News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been noted that the TPS hired an airplane for surveillance, and remarked as kind of odd given the force owns their own plane. I wonder if this kind of surveillance is the kind the police are forced to do when their targets are individuals with deep contacts in their own ranks, particularly in Etobicoke. If detectives started following around the Fords et al on land, surely word would filter back quickly to Ford loyalists in the divisions in the area, and any tailing operation could have been blown.

That assumes Ford knew the tape existed before Smith was offed. It's just as likely that Ford wasn't made aware of the tape until after Smith was out of the picture.

Ford may or may not have known by then, however, his handlers probably did, and was hoping to control the situation.

Nah, it won't work. Trying to obtain the video is not obstruction of judtice, until there is proof that the video is evidence of a crime. Now, if Ford say ordered Lisi to beat up the Bassos, he could certainly be charged with conspiracy or assault. But I can't see Lisi rolling on Ford for that - he's done time for assault before, knows he can handle it.

Maybe the Project Traveller wiretaps on the Bassos or the Dixon crew might have caught Price or Ford uttering threats or describing a conspiracy? That would be something I guess.

Well MetroMan for months has been saying that TPS has been pursuing an obstruction of justice charge. Earlier this morning he reaffirmed that viewpoint.

Now who knows what Ford may have done to make TPS pursue an obstruction of justice charge. Perhaps he told his staff to lie to police. That alone could be a charge of obstruction and conspiracy.

It's been noted that the TPS hired an airplane for surveillance, and remarked as kind of odd given the force owns their own plane. I wonder if this kind of surveillance is the kind the police are forced to do when their targets are individuals with deep contacts in their own ranks, particularly in Etobicoke. If detectives started following around the Fords et al on land, surely word would filter back quickly to Ford loyalists in the divisions in the area, and any tailing operation could have been blown.

It may be that they resorted to aerial surveillance for reasons given however if that is the case it looks like police were betrayed by two very senior people within their ranks:

Doug Ford quoted in the SUN

Not knowing if it was prying media or otherwise, Ford said he called two superintendents he knows who confirmed it was police over the backyard famous for hosting many Ford Fest barbecues.

I wonder if one of the superintendents was Ford family friend Supt Ron Taverner? If so it seems to me this Ford family friend is going to be in some hot water since it is obviously strictly forbidden for a police officer to confirm or deny to a private citizen details of a secret police surveillance operation. I am surprised that not more is being made about this angle to the story. Is Bill Blair investigating these two unnamed superintendents? Are they being suspended pending an internal investigation or will this just be swept under the rug like most embarrassing episodes involving TPS' officers:confused:

Is Bill Blair investigating these two unnamed superintendents? Are they being suspended pending an internal investigation or will this just be swept under the rug like most embarrassing episodes involving TPS' officers:confused:

They probably removed their nametags before answering Doug's call so now there's no way to track them.

Not too surprising. It's standard for fundamentalists to be paranoid, and suffer from a persecution complex. When "control" is wavering or disintegrating, and in the Fords case, the feeling of not being part of the "in crowd" anymore, then there has to be always an external reason or scapegoat.

That's how goes things when "reality" comes tumbling down.

And, of course, don't forget the "yeah, well, what about *you*???" defence. (cue references to Jack & Olivia & co-ops, or Teddy Kennedy and Chappaquiddick, etc)

And, of course, don't forget the "yeah, well, what about *you*???" defence. (cue references to Jack & Olivia & co-ops, or Teddy Kennedy and Chappaquiddick, etc)

Yep, the Fords are made for a black and white standard def world, not the high def one most people live.

This is something I've never understood. Why did Team Ford not go looking for the video until AFTER the story broke? At a minimum, they'd been alerted to its existence by the idiot CNN producer.

First time poster, long-time reader. This is the best source for this stuff. I salute all of you.

I know that Ford's schedule is pretty much useless, and any useful information will get redacted before it's released via FOI, but the Globe article from this week showed that Ford had a meeting with David Price on Feb 22nd. Interestingly, that was the day before the Garrison Ball. That's likely unrelated, but I think that this was before Price was actually hired as "logistics director".

I've read a claim that the video was several months old, but the photo was supposedly taken the same night and there's snow in the background. Since Smith was shot in March and there wasn't really snow on the ground until January (if I recall correctly), there's about a 10-week window when this could have happened.

I'm wondering if the Price meeting on Feb 22nd was Ford bringing Price in as his fixer after realizing that a video was taken. However, that still doesn't explain why they didn't go looking for it until after the story broke. Maybe they were looking around quietly in March and April and then got panicked after May 16th, but that's not really their style.

Anyone got any thoughts on this topic?

First time poster, long-time reader. This is the best source for this stuff. I salute all of you.

I know that Ford's schedule is pretty much useless, and any useful information will get redacted before it's released via FOI, but the Globe article from this week showed that Ford had a meeting with David Price on Feb 22nd. Interestingly, that was the day before the Garrison Ball. That's likely unrelated, but I think that this was before Price was actually hired as "logistics director".

I've read a claim that the video was several months old, but the photo was supposedly taken the same night and there's snow in the background. Since Smith was shot in March and there wasn't really snow on the ground until January (if I recall correctly), there's about a 10-week window when this could have happened.

I'm wondering if the Price meeting on Feb 22nd was Ford bringing Price in as his fixer after realizing that a video was taken. However, that still doesn't explain why they didn't go looking for it until after the story broke. Maybe they were looking around quietly in March and April and then got panicked after May 16th, but that's not really their style.

Anyone got any thoughts on this topic
?

I think that you could very well be right in your analysis. The picture taken outside was in winter - likely February as you suggest. I suspect that Ford was aware of the video's existence long before the Gawker story (in the video he said "that thing better not be on" when he awoke from his slumber). I could see Price being brought in to secure the video. When the Gawker / Star story broke they went into full panic mode.

P.J. Stock just said to Leafs fans, on Hockey Night In Canada -- and I'm paraphrasing -- "Gabrovski has 5 points this season; put that in your pipe and smoke it". He's just taunting the police. Obviously he's the hockey analyst that was mentioned a few months ago, jk. ;)

P.J. Stock just said to Leafs fans, on Hockey Night In Canada -- and I'm paraphrasing -- "Gabrovski has 5 points this season; put that in your pipe and smoke it". He's just taunting the police. Obviously he's the hockey analyst that was mentioned a few months ago, jk. ;)

Thanks. I needed that. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back