8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's pretty anti-democratic.

It's not anti-democratic if the accused is removed due to the violation of the law. That's the system regulating itself, preventing itself from being overrun and corrupted. But I know how you came to this conclusion- Ford is completely infallible to you.

https://twitter.com/thekeenanwire/status/388844503852777473

This twitter feed is pretty amazing. Ed Keenan asked Nick Kouvalis flat out if he was responsible for those dirty robocalls tonight. Kouvalis is distancing himself hardcore!

Interesting. That piece of the puzzle fits right into what I was discussing about campaign donors I mentioned a few posts back. If what I'm seeing is right, Kouvalis is going to run John Tory's campaign. "Hey Rob, nothing personal -- Nick" :rolleyes:

Recent lurker here and my first post. Reading this thread is maddening. Not because I am a Ford fan, but because I have not despised a politician this much since Mike Harris. I keep thinking, with every scandal he is in, that this time maybe, just maybe, he will have to face consequences for his actions, and every single time I am let down. He threatens other councillors, he is rude, mean and quite clearly disinterested in doing his job. He openly despises a huge portion of the people that make up this city. He is allowed, without any type of repercussions, to blatantly lie on a radio show which is only favourable to him (no other calls allowed). The youtube video of him being owned by Josh Matlow on the LRT is infuriating! Is it not the job of the speaker to ensure that truth is told here? I don't understand why Josh Matlow had to 'clam down' when a debate of such importance is clearly way beyond Rob Ford who obviously had no idea what he was talking about.

Lastly, you would have to be a complete and total fool to think Ford is a decent mayor.

I hope, really really hope, that this time he will be held accountable. I have to say thanks to the majority of posters here. I again have some faith in the voting public.

The fact is Rob Ford was elected by the majority will of the people. UT being a leftist echo chamber, the majority here isn't representative of the majority out there in the real Toronto where real families are struggling to make ends meet.

Rob Ford's list of accomplishments is longer than any mayor in North America. In the latest episode he's finally cut through the red tape and got the shovels in the ground for Scarborough without costing the taxpayer one red cent.

I get that the tax and spend artsy elitist crowd won't necessarily like his policies but that doesn't give them the right to attack Rob Ford by spreading lies and half truths. If you have a problem with him, do it at the ballot box, not by plotting to usurp our democracy in the shadows of 23 division.

The fact that Rob Ford is still a free man speaks volumes about his critics. The fact that Rob Ford's approval rating is still skyrocketing despite the naysayers speaks even louder. If anyone thinks he's dodging anybody his door is open at any time. Rob Ford has nothing to hide. Stop acting like schoolyard bullies and let him get on with his work.

Last edited:
Well, remember that other possibility besides jail (and confirmed by the way he's been increasingly appearing): death.

And actually, what I can see is Doug (and Randy?) sentenced to some kind of Kwame Kilpatrick-type term, and Rob dying before he sees trial. But whatever the case, when it comes to the Fords: whenever they fall, the tales will be mind-boggling, a la anyone from Hitler to Ceausescu...

Oh, and back to the allusions to...pedophilia?...well, that'd be a *really* left-field accusation. About the closest thing to "child abuse" I can picture is if any of those police visits to his household involved his kids.

And, come to think of it, who knows what happened within the Ford household back in the 70s/80s day: the boys playing doctor a la Penthouse Forum with Kathy, whatever...
It may not necessarily be with his family.
Predators usually like to be in environments where they are around kids. How long has Ford been coaching football?
As well, through his connections in the seedier stripping establishments, he might have access to young people that way.

The fact is Rob Ford was elected by the majority will of the people. UT being a leftist echo chamber, the majority here isn't representative of the majority out there in the real Toronto where real families are struggling to make ends meet.

Rob Ford's list of accomplishments is longer than any mayor in North America. In the latest episode he's finally cut through the red tape and got the shovels in the ground for Scarborough without costing the taxpayer one red cent.

