News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting. Joyce Schertzer is one of the detectives connected with the special squad tasked with investigating the Mayor and his associates.

her police officer husband has had troubles...

Joyce Schertzer, his third and current wife and a promising detective on the Toronto police homicide squad, would stand by him through the many years of scrutiny and accusation. When her schedule allowed, she would be in court by his side.

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2012/06/29/saga_of_a_toronto_police_drug_squad.html

for an update...

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2..._squad_officers_get_45_days_house_arrest.html

Last edited:
I don't understand how exactly he got away with that. Well, I don't understand how he's gotten away with any of this shit, but can he actually just make up jobs and give them to his friends?

Media: What qualifies Mr. Price for the job?
Doug Ford: You can't teach loyalty.

That's pretty much all we know about how or why David Price was hired as the "director of logistics and operations" for Mr. Ford. So to sum up and answer your question: Yes. Yes he can.

Yikes! So let's get this straight: the TPS invstigation of the murder of a drug dealer in 52 division is being led by the loyal spouse of a disgraced former 52 division drug squad officer who was recently criminally convicted for lying about his role in coordinating extortion, drug trafficking and other racketeering activities that resulted in the dismantling of all of 52 division's undercover operations, the wholesale dismissal by the crown of over 100 of the 52 divison drug squad's pending criminal cases and the resignation-in-protest by the lead RCMP investigator brought in to dig up the skeletons when his investigation was thwarted in what he called "a cover up"?

Okay, just checking. Move along now. Nothing to see here.

Guitarchitect, please remind me of the source of your confidence in our criminal justice system. I am willing to clutch at straws, but you gotta at least show me where to find them.

Last edited:
It's confirmed: Robyn Doolittle, class of ’06 – Currently a municipal politics reporter at The Toronto Star, Doolittle has covered the Ford administration extensively and is at work on her first book, a political biography of Toronto Mayor Rob Ford and his family. In her previous role as police reporter at the Toronto Star, Doolittle covered the Conrad Black trial in Chicago and the G20 summit in Toronto.
http://www.ryerson.ca/news/media/General_Public/20131002_mr_journ60th.html

BlogTO compares Toronto and Austin: http://www.blogto.com/city/2013/10/by_the_numbers_toronto_vs_austin_texas/

MAYOR: Rob Ford (Independent) vs Lee Leffingwell (Democrat)

It's tough to choose a metric that would fairly compare Ford to Leffingwell, so brief biographies instead. Both were born in the cities they serve, both were councillors that were elected mayor. Leffingwell won a second term as mayor in 2012 and Rob Ford is currently preparing to stake his claim to another four years at city hall.

Austin's civic leader is a mechanical engineering graduate and former pilot in the United States Navy who served in Vietnam and later flew Boing 767s for 32 years at Delta Airlines. Rob Ford dropped out of a political science program at Carleton University after his sister fell on hard times and worked - possibly still works - as the chief financial officer for the multi-million dollar label and tag business his late father, philanthropist and Mike Harris MPP Douglas Ford, co-founded.

One area where the two crossed over is plastic bags. With the help of two city councillors, Leffingwell successfully banned single use bags from supermarkets and grocery stores in March this year. A lawsuit by the Texas Retailers Association was dropped in September.

Ford, well, not so much. He successfully killed off a surprise ban in June.

It has been my thought all along that dealers who made the video would not have gone to media first. I don't believe that would have been the first play. I believe the video was originally made to extort money out of Rob Ford. Dealing with the media brings a lot of risk - first off they would be dealing with some very sharp journalists and there is also the potential that the media would not have the funds to pay for the video (which is exactly what they found out). Whereas, they would know that Rob Ford is sitting on a family inheritance, that he would be horribly compromised by the existence of the video, and that ultimately he is a buffoonish simpleton.

I would be willing to bet just about anything that their first play was to extort Rob Ford for money in exchange for not releasing the video to the media. How that played out is anyone's guess, but we can speculate... could be he met their demands and paid them off, then they double-crossed him and decided to try to get a second payday out of the video. Or, it could be that they dropped the extortion attempt on Ford, and then tried to get money out of Gawker and the Star. What would make them drop an attempt to squeeze some money out of Ford? Well, 2 dudes in photo were shot (one dead)... We already know that Ford has no qualms about sending out his goon squad to try to retrieve the video, as evidenced by Lisi and Price's actions after the Star/Gawker story broke...

