News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Incidentally, re the "homophobia defeated Smitherman" argument: as far as I can tell, homophobia doesn't seem to be denting Kathleen Wynne's popularity (not that other things aren't).

Come to think of it, I've been thinking that if Wynne lost the leadership to Pupatello, we might well be talking about *her* as a mayoral candidate in '14...
Apples and oranges. The vote for Liberal leadership is for Liberal party cardholders only.

Yeah but polling across ontario shows that Wynne is becoming increasingly popular.

Not with me. This women is a holy terror and will continue to cripple is once proud Province. I cautiously state that she is potentially even worse than the NDP for Ontario businesses.

Not with me. This women is a holy terror and will continue to cripple is once proud Province. I cautiously state that she is potentially even worse than the NDP for Ontario businesses.

In your opinion, which was the last Primere who did Ontario proud?

Perhaps, but at least she isn't a wash-out like Hudak.

Wynne seems pretty impressive so far, in how she's handled herself, and the Tory-Liberal powerplant scandal. Hudak is yet to explain exactly why he suggested cancelling the power plants in the first place. It's ironic that he'll be the one having to defend how he was going to cancel the power plants in the next election!

Finally, some new news about the video! Someone on Twitter by the name of @mikesmythnews was retweeted by Edward Keenan saying:

Michael Cooke, editor-in-chief of The Toronto Star, just told me he expects Rob Ford video will eventually be made public.

Michael Cooke: "The people who have this video, they're running scared right now. They're worried about deportation."

Michael Cooke, cont'd: "They're worried about being charged criminally. But the video is slowly making its way to daylight."

Incidentally, re the "homophobia defeated Smitherman" argument: as far as I can tell, homophobia doesn't seem to be denting Kathleen Wynne's popularity (not that other things aren't).

Another case of apples and oranges, lesbians are more excepted than gays by society on average. I don't get it myself, but it is a fact.

Finally, some new news about the video! Someone on Twitter by the name of @mikesmythnews was retweeted by Edward Keenan saying:

Michael Cooke, editor-in-chief of The Toronto Star, just told me he expects Rob Ford video will eventually be made public.

Michael Cooke: "The people who have this video, they're running scared right now. They're worried about deportation."

Michael Cooke, cont'd: "They're worried about being charged criminally. But the video is slowly making its way to daylight."

Seems to be a credible source - apparently Mike Smyth is a B.C. political columnist.

If it is true that the owner is scared that he could get arrested for the video it sounds like he has bought into the myth of the video being "illegal" and "too hot to handle".

This myth has been actively promoted over the last few weeks by the Toronto SUN and National Post in various articles. The "video is illegal" narrative is also being promoted by the head of our corrupt police force - Bill Blair. When asked what would happen if the video owner came forward to claim the $200K Blair said that TPS would investigate for possible criminal offenses. It has been clear from the start that Bill Blair has been trying to intimidate the video owner.

Unfortunately the Toronto Star has done nothing to counter this propaganda despite the fact that their credibility is on the line.

There is no reason why the owner of this video should be scared to come forward and claim this money. There is nothing illegal about taking a video of someone smoking an unknown substance. The theory being put forward by police operatives is that the video is illegal under "proceeds of crime" laws.

This is complete nonsense because "proceeds of crime" laws apply only AFTER someone is convicted of a crime and there is no way that anyone will be charged with a drug crime - much less convicted - based on this video. The reason is quite simple. The video cannot be used as evidence of a drug crime because it is impossible to confirm that the substance Ford allegedly smoked was crack cocaine or any other illicit substance. There is no way to prove - based on this video - that the person taking the video is also a drug dealer.

Since it is impossible from a video to prove that a drug crime took place how could the sale of a video be deemed "profiting from the proceeds of crime". It can't ! This is complete nonsense!

If the Toronto Star's editor's thinks that the video is going to come out eventually they could hasten it's release by debunking the myth that the video is "illegal". They should come out with a headline article "Why the sale of the alleged crack video is perfectly legal". In it they could offer helpful advice to the owner of the video such as advising the owner to contact one of the big Law firms on Bay street and let them work out the sale of the video to Gawker. This can be done above board. No reason for the person holding the video to be scared of anything.

Last edited:
And what about those that voted for Smitherman because he is gay? Spare me the victimization. You know darn well that many on the left thought it would be really sexy to have a homosexual leading the city.

Sorry to break it to you guys, but there will never be a homosexual mayor in this city.

Typically, the type of person to not be bothered by Smitherman's sexual orientation or even encouraged by it wasn't likely going to be convinced to vote for him solely on that basis. I also don't see how it's impossible or even terribly unlikely that Toronto could one day elect a homosexual mayor.

I watched this on my iPhone and am happy that finally admitted it. When I got home, I watched it on a larger screen and it appears that the video is a fake and someone pieced together several clips. I guess this shows the importance of seeing things under proper conditions before jumping to conclusions.:p

Uhh... your iPhone must suck. That video is an obvious fake... unlike the other one.

And what about those that voted for Smitherman because he is gay? Spare me the victimization. You know darn well that many on the left thought it would be really sexy to have a homosexual leading the city.

Sorry to break it to you guys, but there will never be a homosexual mayor in this city.

I'm sure there were a lot of Winnipeggers that thought the same thing before Murray. Actually, I wouldn't put it past Murray to run here, too. If the Liberal minority falls, and he loses or doesn't re-run at that level, I could see him taking a stab at the Toronto level. Given he has experience with a Pan Am games and is an infrastructure guy, I'd expect he'd be a good fit, too.

Just like there will never be an African American President.

Oh, wait...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back