News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strange times in Toronto when you have to ask what constitutes an illegal act on behalf of the mayor. We have fallen so far...

So CowboyLogic, by your own logic, how do you excuse Ford's behaviour at Taste of the Danforth? The man was a slurring, incoherent mess. That wasn't on his own time. He was attending a public function. Whatever he was was on was definitely impacting his duties and responsibilities. His "people" didn't know where he was and scrambled to find him and get the situation under control.

I don't excuse that behavior, although I didn't particularly care personally, as he was just attending the festival and meeting with festival goers. That's not exactly what I meant by "duties and responsibilities", but that being said...it was extremely poor judgement.

I also said from the start that if he did drink and drive, he should be charged for that. I have no tolerance for driving under the influence.

Really ? Steve Paikin is nothing but a Liberal party shill - a complete fraud! The worst part about that is WE are paying his lavish six-figure salary!

The ONLY Canadian TV Journalist with pit-bull instincts is Ezra Levant. Watch this brilliant episode where Levant confronts the hypocrite and fraud - David Suzuki!

http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/video/2735775008001

Fuck Ezra Levant. Anal warts are more likable.

I think you will care about this a lot more if what I've heard is true.

To be a bit clearer, I don't have a problem with politicians paying for stress relief either. Some moral laws are silly and have no place in a modern, free society. Others do.

What have you heard on this?

Odd, but ever so revealing moment (re: the childish, bullying ways of Rob Ford) in Toronto City Council today. Paul Ainslie quit the Parks & Rec Committee and the Executive Committee. Later in the day he rose in council (I believe it was on a point of order) and stated that his resignation is being presented by the Mayor as a dismissal. Naturally Ainslie wanted it corrected. Robo-Flop being his usual unprofessional, juvenile self, pretended he was wiping tears from his eyes. In any corporate environment behaviour like this would not be tolerated. He has about as much respect for city hall and it's councilors as he would for a portable toilet Shameful display by a Mayor in name only.

Last edited:
Robyn Doolittle said a few weeks ago that there are many, many rumours out there about Ford and most of them are untrue. Just putting that out there.

Last edited:
I think you will care about this a lot more if what I've heard is true.

To be a bit clearer, I don't have a problem with politicians paying for stress relief either. Some moral laws are silly and have no place in a modern, free society. Others do.

So reading between the lines the allegation is Ford is involved in sex crimes but they are not of the variety that many people (myself included) believe should not be illegal - such as paying a prostitute for sex - but rather are of the variety that most would agree should be illegal, e.g. sex with a minor. Am I getting close:confused:

So reading between the lines the allegation is Ford is involved in sex crimes but they are not of the variety that many people (myself included) believe should not be illegal - such as paying a prostitute for sex - but rather are of the variety that most would agree should be illegal, e.g. sex with a minor. Am I getting close:confused:
Sex with a minor? Getting back to the "foursquare ginger" clue, four squared = 16, ginger = redhead. Is that what we're talking about?

Robyn Doolittle said a few weeks ago that there are many, many rumours out there about Ford and most of them are untrue. Just putting that out there.

Rob Ford is a horrible, horrible person and an even worse representative of the city, but going off speculating about him having sex with minors is really off-base. Whatever we will one day learn about his activities during his time as mayor will probably be bad enough without wild embellishment.

I don't excuse that behavior, although I didn't particularly care personally, as he was just attending the festival and meeting with festival goers. That's not exactly what I meant by "duties and responsibilities", but that being said...it was extremely poor judgement.

I also said from the start that if he did drink and drive, he should be charged for that. I have no tolerance for driving under the influence.
You do know that part of the mayor's job -- his duties and responsibilities -- is to attend festivals, right? (well, except for Pride apparently). So HE WAS ON THE JOB. It doesn't matter that he wasn't sitting in his office. He was at a public event, publicly representing the City of Toronto. It was totally inappropriate, and you should care. If it was a one off, ok, but there is a repeated pattern of this type of behaviour that is completely unacceptable by a public official.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back