One thing that has bugged me since Project Traveler is the fact that the shooter in the Anthony Smith case was rapidly processed with a highly unusual plea down to manslaughter. At first I thought this smacked of cover-up, but what if the deal was given in exchange for the shooter to turn states-witness? To testify on who called in the hit in the first place?

This is a great theory and it fits with a lot of the unreleased information that I've talked about. I've thought all along that Anthony Smith was the original video owner but when charges were downgraded and shown as unrelated to the video, I too thought it was fishy. This is developing into something really big and I'm comforted by the fact that even if enough Torontonians are stupid enough to put Ford back in office for a second term, there is no way charges won't be laid for another 4 or 5 years. He'll never finish that term. Given the activity lately, I'm willing to bet that he won't even make it to election day.

I'm getting the impression that the Austin delegation have returned back to Toronto. Doug Ford is certainly back (he's doing the radio show alone). Don Peat has returned. Who is still there? Yep, Rob Ford. He's there to "watch football" today. Oh, and to meet up with the Mexican cartel in a desert, of course :)

City council is back from summer holiday, first session is on Tuesday. Should be an interesting day.

This is a great theory and it fits with a lot of the unreleased information that I've talked about. I've thought all along that Anthony Smith was the original video owner but when charges were downgraded and shown as unrelated to the video, I too thought it was fishy. This is developing into something really big and I'm comforted by the fact that even if enough Torontonians are stupid enough to put Ford back in office for a second term, there is no way charges won't be laid for another 4 or 5 years. He'll never finish that term. Given the activity lately, I'm willing to bet that he won't even make it to election day.

Funny, at first it looked like the Ford influence had again changed the charges/sentencing, which seems to happen to associates/family members of Ford. Now it looks like a deal was reached, and TPS got a lot more than they expected. :cool:

Yikes! So let's get this straight: the TPS invstigation of the murder of a drug dealer in 52 division is being led by the loyal spouse of a disgraced former 52 division drug squad officer who was recently criminally convicted for lying about his role in coordinating extortion, drug trafficking and other racketeering activities that resulted in the dismantling of all of 52 division's undercover operations, the wholesale dismissal by the crown of over 100 of the 52 divison drug squad's pending criminal cases and the resignation-in-protest by the lead RCMP investigator brought in to dig up the skeletons when his investigation was thwarted in what he called "a cover up"?

Okay, just checking. Move along now. Nothing to see here.

Guitarchitect, please remind me of the source of your confidence in our criminal justice system. I am willing to clutch at straws, but you gotta at least show me where to find them.

Wow! Why is this not a bigger story?

Every report on the Hashimi plea included quotes to the effect of how extraordinarily lenient it was compared to similar cases. Why? I think there are two reasons: 1) He's agreed to testify, and 2) The Crown was not forced to disclose any evidence.

That second point is important. Go back to the coverage of any court hearing on this case. In all but one hearing, the various judges have decided to keep pretty much anything presented by the Crown secret. The only exception was when the Ft. McMurray search warrant was made public, but even hat was a reversal of an earlier decision. One JP in the Hanad Muhammed case even banned publication of Smith and Khattak's names despite the fact that they had already been reported.

This is highly unusual in Canada, where the public's right to know is generally weighted heavily in such considerations. But this is not a conspiracy. Even if the Fords had any influence with the judiciary, which they don't, they certainly don't have the ability to influence more than a dozen judges and JPs across the country.

The Crowd is waiting for the right moment to release this information. And, based on the quickening pace of events and leaks, it would appear that the right moment is rapidly approaching.

so, if this theory is to be believed, there are two (possibly three) conspiracies racing to outmaneuver each other - the Crown and the Police, the Fords' legal team, and maybe a bunch of mid-to-high level street gang dealers trying to keep themselves from getting done for long sentences? (also, i wonder if any of these fools have enough to turn in any bigger organized crime like the HA or Mafia...that would make for a mess trying to recover the damn video)

i wonder why the Crown and the TPS are gunning so hard. is it because it's too likely that the papers would expose a cover-up because the Fords are too inept to keep it shtum, or is it some sort of class thing, or is the TPS sincerely pissed off/afraid of what Ford could do to their budgets? MAG's Criminal Law Office Toronto has zippo to fear from Ford, really - neither he nor his brother could do anything to their budget; Doug couldn't do much even if he was part of a Hudak gov't. i wonder how much a zeal for actually catching bad guys plays into this...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back