News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
My roommate suggested social phobia on the weekend then a light bulb went off in my head and I suddenly felt some sympathy for him over this possibility. About ten seconds later it dawned on me that he chose not to stand in front of a few dozen people at a flag raising ceremony & read the Official Proclamation, so I got pissed at him again.

I don't know about numbers, but it was definitely busier this year (Sat/Sun) than in any past year. No question.

I said it earlier but I really think Ford isn't comfortable doing public events at all and he's best suited to staying in a office somewhere crunching numbers.

When has Ford ever demonstrated any kind of aptitude for 'crunching numbers'? He stood during the election as a ten-year veteran of city council -- someone who has easy access to all the city's books -- and told his supporters that he could, without cutting services, immediately produce a $23-million surplus, purely through efficiencies and gravy-cutting.

His fiscal policies have instead pushed us from bad to worse, as his administration now frantically looks for expendable programs they can cut in advance of a looming $700-million shortfall.

You're full of it nfitz.
I don't see the need for a vicious personal attack. Is this how you demonstrate you've lost a debate?

You're a raging hypocrite.
I don't see the need for a vicious personal attack. Is this how you demonstrate you've lost a debate?

Most of you posts revolve around Ford or bigotry.
Uh ... this thread is about Rob Ford. Why WOULDN'T every post in this thread revolve about Ford? Given how prejudiced he has been recently, it's not surprising that his prejudice comes up a lot. I see a familiar them in our our local papers in the last couple of days.

I've posted in other threads ... I can't even recall one even mentioning Ford recently - and certainly not one that mentioned that he is prejudiced about gays.

And I don't recall reading you applying the same intensity to Smitherman when he was running.
Why are you saying this? I was pretty rough on Smitherman. As soon as Smitherman declared, I posted questioning his fitness to lead and lack of education. As the campaign heated up, I called Smitherman an idiot. I also said that voting for Smitherman because he is gay is despicable.

A openly gay man commits the same abuses while in office that you rant against and gets a free pass.
What same abuses? The primary failing of Rob Ford is that he is prejudiced against gays - one of the most vile and disgusting character flaws in the history of Canadian politics. I know of no such prejudice by Smitherman. And what free pass? I clearly said that Smitherman is only somewhat better than Ford over a year ago!!! (though that was before it became clear just how prejudiced Rob Ford was).

Of course though he might not be much better ... he's nowhere near the level of gross incompetence that Rob Ford is ... but I never supported him, until perhaps the very end of the campaign, where it was clear that it was a 2-horse race and he was a better choice than a lying homophobic alcoholic like Rob Ford.

Perhaps I was rougher on Ford than Smitherman. However Rob Ford is very prejudiced, and none of Smitherman's flaws come close to that.

Why would you make up such stories? What is your motive? What is wrong with you?

This desire of yours to defend such a flawed and prejudiced lying alcoholic is troubling.

Your personal attacks when someone doesn't agree with your position is not acceptable. And completely inventing a fiction where I didn't criticize Smitherman because he is gay is ... well it's just plain bizarre, and certainly demonstrates your own prejudices!

Go away until you can apologise! Your lies are a complete disgrace - and easily confirmed by reading through the various election threads.

Last edited:
Man I feel for Toronto,

I really think Ford belongs in Calgary and you guys should have Nenshi.

Ford is an idiot for alienating GLBT community. The guy will not survive to a second term. I just hope he doesn't eff the city before 2014.

Uh ... this thread is about Rob Ford. Why WOULDN'T every post in this thread revolve about Ford? Given how prejudiced he has been recently, it's not surprising that his prejudice comes up a lot. I see a familiar them in our our local papers in the last couple of days.

I've posted in other threads ... I can't even recall one even mentioning Ford recently - and certainly not one that mentioned that he is prejudiced about gays.

Why are you saying this? I was pretty rough on Smitherman. As soon as Smitherman declared, I posted questioning his fitness to lead and lack of education. As the campaign heated up, I called Smitherman an idiot. I also said that voting for Smitherman because he is gay is despicable.

What same abuses? The primary failing of Rob Ford is that he is prejudiced against gays - one of the most vile and disgusting character flaws in the history of Canadian politics. I know of no such prejudice by Smitherman. And what free pass? I clearly said that Smitherman is only somewhat better than Ford over a year ago!!! (though that was before it became clear just how prejudiced Rob Ford was).

Of course though he might not be much better ... he's nowhere near the level of gross incompetence that Rob Ford is ... but I never supported him, until perhaps the very end of the campaign, where it was clear that it was a 2-horse race and he was a better choice than a lying homophobic alcoholic like Rob Ford.

Perhaps I was rougher on Ford than Smitherman. However Rob Ford is very prejudiced, and none of Smitherman's flaws come close to that.

Why would you make up such stories? What is your motive? What is wrong with you?

This desire of yours to defend such a flawed and prejudiced lying alcoholic is troubling.

Your personal attacks when someone doesn't agree with your position is not acceptable. And completely inventing a fiction where I didn't criticize Smitherman because he is gay is ... well it's just plain bizarre, and certainly demonstrates your own prejudices!

Go away until you can apologise! Your lies are a complete disgrace - and easily confirmed by reading through the various election threads.

Man, there is something seriously off with you nfitz. It was just a matter of time before you accused me being prejudiced too.

You keep insisting in your endless posts that Ford is a bigot and hates gays but fail to deliver the smoking gun in evidence and when others like myself actually call you out on your relentless crusade to smear Ford for reasons only you know, you play the victim card, rewrite history and then finally accuse others of having some strange, baffling agenda against you.

