News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
you know he's in big trouble because he's actually trying to create the impression that he works for a living, rather than rolling in at noon, and deaking out to get high at 2pm.

That was so pathetic. He came out, didn't make any significant announcement, and ran away from the press when the inevitable questions rained on him.

Despite advice from his new staff and his best efforts, his image continues to crumble.

Does that mark the first time Doug wasn't lurking in the shadows? I also noticed Doug Holyday was there this time. I don't think he has been for a while.

And Doug Ford is not doing much better--public battle with councillor Jaye Robinson over a sick day (amazing, really considering Rob's schedule) and the growing Build Toronto fiasco.

The longer this is dragged out the more it begins to resemble Twin Peaks. When the book is written I hope it is written by someone with a finely tuned sense of the absurd. My favourite part so far is learning how these 40 and 50 year olds who never left the neighbourhood continue to do their partying in mom's basement. According the Doug Ford Sold Drugs expose from a couple weekends back, Rob's sister hung out with her Klansmen buddies in mom's basement. That's where she was shot in the face.

Despite advice from his new staff and his best efforts, his image continues to crumble.

I think the deal with the Fords is that they know their supporters don't follow any news except what they hear from them directly, so as long as they don't address anything bad, it didn't happen.

Its fairly astonishing really - what happens if the video surfaces and the Ford's *still* continue to simply ignore questions about it? The mind boggles at the possibility.

It's hard not to get suspicious of the police, here.

In any case, rumour has it this is sister Basso's twitter account:

https://twitter.com/ejb__

Wow. I've seen that account post crazy shit on #topoli. What a coincidence this is if true. Though if memory serves me correctly the account had "Elizabeth" as its name in the past.

Last edited:
Its fairly astonishing really - what happens if the video surfaces and the Ford's *still* continue to simply ignore questions about it? The mind boggles at the possibility.

I think they're holding the rehab card in reserve for that. No sense jumping the gun early if you don't have to. I mean, it's actually sensible, if you think about it. Sleazy, but sensible.

Most likely nothing will happen and Ford Nation will still back them. At this point, do we really need to see the video to know what the Fords are about? I don't think so. I really can't see it making much difference to Ford's supporters.

Most likely nothing will happen and Ford Nation will still back them. At this point, do we really need to see the video to know what the Fords are about? I don't think so. I really can't see it making much difference to Ford's supporters.
If the video comes out, I'm not sure Ford Nation will be relevant, as we'd see city council measures, potentially police involvement, and perhaps even provincial action. A video of a mayor apparently committing a felony is tough to shrug off.

I think the deal with the Fords is that they know their supporters don't follow any news except what they hear from them directly, so as long as they don't address anything bad, it didn't happen.

but those walls are starting to crumble, and the Sun has behaved "more or less" like a legitimate newspaper throughout the whole scandal.

i'll say it again, most of the people supporting him at this point are doing so out of spite.

the North Etobicoke Tribalists who live in the immediate area where all of this is shaking out are a whole other matter however; as evidenced by Basso granny’s plaintive “greatest mayor ever!” cri de Coeur. but that’s because they have a very big dog in the fight.

nothing can save them, and they will no doubt be wailing like bereaved Nicolae Ceaușescu devotees when The Fraud is finally brought down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back