News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt that Ford would be charged with "Attempted Murder", but I'm pretty confident that any charge against him will begin with the words "Conspiracy to...". It would appear that the police are working their way up the food chain and getting lower-level players to turn on the people who gave them their orders. Essentially, someone will have to testify that Rob (or Doug, or Price) directed them to do a home invasion at 15 Windsor, shoot Smith, etc.
If Ford did initiate some kind of request to retrieve the video from Smith, my hunch is he didn't specifically say "kill". Maybe he said "get the video any way you can" which eventually lead to a murder. What I'm confused about is isn't Basso old friends with Rob, going back to high school? Would he really tell someone to go rough up an old friend/drug buddy? Or did the people who busted into Basso's place do it on their own initiative when they found out that it was his house where the video was filmed?

If Deco is being investigated then one would assume that multiple agencies are involved considering they have offices in Chicago and at one time Florida. I, for one, am eager to find out what Doolittle found out when she was investigating in Florida. Either Deco-related or rehab-related.

I thought Deco's Florida location was closed down years ago.

I thought Deco's Florida location was closed down years ago.
Yes, hence the "at one time" :) I wonder what the reason was that it closed down. And then there's that guy that was arrested for cocaine possession with the same address as the DECO office in Florida. I wonder if there's a connection there.

So much of this will come down to what was said behind closed doors in the days after May 16th. It was reported that Rob blurted out something about "our contacts" saying the video was in 1701 or 1703 of 320 Dixon. I imagine that it was around this time that decisions were made to commit crimes in order to recover the video. However, I still think that they were looking for the video as far back as February because why else would Price meet with Ford on the 22nd and then start his completely BS job shortly thereafter? If that is the case, presumably they were using quiet, non-violent methods to find the video and then panicked and got sloppy after the story broke. Still, they KNEW the story was about to break because they'd been tipped off by the CNN producer. So it seems odd that they would only start panicking after May 16th. Anyway, I think the charges will stem largely from what happened in those meetings - and if sources have spoken with the Star about that, I suspect that they have also spoken with the police.

On a related subject, another aspect about this case that has never sat right with me is the suggestion that Mark Towhey was fired for telling Ford to go to rehab. He might have done so, but Kavoulis was also reported to have said he wouldn't work with Ford again unless he cleaned up and he appears to be back on the team now, so this doesn't seem like an offence that gets people fired by Ford. Based on what I read at the time and since, it seems pretty clear that Towhey hated Price. And Towhey was the only person from the mayor's office to contact the police, which I strongly suspect that is the actual reason he was fired. Team Ford probably figured that they could ride out this storm if the police weren't involved, but Towhey screwed that up for them.

At least, that's my theory.

Cocaine possession from a Florida Deco address? News to me...is there a link you can provide or is that just in the rumour mill?
And @above - Towhey is a neocon dipshit, but he was also in the military. This must've clashed with Price and his street smarts (why he was hired). The whole video retrieval operation must've been botched from the get-go, and perhaps Towhey knew to get out before criminal charges came down on him too. And I want the Star or whomever to interview that internal Ford staff Twitter tweeter who was outed by them. That guy must know something.

And whoever posted that "Los Deco Hermanos" line....Bravo! That's hilarious.

Last edited:
Doug Ford backtracking on CP24 just now, said he now thinks the spy plane belongs to the Toronto Star. Also, Lisi was never Rob Ford's driver. "I guess he was an acquaintance." Doug supports the police and the courts.

What a character this guy is.

How does anyone interview Doug Ford without rolling their eyes while doing an air jerk?

And whoever posted that "Los Deco Hermanos" line....Bravo! That's hilarious.

Indeed. Good stuff, animatronic! Though I'd change it slightly to "Los Decos Hermanos" (if going with "los", you have to pluralise!).

Hermanos of course means brothers or siblings, so someone with some photoshop skills should replace the back-to-back chickens from the Los Pollos Hermanos logo with Rob and Doug (too bad about Randy and Kathy).

Last edited:
Cocaine possession from a Florida Deco address? News to me...is there a link you can provide or is that just in the rumour mill?

Link

Mugshots.com ID: 1974743
Name: HEAVEN, DARRIUS T
Race: BLACK
Hair Color: BLACK
Eye Color: BROWN
Height: 5′ 6″ (1.68 m)
Weight: 144 lb (65 kg)
Birth date: 9/09/1982
DC Number: L33119
Release Date: 4/04/2005
Release Facility: TAYLOR ANNEX
Custody: MINIMUM
Stated Residence:
2133 N. 19TH AVENUE
HOLLYWOOD, FL 33020 33020

Same address as Deco's [former] Florida location

So, wasn't he supposed to be back in town today? I imagine the media has a *lot* of questions for him. Is he hiding?

Huh, interesting. Google of that address does give me the result of a Deco (former, supposedly) location. But Streetview tells me this area is anything but a business area. It's all shady looking bungalows, trailers, and cheap apartments. I can't see a business on the entire block. What's funny is that entire block looks to have lower end vehicles, except for the Mercedes exactly where the Streetview marker lands.

Indeed. Good stuff, animatronic! Though I'd change it slightly to "Los Decos Hermanos" (if going with "los", you have to pluralise!).

Hey - I barely speak English as it is... I'm calling dibs if that becomes the movie title. Could also go with "Los Etiquetas Hermanos" but that's a bit too obscure.

Huh, interesting. Google of that address does give me the result of a Deco (former, supposedly) location. But Streetview tells me this area is anything but a business area. It's all shady looking bungalows, trailers, and cheap apartments. I can't see a business on the entire block. What's funny is that entire block looks to have lower end vehicles, except for the Mercedes exactly where the Streetview marker lands.

Exactly. Back in August, someone suggested that it could be some kind of regional field office. Can't imagine why Deco would need it though.

Exactly. Back in August, someone suggested that it could be some kind of regional field office. Can't imagine why Deco would need it though.

It was almost certainly an address of convenience with no real operations. They probably had a sales rep who needed a local mailbox, Deco needed to be in-state to bid on a government contract or something similar. The cocaine charge is just a coincidence.

Doug Ford backtracking on CP24 just now, said he now thinks the spy plane belongs to the Toronto Star. Also, Lisi was never Rob Ford's driver. "I guess he was an acquaintance." Doug supports the police and the courts.

What a character this guy is.

Even for the Fords, this wreaks of pure and utter desperation. They know their time is running out. MetroMan, I owe you a beer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back