News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
ummm... why is no one talking about the 'Doug Ford directed the police to the specific unit' part of that post? I'd need some clarification on what that means - does 'directed' mean Doug Ford told the police where the phone was (why the hell would he do that?), or does it mean that they overheard Doug talking about where it was over wiretaps and that 'directed' them to the unit? The only reason I can think of that Doug Ford would tell the police where the phone was would be if he expected that they would retrieve it and destroy it.

I'm not buying this story.

The part I can absolutely buy is Doug Ford thinking he and his brother are above the law, and that the police are just there to do their bidding.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2013/10/15/rob-ford-robocalls_n_4102558.html

"The mayor said that it was his brother who came up with the idea of sending out the robocall."

Remember "Cut The Waist" challenge? That was a good event that Dougie came up with that Robbie failed. Dougie is a bully, and will go as far as to embarrass his brother for fun, not unlike kids might do to prove their superiority. It's amazing how insecurities can shape the adolescent mind.

The part I can absolutely buy is Doug Ford thinking he and his brother are above the law, and that the police are just there to do their bidding.

As my wife would put it... "Born with a silver spoons up their asses."

When you have daddies friends, and money to cushion your life it's easy to be spoiled brats.

Last edited:
Warren Kinsella's blog today:

TORONTO NEEDS A MAYOR: FORD NATION GETS ASS KICKED (UPDATED)
October 16th, 2013, 5:46 am

Media probes of Ford crack-smoking were ethical and responsible, says press tribunal. But you already knew that.

UPDATE: I’m never a fan of her approach – here, the “I-oppose-the-Press-Council-but-let-me-quote-the-Press-Council-to-you-because-they-did-something-I-like” – but the Star’s crown coddled columnist wrote something about all this that I found quite useful:

“Mayor Ford has no shortage of acolytes, ardent supporters who not only want to cover their own eyes to serious allegations but everyone else’s too. Deaf, dumb and blind on Ford is what they’d prefer — a mayor who counts druggies and bullies as close friends; was photographed outside a home described by neighbours as a crack house, in the arm-around company of three men, one of whom was subsequently shot dead, two who were arrested in the massive Project Traveller drugs and guns raids; told his inner circle, according to Star sources, that he knew where the video — the video he says doesn’t exist — might be found; has been caught appearing three-sheets-to-the-wind in public; and has been under surveillance by a police plane.”

That paragraph is a neat and tidy summary of the disgrace that is la famille Ford. If I get involved in the next mayoralty – and that’s only if my hoped-for candidate runs – I will do my utmost to ensure that every single voting Torontonian knows the above paragraph like the back of their proverbial hand. I want the hulking, shambling mass that is Rob Ford to slouch back to the rock under which he lives in Etobicoke every night, and cry like a baby in front of his thug-brother. I want him humiliated, because that’s what he’s done to this city."

Sums up my feelings quite nicely.

Here's the only thing I think is giving [Blair] pause: how much do the papers know and how much are they willing to print?

If he sits on something and it gets out, could cause many problems. That's why he's torn.

Over the past couple of days have slowly come to what I believe to be a sad truth: the Fords are not getting charged with anything barring murder because Blair wants to avoid the additional international embarrassment it would cause.

I have a feeling that you might be right on all points.

You guys need to get out of the echo chamber you've created for yourselves.

Last edited:
https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/390510073782345728/photo/1

Super glad Scarborough is getting a subway extension, with all those planned new residential units...

BWte18uCcAA1syB.jpg

Scarborough residents have been paying for transit in other parts of the city for YEARS…it’s our turn now to get back some of those transit dollars. Have you not stopped and thought about the fact that with the new subway will come more residential development?! This is exactly why Ford will win re-election, he actually cares abt parts of the city that past mayors have forgotten about and lefty downtown councilors have fought against. Thank you Rob Ford!

Scarborough residents have been paying for transit in other parts of the city for YEARS…it’s our turn now to get back some of those transit dollars. Have you not stopped and thought about the fact that with the new subway will come more residential development?! This is exactly why Ford will win re-election, he actually cares abt parts of the city that past mayors have forgotten about and lefty downtown councilors have fought against. Thank you Rob Ford!

When will North Bay get its subway, then?

Have you not stopped and thought about the fact that with the new subway will come more residential development?

Doesn't the "new" subway replace the SRT?
What does Scarborough gain? Who paid for the SRT?

There is little correlation between building a subway, and attracting the developments post construction to justify the subway's construction. The Sheppard stubway is a good example of how development was not spurred by the new line, and today, fewer riders use it per day than the King, Queen, or Spadina streetcar lines. It costs the TTC (thus taxpayers) 8 dollars per rider in subsidy to run the Sheppard subway. Not a fiscally responsible way to build transit.

To your point about Scarborough not getting its due, Mayor Miller's Transit City sought to redress years of Scarborough being left behind in transit planning by delivering the Eglinton LRT, Sheppard LRT, and Scarborough Town LRT. We must remember that the main funding for today's Scarborough subway was procured due to the previous administration's efforts, and the fact Scarborough is getting 3 major transit projects in the near future is not really due to any efforts by Ford. If you are indeed from Malvern, your praise of the Mayor should also be tempered by the fact that your area of the city would have received higher order transit if Transit City had not been gutted by Ford. As it stands today, folks in Malvern will still have to slog it to STC in order to access any higher order transit.

Last edited:
I also pay for your extensive bus system malvern2. Also, if you follow MPAC valuation trends, as a resident of the Old City of Toronto I am paying a greater share not only of your transit but all city services.

I happen to think this is fair because the inner suburbs are really struggling but don't complain about who is paying for what. Ford's bastions are the very parts of the city paying less and less of the City's tax burden with each passing year.

P.S. I support subway over lrt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back