I get that the tax and spend artsy elitist crowd won't necessarily like his policies but that doesn't give them the right to attack Rob Ford by spreading lies and half truths. If you have a problem with him, do it at the ballot box, not by plotting to usurp our democracy in the shadows of 23 division.

The fact that Rob Ford is still a free man speaks volumes about his critics. The fact that Rob Ford's approval rating is still skyrocketing despite the naysayers speaks even louder. If anyone thinks he's dodging anybody his door is open at any time. Rob Ford has nothing to hide. Let him get on with his work and stop acting like schoolyard bullies.

in what way is a spoiled, immature, cross-addicted rich kid with impulse control problems representative of the "majority out there in the real Toronto where real families are struggling to make ends meet."?

you do get the fact that Rob Ford is independently wealthy, don't you? you do understand that he has spent his whole life living in the lap of luxury, and has NEVER ONCE had to worry about money? you get this right? he's rich, and not because he worked for it--it was handed to him on a platter.

his "average guy" "working for the folks" BS is just a transparently dishonest ruse, a ridiculous schtick that only the most clueless and gullible citizens of the city still believe in.

The fact that Rob Ford is still a free man speaks volumes about his critics. The fact that Rob Ford's approval rating is still skyrocketing despite the naysayers speaks even louder. If anyone thinks he's dodging anybody his door is open at any time. Rob Ford has nothing to hide. Stop acting like schoolyard bullies and let him get on with his work.

Really? After all the asides to explain why Rob Ford is not in fact a secretly brilliant mayor, we get this? Really? This is why no news, no arrests, no incompetence will dislodge him.

Why are people arguing with Forgotten? Surely you realize by now that his posts are deliberately meant to be an over the top caricature of Ford Nation? I'm almost positive that he's not being serious.

You are either the biggest idiot ever, or the best gimmick/troll ever.

Or David Price.

Theory: on some level Rob must know his days are numbered, so he's scrambling to collect legacy trophies. He's been working up to this Scarborough business since shortly after the first allegations came out. Now he thinks (or maybe just hopes) to get a few more subway routes locked in before he's out.

All of his longer-term ambitions - cutting council in half, slashing the budget like a madman - are no longer in the picture. He's grabbing what low-hanging fruit he can before the hammer falls.

Theory: on some level Rob must know his days are numbered, so he's scrambling to collect legacy trophies. He's been working up to this Scarborough business since shortly after the first allegations came out. Now he thinks (or maybe just hopes) to get a few more subway routes locked in before he's out.

All of his longer-term ambitions - cutting council in half, slashing the budget like a madman - are no longer in the picture. He's grabbing what low-hanging fruit he can before the hammer falls.

My theory after reading about his stance on subways for downtown, is more like "Let's see how much damage I can do before they get me out of here".

Why are people arguing with Forgotten? Surely you realize by now that his posts are deliberately meant to be an over the top caricature of Ford Nation? I'm almost positive that he's not being serious.

Whenever I read a Forgotten post, by blood starts boiling. And then I glance at the username and chuckle when I realize I've had a Forgotten moment.

Tip: 1. Don't argue with Forgotten. He never responds
Tip 2: Forgotten is being sarcastic. He's a caricature of the Ford supporter.

It was rather amusing to watch the mayor try to leave the council chambers today while the vote to bring the session to an end was still going on. Nunziata was giving him shit for it in front of everyone. "Mayor Ford please sit down, we're not finished". He looked rather annoyed by her. It was great. He just couldn't wait to get the hell outta there!

What is Fords motivation to be Mayor?

It's the tie, chicks love the tie... err... SUBWAYS SUBWAYS SUBWAYS!!!

It may not necessarily be with his family.
Predators usually like to be in environments where they are around kids. How long has Ford been coaching football?
As well, through his connections in the seedier stripping establishments, he might have access to young people that way.

And... it's easier to hook someone on drugs if you have the stress of puberty, and the emergence of a distinct personality.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back