News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just saw this tweet from Lisa Kirbie (Warren Kinsella's partner):

Lisa Kirbie ‏@LisaKirbie 37m
Was a certain chief magistrate stopped by 14 Div last night for drunk driving? If so, why drive him home instead of arresting him? #topoli
Expand

I wonder who she is referring to ? The term "chief magistrate" can be used to describe a mayor.

EDIT:

In response to Kirbie's tweet I see this tweet from a NOW magazine journalist which hints at the identity of the "chief magistrate" allegedly picked up by Toronto Police for drunk driving last night and driven home.

Enzo DiMatteo ‏@enzodimatteo 42m
@LisaKirbie Not he first time that's happened. He used to have a personal detail, till some guy name Price was hired. Cops seeing too much?

Last edited:
Who amongst us hasn't been pulled over for drunk driving and had the luxury of being driven home by the cops without charges. Come on, Ford is just a regular guy :p

I thought this was well played, considering it was in the Star:

editorial_cartoon_for_sept_10_2013.jpg

Attachments

• editorial_cartoon_for_sept_10_2013.jpg
    editorial_cartoon_for_sept_10_2013.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 411
TTC Tycoon: like Roller Coaster Tycoon or Transport Tycoon or Cities in Motion, except that it deals with managing the Toronto Transit Commission

Oh no. I don't want to play Andy Byford. The poor man has an incompetent council that won't build the transit Toronto needs or properly fund the TTC. And when the TTC doesn't work right, everyone blames him. It's a life of despair.

I wonder who she is referring to ? The term "chief magistrate" can be used to describe a mayor.

EDIT:

In response to Kirbie's tweet I see this tweet from a NOW magazine journalist which hints at the identity of the "chief magistrate" allegedly picked up by Toronto Police for drunk driving last night and driven home.

I am so frustrated with the TPS. I've lost count of how many times they've caught Ford in a crime and have done nothing about it. Why doesn't anybody else but Ford get a ride home when drunk driving. Heads need to roll at TPS.

EDIT:

Meanwhile, in an alternative universe, the police ARREST Rob Ford for DUI:

https://www.facebook.com/MontgomeryMedia/posts/10151993183381844

I am so frustrated with the TPS. I've lost count of how many times they've caught Ford in a crime and have done nothing about it. Why doesn't anybody else but Ford get a ride home when drunk driving. Heads need to roll at TPS.

If in fact these reports are true - that Rob Ford was driven home by police after getting caught driving drunk - what MUST happen in my opinion is for an outside police force to come in and investigate the actions of Toronto Police with respect to Rob Ford.

This is not simply a case of getting "special treatment". This is a criminal case involving acts of nonfeasance that I suspect go all the way up to the top of the force and involve Chief Bill Blair. I cannot see a low level traffic cop taking it upon himself to essentially break the law without having guidance from the top of the command.

This is what SHOULD happen if these allegations are true but will it happen? I doubt it! You will not see Rob Ford biggest foes - the left wing on city council and the Toronto Star calling for this action because it would involve getting Bill Blair in trouble and they are all still in love with Bill Blair.

If in fact these reports are true - that Rob Ford was driven home by police after getting caught driving drunk - what MUST happen in my opinion is for an outside police force to come in and investigate the actions of Toronto Police with respect to Rob Ford.

This is not simply a case of getting "special treatment". This is a criminal case involving acts of nonfeasance that I suspect go all the way up to the top of the force and involve Chief Bill Blair. I cannot see a low level traffic cop taking it upon himself to essentially break the law without having guidance from the top of the command.

This is what SHOULD happen if these allegations are true but will it happen? I doubt it! You will not see Rob Ford biggest foes - the left wing on city council and the Toronto Star calling for this action because it would involve getting Bill Blair in trouble and they are all still in love with Bill Blair.

I doubt someone in the media or on twitter would know for sure that this had happened, or even what exactly was going on.

Or how junior hockey players refer to their groupies as "ramp tramps".
Ramp tramps have more to do with skateboarding. Puck bunnies is the commonly used term in hockey (junior or otherwise).

Putting the hyperbole aside, I'm surprised the media hasn't hired someone to follow Ford around 24-7 (though Doug claims they've been doing just that). If Ford really has habitually escaped a driving drunk charge thanks to the police, it shouldn't be too hard for a professional investigator to document that.

Ramp tramps have more to do with skateboarding. Puck bunnies is the commonly used term in hockey (junior or otherwise).

The term "ramp tramps" to describe junior hockey groupies has been around since the 1970s. Several ex-junior hockey beat writers have conveyed this to me, although there are many alternative terms (including the more well-known "puck bunnies"), some of which have particular geographical significance. I asked the reporters about the etymology (and in particular the reference to a "ramp"), and they said it was a reference to the ramp that led from the rink to the bus parking spot. Perhaps skaters picked it up later?

I've covered junior hockey in this century and not heard ramp tramp. Definitely puck bunny, and a few not suitable in esteemed UT company.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back