News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

None. That was the original concept back in the Harris government days, but the Growth Plan did not include any continuation of the corridor beyond Ravenshoe out to 2031. The thinking was that the only real purpose of such an extension would be to foster sprawl in greenbelt areas of Georgina.

Oh ok. I had heard something about eventually extending it to meet up with Highway 12, but I guess that was from the 'original' plan. Thanks for the clarification.

Oh ok. I had heard something about eventually extending it to meet up with Highway 12, but I guess that was from the 'original' plan. Thanks for the clarification.

The area is Blue. Maybe it will happen if the PC's ever get back in.

ElectionMap___Content.jpg

Attachments

• ElectionMap___Content.jpg
    ElectionMap___Content.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 1,356

The end of the highway at Woodbine is set up for a quick and easy continuation eastward towards Sutton/Beaverton - traffic takes the off-ramp to get onto Woodbine from the south.

Good point. Also, why are they clearing land on the outer portion of the highway? I'd've thought they'd be adding the new lanes on the inside part since there's still lots of room there.

I believe I read somewhere that one of the first things they'll be doing is digging up the land for the ponds that will be located near the "on and off" ramps.

I also noticed that they're digging up the land near the 401, which is probably preparation for constricting the new 403/401 transition lanes.

Wow it just ends at Woodbine? I hate it when highway just end without connecting to other highways. Provinces needs to reupload highways back. Too many gaps in the network like this. It is too much pressure on rural municipalities too. Make the gas tax funding 100% for transit and reupload the highways.

Hey does anyone know what is going on the 427 NB ramp from 401 EB, are they replacing the ramp or widening it?

I drove into downtown Toronto late last night and it looks like some portions of the Gardiner are almost finished being refurbished. Particularly the stretch just before you drive onto the elevated portion of the highway.

The resurfacing and the new concrete median definitely makes the highway look much cleaner. I'm just so used to seeing and imagining the Gardiner as being really dirty and rundown. I've never seen it look this good before.

I drove into downtown Toronto late last night and it looks like some portions of the Gardiner are almost finished being refurbished. Particularly the stretch just before you drive onto the elevated portion of the highway.

The resurfacing and the new concrete median definitely makes the highway look much cleaner. I'm just so used to seeing and imagining the Gardiner as being really dirty and rundown. I've never seen it look this good before.

I think the current phase of work is scheduled to be complete before year end....then we get a brief break until after the Pan Am games and it starts up again.

I think the current phase of work is scheduled to be complete before year end....then we get a brief break until after the Pan Am games and it starts up again.
The project he is referring to is complete. There's 3 separate (well now 2) projects going on on the Gardiner. You have the rehabilitation of the bridges over the Humber, scheduled for completion this coming February, being performed by Soncin Construction. Then you had the median construction between Ellis and Dufferin, completed in August by Dufferin Construction. Lastly is the deck rehabilitation of the elevated structure between the Ex and Bathurst, scheduled for completion in 2016 with the work being performed by Grascan Construction.

The lanes at the Humber won't reopen until March. The lanes on the elevated section will reopen temporarily a couple of weeks before the games begin and then will close again for another year after the games end.

Good to see that those long-missing 401 to 403 ramps will be built as part of the 410 construction.

Now if only they'd build the missing QEW to 403 ramps in Oakville.

401 to 403 ramps won't be built for awhile. They will be included in the 401 Express/Collector expansion from Hurontario to Mavis.

QEW to 403 ramps will be in a future contract as well (no date). The Preliminary Design is underway for that interchange.

401 to 403 ramps won't be built for awhile. They will be included in the 401 Express/Collector expansion from Hurontario to Mavis.
No they won't be included in the 401 Express/Collector expansion from Hurontario to Mavis. They are already under construction as part of the 410-widening from 401 north. This contract was awarded last month, see http://www.torontosun.com/2014/09/09/part-of-hwy-410-being-widened-to-10-lanes which notes that "The Hwy. 401-403-410 interchange will see two new ramps constructed as well".

QEW to 403 ramps will be in a future contract as well (no date). The Preliminary Design is underway for that interchange.
I think preliminary design has been underway since the end of the last century ...

No they won't be included in the 401 Express/Collector expansion from Hurontario to Mavis. They are already under construction as part of the 410-widening from 401 north. This contract was awarded last month, see http://www.torontosun.com/2014/09/09/part-of-hwy-410-being-widened-to-10-lanes which notes that "The Hwy. 401-403-410 interchange will see two new ramps constructed as well".

The Sun article is incorrect. The two new ramps are part of the EA for the 401 Widening from 410/403 to Credit River as shown here: http://www.401expansion-mississauga.ca/Downloads/403-410-IC-RollPlanDisplay2-Model.pdf

Back