News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

In light of the really good front page article here, where can one find the link to the Design Review Panel comments?

In particular, I want to see high-res images of public realm plan and the development plan of Six Points posted in the article above, including the conceptual massing of the proposed Housing Now development on Blocks 1-6.

This kind of vision-less crap from the city drives me crazy. Just copy what has worked in Toronto for decades, even centuries - King, Queen, Bloor, hell, even the Regent Park makeover if you want a current example of how to do modern urbanism relatively well. ECC is a blank slate that must not be squandered.

Full Closure of Kipling Avenue
between Dundas Street West and Bloor Street West

Contract: 16ECS-Tl-01SP
Start Date: Friday March 8, 2019 at 7 P.M
End Date: Tuesday March 12, 2019 at 5 A.M

Timeline is subject to change

In order to safely remove the Dundas Street West and Bloor Street West bridges over Kipling Avenue, there will be a full closure of Kipling Avenue between Dundas Street West and Bloor Street West commencing at 7 P.M Friday March 8, 2019 and reopening at 5 A.M Tuesday March 12, 2019. Drivers, pedestrians and cyclists please be aware and obey the traffic movements, signs and signals.
What to expect when travelling
To travel north on Kipling Avenue
  • Travel west on Dundas Street West (south of Bloor Street West), north on Aukland Road and east on Bloor Street West to re-join Kipling Avenue; or
  • Travel west on Dundas Street West (north of Bloor Street West) and use the Dundas/Kipling Ramp to re-join Kipling Avenue.
To travel south on Kipling Avenue
  • Travel west on Bloor Street West, south on Aukland Road and east on Dundas Street West to re-join Kipling Avenue; or
  • Travel south on Dunbloor Road and west on Dundas Street West to re-join Kipling Avenue.
What to expect during construction
You may experience dust, noise and other inconveniences. The City will make efforts to reduce the impacts. Your patience is appreciated.
  • Overnight Work Hours: Work will take place 24-hours a day for the entire weekend. The contractor will use extended work hours to minimize traffic disruption and congestion. Be advised, that overnight work will involve loud noise, such as concrete saw cutting, concrete grinding and concrete removal (e.g. tolls and machinery), placing concrete into trucks (banging) and beeping trucks backing-up.
  • Pedestrians: Due to the nature of the work and safety reasons, pedestrians will not be able to use the sidewalk within the construction area from Friday March 8 at 7 P.M to Tuesday March 12 at 5 A.M
    Signage will be placed ahead of the intersection to notify pedestrians to use adjacent streets to move north and south.
  • Transit Service: This project will affect travel times of a number of TTC and MiWay routes to and from Kipling Subway Station that travel along Kipling Avenue. Visit ttc.ca or mississauga.ca/portal/miway for accurate schedule information.
  • Village of Islington BIA and Local Businesses will be open throughout construction. All are welcome to dine, shop and play!
More information:
www.toronto.ca/etobicokecentre

Field Ambassador
etobicokecentre@toronto.ca
416-338-7755

Thank you for your patience. Building a great city takes time.
Better infrastructure for all of us is worth the wait.
TTY Hearing Impaired Service 416-338-0889
(7days/week, 8am - 5pm, closed holidays)
General Inquiries please call 311The City of Toronto respects your privacy - your email address and contact information will not be shared without your permission. Information will be collected in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and the Environmental Assessment Act. With the exception of personal information, all comments will become part of the public record.
4fcb0e6f-2755-4cb3-90b4-c16cc0836614.png
Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list

Last edited:

First time through here this morning, on the MiWay #76. Glad to see the progress, but I hope they can manage traffic better during construction. 10 minutes to get from Islington to Kipling. Barely moved along Bloor, though the new Dundas section was pretty quick. :)

View attachment 174955
First time through here this morning, on the MiWay #76. Glad to see the progress, but I hope they can manage traffic better during construction. 10 minutes to get from Islington to Kipling. Barely moved along Bloor, though the new Dundas section was pretty quick. :)

Google Maps is actually showing that, yet they can;t show the TYSSE

This thread already 13 years old. Things get done slowly.

Baby steps. Baby steps.

Google Maps is actually showing that, yet they can;t show the TYSSE
I reported it through Google Maps yesterday and flagged that it's urgent to redraw the entire thing, I'm surprised to see the new Dundas already drawn in! Usually it's a week or two from my experience. The old Gardiner offramp to York took weeks.

I reported it through Google Maps yesterday and flagged that it's urgent to redraw the entire thing, I'm surprised to see the new Dundas already drawn in! Usually it's a week or two from my experience. The old Gardiner offramp to York took weeks.

That is intersting I will admit. It's nice to see Google wanted to update it.

Last edited:
Those bridges would have been great for the bicyclists. A little wide, too bad they couldn't just narrow the bridges by 75%.
The cyclist lobby already complained and got the on street bike lanes upgraded to separated cycle tracks beyond the curb for the new Dundas and Bloor Streets - so there's some progress.

Traffic view at 6:15pm, traffic was almost backed up to Royal York on Bloor.

Attachments

• IMG_20190226_181522.jpg
    IMG_20190226_181522.jpg
    192.8 KB · Views: 314

Back