News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, who wants to join my UT Special Ops unit? Mission: To covertly infiltrate Chief Blair's office. I'll be in charge of renting a helicopter which I will land on the roof of TPS headquarters. I figure one of us could volunteer to rappel down and into the window of his office. You'll be equipped with the proper tools to discreetly and quietly penetrate the safe and take possession of the phone. It's almost too easy.

What is this, a mission in GTA?!

Oh... yeah, I guess it is.

God speed, dforthandbview!

The story doesn't make any sense. If it's a cover up then Blair would want the phone at the bottom of Lake Ontario, or at least in a shredder bag. No way he would compromise plausible deniability by handling itt. If the tape is going to be used as evidence, then it will be booked as such. Don't see any reasonable explanation for it ending up in his office safe.

I don't think the police have demonstrated that they are handling the Ford's in any reasonable manner. For example, giving him a pass on the distracted driving and gently encouraging him via the press to get a driver or when they sent out ten uniforms or however many it was to surround him when he was drunk on the Danforth. It seems unlikely to me that anyone is following any rule-book regarding this once-in-a-lifetime gong show.

The story doesn't make any sense. If it's a cover up then Blair would want the phone at the bottom of Lake Ontario, or at least in a shredder bag. No way he would compromise plausible deniability by handling itt. If the tape is going to be used as evidence, then it will be booked as such. Don't see any reasonable explanation for it ending up in his office safe.

Unless of course Blair wanted it to maintain sway over the Fords and keep them in check. Maybe like, if Ford fucks around with drug dealers again Ill make the tape mysteriously surface.

The other thing this doesn't jibe with is the fact that many defense lawyers have reportedly seen the video in relation to Project Traveler. So either they're full of shit, or our friendly throwaway is.

I don't think the police have demonstrated that they are handling the Ford's in any reasonable manner. For example, giving him a pass on the distracted driving and gently encouraging him via the press to get a driver or when they sent out ten uniforms or however many it was to surround him when he was drunk on the Danforth. It seems unlikely to me that anyone is following any rule-book regarding this once-in-a-lifetime gong show.

If anything, this demonstrates how responsible Bill Blair is being.

Think about it: If you suspect that anyone on your force is friendly with the Fords (and we know that some are), then there's a chance that enough strings could be pulled within the force that the phone goes missing from the evidence room. By Bill Blair keeping it in a safe, there's next to no chance that it can go missing. It's not within anyone's reach.

So, who wants to join my UT Special Ops unit? Mission: To covertly infiltrate Chief Blair's office. I'll be in charge of renting a helicopter which I will land on the roof of TPS headquarters. I figure one of us could volunteer to rappel down and into the window of his office. You'll be equipped with the proper tools to discreetly and quietly penetrate the safe and take possession of the phone. It's almost too easy.

I've been watching episodes of Archer on Netflix, so I think I'm good to go.

Last edited:

Perhaps he is using it as a bargaining chip for when it is time for contract negotiations?

I know the age old question of who polices the police, but perhaps it really is time to get the OPP. RCMP, CSIS, etc involved in this investigation.

If anything, this demonstrates how responsible Bill Blair is being.

Think about it: If you suspect that anyone on your force is friendly with the Fords (and we know that some are), then there's a chance that enough strings could be pulled within the force that the phone goes missing from the evidence room. By Bill Blair keeping it in a safe, there's next to no chance that it can go missing. It's not within anyone's reach.

I agree with you.

Unless of course Blair wanted it to maintain sway over the Fords and keep them in check. Maybe like, if Ford fucks around with drug dealers again Ill make the tape mysteriously surface.

The other thing this doesn't jibe with is the fact that many defense lawyers have reportedly seen the video in relation to Project Traveler. So either they're full of shit, or our friendly throwaway is.

I agree that something doesn't quite fit. If Blair is abetting a cover up by holding the video, why then order some of his top investigators to look at the Mayor and his associates after the raids? Why allocate to Project Brazen 2 costly resources like a surveillance plane if you are already actively covering up for the Mayor? If the video were all over the TPS, wouldn't this rumour have made its way to other journalists with contacts in the TPS?

Perhaps the video is in Blair's possession, but given the police have reportedly looked more closely at the Mayor's activities after Project Traveller, I wonder if the end game is not necessarily to see it disappear.

Why would Blair want to cover for Ford? We already know the guy has zero political power and isn't getting reelected. If I were Blair I'd have zero reservations about throwing Ford under the bus, err... gravy train.

Last edited:
ummm... why is no one talking about the 'Doug Ford directed the police to the specific unit' part of that post? I'd need some clarification on what that means - does 'directed' mean Doug Ford told the police where the phone was (why the hell would he do that?), or does it mean that they overheard Doug talking about where it was over wiretaps and that 'directed' them to the unit? The only reason I can think of that Doug Ford would tell the police where the phone was would be if he expected that they would retrieve it and destroy it.

I'm not buying this story.

I definitely agree that in regards to "low level" stuff, the TPS have stepped up to protect him. But, I'm hopeful that with the more serious allegations, there's a different attitude towards consequences.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back