what kind of resurfacing was done. If it was a simple top layer it isn't too big of a deal, those typically aren't a huge amount to do. full roadbed reconstruction is another matter however.

Given that it isn't in the 5 year plan either, it won't be happening too soon.

Speaking of the 5 year plan, does anyone remember when that usually comes out? November?

Attachments

• Bxw0kmrIUAAR1KP.jpg
    Bxw0kmrIUAAR1KP.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 789
Are there any plans we can view of the 410 widening?

I'm surprised that a highway project as big as this one doesn't seem to have a lot of planning behind it before construction was announced.

Usually there is like a PDF we can view of how the project will look once completed, but I can't seem to find one anywhere.

Good point. Also, why are they clearing land on the outer portion of the highway? I'd've thought they'd be adding the new lanes on the inside part since there's still lots of room there.

Thanks for the pics! Is there any timeline in place for a further extension northwards? I thought the idea was to eventually bring it all the way to near the south shore of Lake Simcoe.

Thanks for the pics! Is there any timeline in place for a further extension northwards? I thought the idea was to eventually bring it all the way to near the south shore of Lake Simcoe.

None. That was the original concept back in the Harris government days, but the Growth Plan did not include any continuation of the corridor beyond Ravenshoe out to 2031. The thinking was that the only real purpose of such an extension would be to foster sprawl in greenbelt areas of Georgina.

Good point. Also, why are they clearing land on the outer portion of the highway? I'd've thought they'd be adding the new lanes on the inside part since there's still lots of room there.

My guess is there is enough room to add a lane each way in the middle....but since they are adding two each way they have to do more....just a guess.

Back