8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Conspiracy time:

Ford is certainly involved in all this but not how we imagine. Its no secret rob ford has drug past and his family has a connection to the drug kingpins.

But police may be using rob ford as a source to get to the top leadership.

Imo this may be a possibility- I think it could also be that it's a mixture of the two- Ford was involved in all of this, and the police also decided to use him to get at the others. There's just too much in this that breeds suspicion- his visits to the jail, the firing of his office staff, etc.

In other news, Ford takes credit where none is due! Why hasn't he advocated for rebalancing the commercial/residential taxes? What has he specifically done to help businesses outside of venturing to Chicago?

Mayor Rob Ford takes credit for Toronto’s significant drop in unemployment
Peter Kuitenbrouwer | 13/09/12 2:08 PM ET
More from Peter Kuitenbrouwer | @pkuitenbrouwer

More people are working in the City of Toronto, and the mayor wants the credit.

“I was elected on a promise to create jobs, and that’s exactly what I’ve done,” Mayor Rob Ford told journalists gathered in the mayor’s protocol lounge at City Hall at lunchtime on Thursday.

“When I took office, day after day our city was losing business to our competitors. In 2010 I promised to create jobs and tackle our unemployment rate.”

The city put out a news release saying that according to Statistics Canada, “the City of Toronto’s unemployment rate has dropped nearly [three percentage points] in one year (from 10% in August 2012 to 7.1% in August 2013.”

The city said that there are now 58,000 more city of Toronto residents employed than a year ago.

The city singled out the thriving film industry, high-rise construction and low vacancy rates in office towers as markers of Toronto’s economic health.

“Folks, Toronto’s unemployment rate has dropped almost [four percentage points] in three years,” Mr. Ford said. Michael Williams, general manager of economic development for the city, and Joe Pennachetti, the city manager, confirmed at the news conference that the city’s unemployment rate was 11% when Mr. Ford took office in December 2010.

However, a graph handed out by city staff suggests that, after peaking at 11% in August, 2010, the employment rate was closer to 9.5% in December of that year.

“The unemployment rate in Toronto is noticeably dropping,” Mr. Ford said. “North York Scarborough, Etobicoke. Everyone’s working. The best social program, I have always said, is a job.”

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/0...or-torontos-significant-drop-in-unemployment/

No one cares about York. It's largely forgotten as a former Metro Toronto city, in spite of how commonly used Etobicoke, North York and Scarborough are as place names that date back to Metro. I've seen newspaper articles refer to areas in York as Etobicoke. One problem is that it's hard to notice anything unique about it at first glance. Its city hall was a bland building on Eglinton near Black Creek that remains a civic centre to this day. It had no public square.

However, York does have a distinguishing feature in Toronto. Toronto is fairly flat, but most of the streets in York are hilly. Once, I was riding home with a friend from the 905 at night, taking the sloping side streets through York as shortcut. Passing bunch of bungalows then slab apartment towers on a particularly sharply sloped side street off Eglinton, she said that it seemed like we were another country (cute). Here's an intersection of sidestreets with a slope in every direction.

I once read that the former city of York is the San Francisco of Toronto.

York may have a lot of hills, but most certainly it does not have fog. It's not very gay, or queer; and it isn't very punk or hippie either. There was, however, a lot of Caribbean folks (mostly Jamaican) on Eglinton when I grew up there.

I have been trying to remember what the Mayor has actually done for job creation since reading this page of the thread and I can't, other than contracting out garbage collection. I feel slightly sheepish.

I have been trying to remember what the Mayor has actually done for job creation since reading this page of the thread and I can't, other than contracting out garbage collection. I feel slightly sheepish.

You know very well how successful his "full employment for low-level drug dealers and henchmen" program is going. It's a raging success. Nearly as successful is his "more cops to drive me home and protect me from the press when I'm DUI" employment program.

The Crown has withdrawn the charges against the woman who allegedly threw her drink at Ford: http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/201...d_charges_dropped_in_juice_throwing_case.html
The Crown has withdrawn an assault charge against a woman accused of throwing a drink at Mayor Rob Ford during a street festival this summer.
Shannon Everett, 27, was instead required to donate $500 to CAMH, the charity of her choice.
Everett denies throwing her drink at the mayor and repeated that she was not intoxicated or suffering from a mental illness that day.
Councillor Doug Ford had said to media that Everett did not appear “in her right mind” at the time.
“The truth is I have never and would never throw a drink in anyone's face, even Mayor Ford,” said Everett on the steps outside the courthouse.
Photos View gallery
Shannon Everett denies throwing a drink at Mayor Rob Ford. Charges against her were dropped.zoom
Everett's lawyer Marie Henein said she regrets losing the chance to test the credibility of the witnesses in the case — including Mayor Ford — but that “it's a great day for Shannon.”

The Crown has withdrawn the charges against the woman who allegedly threw her drink at Ford: http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/201...d_charges_dropped_in_juice_throwing_case.html

From the Star article
Shannon Everett, 27, was instead required to donate $500 to CAMH

Maybe legally the charges were withdrawn, but in layman terms she plead guilty to a lesser charge - a charge that carries no farther consequences other than paying a "fine" of $500 (to a charity).

York may have a lot of hills, but most certainly it does not have fog. It's not very gay, or queer; and it isn't very punk or hippie either. There was, however, a lot of Caribbean folks (mostly Jamaican) on Eglinton when I grew up there.

It's okay. I've compiled a list of the jobs created by Rob Ford:

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back