News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
The mayor of your city was photographed with drug dealers who were later either killed or arrested, there is apparently a video of him engaging in illegal substance abuse in the company of drug dealers (which even more seriously as time goes by, appears to have been somehow made to disappear), and in the wake of it your mayor was cowering from the media and losing senior members of his office, and people are still talking about bunny suits from four years ago. Pity people and pity the city they live in if they think there is any equivalency there. We get what we deserve.

You might have had a point if the video was ever released, AND validated to be real, but it wasn't. I suspect a lot of Ford supporters just think it's a fake, or else that it just doesn't exist.

I'm gone 3 weeks and both Doug Holyday and Peter Milczyn are running against each other for Provincial office, Rob Ford is still Mayor and apparently increasingly popular and even has his own song and John Tory is now very likely John Laschinger's candidate? Did I come back to the right dimension?

You might have had a point if the video was ever released, AND validated to be real, but it wasn't. I suspect a lot of Ford supporters just think it's a fake, or else that it just doesn't exist.

Even if it was fake, it has for some reason never appeared. That's more than a little odd, particularly if it were a fake.

Has anyone else noticed that Gawker hasn't given up the hunt? I haven't heard any announcement that the money is going to charity. Makes me wonder if there's not still some leads in this area; as their original time frame would have had them give up by now, if I'm not mistaken.

Last edited:
Even if it was fake, it has for some reason never appeared. That's more than a little odd, particularly if it were a fake.
Well, if hasn't appeared, how do you know it even exists as a fake? ;) Yes the whole thing is odd, but that's about the only thing we can really say about this with certainty.

Taxi driver in Rome after I told him I was arriving from Toronto: You have a crazy Mayor. What were you guys thinking?(Berlusconi immediately popped into my peripheral vision and started dancing with young hookers and with pockets stuffed with Euros)
Taxi driver in Toronto after I asked him if Rob Ford was Mayor: Where's the video? He did a lot of good things for the city. (Couldn't name one).

We should start letting the Italians vote for our mayor and they should let us pick their President.

Taxi driver in Rome after I told him I was arriving from Toronto: You have a crazy Mayor. What were you guys thinking?(Berlusconi immediately popped into my peripheral vision and started dancing with young hookers and with pockets stuffed with Euros)
Taxi driver in Toronto after I asked him if Rob Ford was Mayor: Where's the video? He did a lot of good things for the city. (Couldn't name one).

We should start letting the Italians vote for our mayor and they should let us pick their President.

LOL. Welcome back MetroMan ;)

Good to have you back MetroMan. Maybe we'll get a little dirt again - its been very quiet around here :)

SchadenFord of the day - look at that lovely weather, just in time for Ford Fest!

What exactly is he supposed to be accomplishing though? There's all this talk that his office is understaffed and that there aren't enough people to do all the work, but the only basis for this seems to be that the previous guy in office had more staff and spent more. No one has clearly defined what isn't being done with Ford's reduced staff and budget.
How about setting policy and direction for a city that is growing at a more rapid rate than any other in North America? Just off the top of my head, the previous administration tangled with improving transportation and limiting congestion, sought new ways to manage garbage, and planned several new neighbourhoods. This year this administration dealt with plastic bags.

I don't know, what is it that private sector CEOs do? They have several floors worth of building beneath them so they must do something. Sure they don't concentrate on staying out of the office so they don't need to spend any money.

MetroMan is back!!!! Welcome back home. ;)

It should be remembered that the Ford brothers got their "real" jobs from their families' label business. With Rob Ford not graduating from university, he would not have been able to get any non-family job. And with his attitude of his way or no way, I just wonder what his non-family or non-political job reviews be like.
So everyone in Toronto who did not go to University is unemployable?

You can listen to it here : http://www.torontosun.com/2013/07/04/ford-fest-heads-east-to-scarborough

It will be performed tomorrow live at Ford Fest.

Here are the lyrics:

Mayor Ford (The World Will Remember)

(c) 2013 Jenny James, Brian Mann, Paul Chalmers, Sonia Watkins

Verse 1
Mayor Ford the tax payer’s Lord
Toronto’s own, our votes he won
He’s big and grand
On wasting people’s money he takes a stand

Verse 2
He’s the money crusader
The excess cost eliminator
A big heart that always cares
A man who’s fair and keeps things square

Chorus
Mayor Ford, cost cowboy and rollback viceroy
Toronto’s defender, economic mender
Blatant attacks won’t make him collapse
Cause Mayor Ford will bounce right back
Mayor Ford, the world will remember

Verse 3
We’ve seen tax and spend heroes before
Their fancy speeches, oh what a bore
They had their thrills and now we’re forced to pay their bills
That’s why we’re sore

Verse 4
All the crazy accusations
Won’t break apart the Ford Nation
He’s the man who perseveres
His political mandate will adhere

Chorus

Guitar Solo…

Ending Chorus

I can just see some preacher making a sermon on this rock-n-roll tune:

[video=youtube_share;3PdVqWuqUsI]http://youtu.be/3PdVqWuqUsI[/video]

It's not 1970 anymore, gainful employment options without post-secondary are fewer and fewer. I don't think it should be this way, but there it is.
True, but of course that's not really the point.

BTW, Smitherman didn't even go to university at all AFAIK.

Yay! Welcome home, MetroMan. Maybe now we can get back on track. Less pettiness, more "when's the video coming out?". Discuss...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back