News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
But hey, it'd make a good photo-op right?

I quite honestly think he'd be much happier in that role, and still can't understand why he actually wants to be the mayor. It's great that he wants to get out there on the ground and help people - but in a city like Toronto, that simply isn't the Mayor's job.

If every day was McHappy Day Mayor Bob would be thrilled. A new location every week! Come in, help charity, and tell me about your potholes.

News from this morning's Toronto City Council meeting. Peter Leon is now on the Executive committee. Paul Ainslie has been dropped (because he voted against the Scarborough subway) and Mammoliti has also been axed.

News from this morning's Toronto City Council meeting. Peter Leon is now on the Executive committee. Paul Ainslie has been dropped (because he voted against the Scarborough subway) and Mammoliti has also been axed.

Apparently Paul Ainslie resigned -- wasn't fired. Although we'll probably have to wait to get the real story.

Edit to add source: https://twitter.com/reporterdonpeat/status/388704145957351424

Peter Leon isn't on the Executive committee. Deputy Mayor Kelly put forward a motion for that to happen but it was held so there was no vote.

Paul Ainslie resigned as Parks committee chairman. He's off that one as well as Executive. Now he's going off on Ford. He says his staff bullied him over the last year. Ford "ran out of ideas a long time ago" and that his personal issues have reflected badly on him. Ainslie says he'll be supporting David Soknacki in the next election.

Hmm...Ford just said on CP24 that Leon will be on the Executive. He hasn't even been a councillor for 24 hours yet! Is Ford trying to mold him into a yes man?

Last edited:
Peter Leon isn't on the Executive committee. Deputy Mayor Kelly put forward a motion for that to happen but it was held so there was no vote.

Paul Ainslie resigned as Parks committee chairman. He's off that one as well as Executive. Now he's going off on Ford. He says his staff bullied him over the last year. Ford "ran out of ideas a long time ago" and that his personal issues have reflected badly on him. Ainslie says he'll be supporting David Soknacki in the next election.

Ahh, thank you for the correction.

Hmm...Ford just said on CP24 that Leon will be on the Executive. He hasn't even been a councillor for 24 hours yet! Is Ford trying to mold him into a yes man?

Maybe no one else would join? I imagine there's not a lot of interest in being closely aligned with Ford at the moment.

pardon my ignorance, but what exactly does 'peeler' mean? I'm assuming you mean strippers but I also gather it can be used to describe a crooked cop. Just looking for clarification.

Adult entertainment performers. Not sure of the origin, but that's what they're called where I grew up.

Never heard of the term for a dirty cop, though.

"Peeler" is one of those quintessentially Canadian mullet-head expressions such as "give'r" or "May two-four"

Adult entertainment performers. Not sure of the origin, but that's what they're called where I grew up.

Never heard of the term for a dirty cop, though.

I'd assume it's because they peel off their clothes.

Peeler is a British slang term for police, because their current police system was founded by Robert Peel.

Yer mayer speakin'

Proves that Ford understands everything at a superficial level. Until the Fords are turfed and their style of policy are relegated to the sidelines, these "us vs them" things will keep on happening.
Ford says the next municipal election will be fought again on subways. He wants to connect McCowan to Don Mills.
Ford says he also wants to look at a downtown relief line, but... "To be fair, the downtown people have enough subways already."
https://mobile.twitter.com/CP24/status/388710039172575232?screen_name=CP24

Last edited:
That's the silliest damn thing. The downtown relief line is for people who work downtown, not live downtown. I live at Weston and Lawrence and take public transit into work everyday - it's obvious to me that the biggest thing needed is a downtown relief line.

The issue is that most people won't bother looking at the line's layout, but they'll form a perception from whatever message dominates. Ford (or Kouvalis...Ford has no clue) is very good at shaping these messages with populist catch phrases.

Yer mayer speakin'

Proves that Ford understands everything at a superficial level. Until the Fords are turfed and their style of policy are relegated to the sidelines, these "us vs them" things will keep on happening.

People are absolutely losing their minds over that comment. I think Ford just created a monster bigger than Ford Nation. Ford got 29% of the vote downtown. I can see that being in the low single digits in 2014 if he makes it to that election and gawd I really really want him to be in that election. I can't wait to see that idiot's face when he's trounced. Will he even give a concession speech? You can bet that he's running to his room away from the public eye or he's going out with a F%CK EVERYBODY YOU JUST MADE THE WORSE MISTAKE OF YOUR LIFE GUARANTEED sort of "speech".

Yer mayer speakin'

What's with this obsession with downtown having too many subways? Look at North York. They have more than subways than any other former borough. And they have two more planned! Why don't we go after those damn North York elitists. I pay taxes too and I don't want my money going to build any more subways for those entitled latte sipping elitists in North York.

Of course I'm being facetious :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back