News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
From Twitter:

Ray Heard ‏@RayHeard
@nspector4 @davidakin @lorriegoldstein You Heard it here first. Rob Ford will be detained for questioning within days. Cops divided

Ray Heard ‏@RayHeard
@IsotelusRex @nspector4 As I said, cops divided. So much so, they are sharing stuff with reporters

You think they're also making deliveries??

Wow, I knwo this is only speculation, but that would be incredible if that were true: the Fords providing the contracts to 'distribution networks' of guns, drugs, and various other sundried goods, under the guise of garbage removal.

People are absolutely losing their minds over that comment. I think Ford just created a monster bigger than Ford Nation. Ford got 29% of the vote downtown. I can see that being in the low single digits in 2014 if he makes it to that election and gawd I really really want him to be in that election. I can't wait to see that idiot's face when he's trounced. Will he even give a concession speech? You can bet that he's running to his room away from the public eye or he's going out with a F%CK EVERYBODY YOU JUST MADE THE WORSE MISTAKE OF YOUR LIFE GUARANTEED sort of "speech".

I agree. All the talk about he'll be a juggernaut in 2014 because there are enough people in the city who cut him slack for being a "regular guy" doesn't mesh with the numbers. For starters, he won in 2010 against a weak field, and moderated his message to win enough downtown support to post his victory. As an incumbent mayor, he's very unpopular with people not in his passionate, but definitely not-the-majority base. With today's announcement, he's essentially going to have to win every Scarborough and Etobicoke vote, which will be hard to do, unless his opponent(s) make their campaigns completely about downtown priorities.

Every statement about the 2014 election must be prefaced by a huge caveat about Project Brazen 2. That said, I have long wondered how Ford would react if he were to run and lose. I suspect it wouldn't be pretty and I wouldn't rule out the possibility of him litigating the result.

From Twitter:

Ray Heard ‏@RayHeard
@nspector4 @davidakin @lorriegoldstein You Heard it here first. Rob Ford will be detained for questioning within days. Cops divided

Ray Heard ‏@RayHeard
@IsotelusRex @nspector4 As I said, cops divided. So much so, they are sharing stuff with reporters
vwMin.jpg

Attachments

• vwMin.jpg
    vwMin.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 415
Last edited:
I agree. All the talk about he'll be a juggernaut in 2014 because there are enough people in the city who cut him slack for being a "regular guy" doesn't mesh with the numbers. For starters, he won in 2010 against a weak field, and moderated his message to win enough downtown support to post his victory. As an incumbent mayor, he's very unpopular with people not in his passionate, but definitely not-the-majority base. With today's announcement, he's essentially going to have to win every Scarborough and Etobicoke vote, which will be hard to do, unless his opponent(s) make their campaigns completely about downtown priorities.

A lot of people that voted for the "Gravy Train" clued in fairly quickly that Rob wasn't quite what they expected or wanted. The slate of candidates was not very inspiring, and I admit to "holding my nose" and voting for Smitherman. Hopefully, with Soknacki and Chow in the race, the choices will be much better than in 2010. Soknacki has been wooing the right leaning Scarborough vote, and I think he will look fabulous after the CIRCUS of the current administration. Confession time. :rolleyes: I live in Scarborough, and I think the LRT was the right choice for the economic and density reasons quoted by the experts. Soknacki also backed the LRT, and will probably grab a lot of downtown voters as a result.

What is Fords motivation to be Mayor?
He represents a definite point of view, he believes he's right, and apparently there's a clown chorus of people throughout the Tim Horton's and Kentucky Fried Chickens of Etobicoke who keep saying to him, "Rob, you're doing a great job, keep up the good work".

From Twitter:

Ray Heard ‏@RayHeard

Ray Heard ‏@RayHeard

Do the police care about political optics? I wonder if they are waiting post-Thanksgiving to make a move.

From Twitter:

Ray Heard ‏@RayHeard

Ray Heard ‏@RayHeard

Scariest part of these tweets is the stuff about cops divided. Given the activities Ford has been linked to, the notion that there might be a faction in our police force who want to actively protect him from the justice system and the public is shameful. It points to certain police willing to obstruct justice for political purposes. It certainly gives credence to Enzo DiMatteo's NOW article yesterday which I was initially skeptical about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back