News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since returning, I've been trying to find out any news on the video. Those in the media that I've spoken to have good reason to believe that the police do have possession of the video and that lawyers are confident that the video will not be redacted from evidence to be made available to the media's joint legal team in August. It's been suggested that there are more photos on the cellphones collected in the raid, some of which could show Ford inside the house.

John Tory is increasingly becoming a leading possibility for John Laschinger's team. It's feared that Olivia Chow is too far left to carry the One City banner that his campaign is designed to push. She'd make an excellent candidate though Laschinger seems to prefer John Tory as he is viewed as a candidate that will be supported city wide and has everything to deliver a severe beating to Ford.

Since returning, I've been trying to find out any news on the video. Those in the media that I've spoken to have good reason to believe that the police do have possession of the video and that lawyers are confident that the video will not be redacted from evidence to be made available to the media's joint legal team in August. It's been suggested that there are more photos on the cellphones collected in the raid, some of which could show Ford inside the house.

Life is so much better when MM is on UT. :)

John Tory is increasingly becoming a leading possibility for John Laschinger's team. It's feared that Olivia Chow is too far left to carry the One City banner that his campaign is designed to push. She'd make an excellent candidate though Laschinger seems to prefer John Tory as he is viewed as a candidate that will be supported city wide and has everything to deliver a severe beating to Ford.

I agree 100% with Laschinger. Tory is more electable than Chow. Hopefully Chow will drop out of the race. If we have both Chow and Tory running, they'll split the vote a give a victory to the 1/3 of people who still support Mayor Ford.

How confident are the lawyers that the video is part of the evidence? I'm assuming from how you worded your post that they're almost certain.

I personally cant stand streetcars. As a driver i keep getting stuck behind them. On roads that are 1 or 2 lanes in each direction the streetcar blocks both lanes when dropping off or picking up passengers. Buses can pull over to the curb. I bet that streetcars arent environmentally friendly when you have to factor in the cost of all the wires, electricity, tracks, and constant repair to the tracks/wires.

With respect, I think your reasoning has some gaping flaws. If you want to make a fair comparison you also have to factor in what cars and busses do to road surfaces over time as well. Streetcars move a lot more people per hour than busses do, hands down. And cars don't even compare. As for environmental friendliness, just how friendly is a sea of cars with one or two passengers per car, idling away in gridlock?

Perhaps the better strategy for drivers is to find alternate routes that don't have streetcars. In terms of sheer efficiency for moving large amounts of people across the grid, they are bested only by subways.

The days where the autonomous personal mortorized vehicle is king are drawing to a close. Too many drivers in the core are still feeling peevish about that.

I personally cant stand streetcars. As a driver i keep getting stuck behind them. On roads that are 1 or 2 lanes in each direction the streetcar blocks both lanes when dropping off or picking up passengers. Buses can pull over to the curb. I bet that streetcars arent environmentally friendly when you have to factor in the cost of all the wires, electricity, tracks, and constant repair to the tracks/wires.

And they are noisy, too expensive, infested with bedbugs, don't work in summer, have warning bells made from baby seal penises, don't work in winter, can't be diverted to pick up football teams and cause miscarriages in cats. Won't anyone think of the cats?

Our streetcars on Queen carry 60,000 people a day. Personal vehicles only move 17,000. So if you have a problem with streetcars, please do 60,000 Torontonians a favor and drive somewhere else. And while you're at it, tell the other 16,999 drivers who are blocking our streetcars to pack up and drive somewhere else. Because clearly, it isn't smart to prioritize 17,000 people over 60,000.

Thanks.

Bangkok is paradise for people similar to Adam S.
1024px-TrafficBangkok.JPG

See, no buses or streetcars to worry about.

How confident are the lawyers that the video is part of the evidence? I'm assuming from how you worded your post that they're almost certain.

Nobody can know for sure but some people are certainly in a position to have been given off the record information from the police itself that the video was obtained in the raid. Regarding speculation on more photos, this is highly likely to be true. All the people in that one now famous photo were arrested and their cellphones were confiscated in their arrest. Those phones very likely contain photos taken by those men outside and probably inside the house. More photos will prove the first wasn't faked and lead to another fever pitch of questions directed at the Mayor. They will also disprove his dismissal that he didn't know those men and that he takes photos with a lot of people. They may also put him in the house. There will be solid proof that he lied to everyone once again and he'll have to own up to that lie or resort to running away and leaving questions unanswered.

Regarding John Tory or Olivia Chow, it's possible that she may run but may be swayed to keep her MP job if John Tory is John Laschinger's candidate and given assurances that he'll work with Chow to create a municipal + federal partnership to push for a National Transit Strategy. The key in this is that both Tory and Chow believe strongly in dedicated funding for transit despite their different political ideologies. As a Conservative, Tory would have sway with the Harper Government and unlike Rob Ford, he's not shy to admonish the Federal Government where they fall short. I think this will play in Olivia Chow's decision to stay out of the race if John Tory decides to step in.

Last edited:

What is your origin and destination? I am confident that whatever they may be, I can inform you of an alternative which will have minimal encounters with them.

That said, have you tried taking said streetcars to your destination?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back