There's nothing mysterious about my motives, nfitz. I'm calling you out on your bullshit. You're a zealot that smears others for imaginary discriminations and infractions.

Last edited:
Mammoliti is really on a crusade over QuAIA, it seems to me it's getting very personal, and dangerous. Adam Vaughan was funny, he called out Mammoliti's recording of the Dyke March "creepy". That said, if he's successful in leading the charge to withhold funding from Pride Toronto (which I doubt he will succeed) he's waded into deep sh*t as it will affect the funding of every other arts and cultural festival in the City. He's getting in way over his head and this is really beginning to turn into a political hot potato for the Ford admin. as this whole thing escalates.

It was a no-show for Rob tonight in the media (surprise). Brother Doug came to the rescue as usual, "maybe next year he stated" re: Pride before he went on an attack against the Toronto Star who apparently had a reporter up at Ford's cottage asking questions, which I can't say I blame him for being pissed about.

Man, there is something seriously off with you nfitz. It was just a matter of time before you accused me being prejudiced too.

You keep insisting in your endless posts that Ford is a bigot and hates gays but fail to deliver the smoking gun in evidence and when others like myself actually call you out on your relentless crusade to smear Ford for reasons only you know, you play the victim card, rewrite history and then finally accuse others of having some strange, baffling agenda against you.

There's nothing mysterious about my motives, nfitz. I'm calling you out on your bullshit. You're a zealot that smears others for imaginary discriminations and infractions.
Yeah, I thought so. After your attack on me that I didn't go after Smitherman because he was gay ... when the evidence showed I consistently criticized Smitherman ... then all you have left is name calling.

I think we are done here ... go back and climb into your hole - perhaps you need get get a Fresh Start.

... he went on an attack against the Toronto Star who apparently had a reporter up at Ford's cottage asking questions, which I can't say I blame him for being pissed about.
Rob Ford made a huge fuss about going up to the cottage and made going to the cottage into a story. Surely it would be wrong for the media NOT to follow the story - and at least verify that he is actually there ... rather than locked in his basement in Etobicoke watching a Torchwood marathon.

The Star hasn't reported anything ... presumably there was nothing newsworthy.

Yeah, I thought so. After your attack on me that I didn't go after Smitherman because he was gay ... when the evidence showed I consistently criticized Smitherman ... then all you have left is name calling.

I think we are done here ... go back and climb into your hole - perhaps you need get get a Fresh Start.

Amusing. You can dish it out nfitz but can't take it. Confronted on your history of name calling and smearing others, you act wounded.

You never went after Smitherman with the same venom you did as Ford nfitz. Never. Not once. You've called Ford many names, vile and evil come to mind and you've demanded that Ford resign because you personally don't like him. I said it earlier but you don't respect the rights of others to having different opinions/views if it conflicts with your model of society.

And you never did provide any evidence of Ford hating and acting against gays. I'm still waiting.

Last edited:
Man I feel for Toronto,

I really think Ford belongs in Calgary and you guys should have Nenshi.

Ford is an idiot for alienating GLBT community. The guy will not survive to a second term. I just hope he doesn't eff the city before 2014.

even Calgary doesn't deserve RF.

i was very surprised that Calgary elected Nenshi though ...
what were the reasons given for his win? has it become more socially progressive there? etc?

Rob Ford made a huge fuss about going up to the cottage and made going to the cottage into a story. Surely it would be wrong for the media NOT to follow the story - and at least verify that he is actually there ... rather than locked in his basement in Etobicoke watching a Torchwood marathon.

RF wouldn't watch Torchwood ...
it has a gay character who actually kisses other men on the program, and is played by an openly gay actor ... oh the horrors.

And you never did provide any evidence of Ford hating and acting against gays. I'm still waiting.

unless you've been living in a cave for the past 5 years or have selective memory:

* Ford's argument against a $1.5 million AIDS prevention strategy - Ford told council in 2006. “It is very preventable, If you are not doing needles and you are not gay, you wouldn’t get AIDS probably, that’s the bottom line.” - implication, it's only a gay disease, so why fund it.

* He also said he didn’t understand why more women were becoming AIDS patients, adding: “Maybe they’re sleeping with bisexual men.” (In that year, more than 27 per cent of Torontonians diagnosed with HIV were women. Nearly half of HIV-positive women in the city are from countries where it is endemic, and heterosexual sex is a primary means of transmission.)

You never went after Smitherman with the same venom you did as Ford nfitz.
Why would I? Smitherman isn't a convicted criminal. Smitherman never lied about his criminal record. Smitherman hasn't got a 3-decade long history of alcohol abuse and then trying to cover it up. Smitherman hasn't shown prejudice against any racial, ethnic, or sexual groups.

Smitherman is twice the man that Ford will ever be! I still don't think Smitherman would be a great mayor though.

What? Are you kidding? Your just trolling, right? I've posted evidence so many times it could be considered harassment?

unless you've been living in a cave for the past 5 years or have selective memory:

* Ford's argument against a $1.5 million AIDS prevention strategy - Ford told council in 2006. “It is very preventable, If you are not doing needles and you are not gay, you wouldn’t get AIDS probably, that’s the bottom line.” - implication, it's only a gay disease, so why fund it.

* He also said he didn’t understand why more women were becoming AIDS patients, adding: “Maybe they’re sleeping with bisexual men.” (In that year, more than 27 per cent of Torontonians diagnosed with HIV were women. Nearly half of HIV-positive women in the city are from countries where it is endemic, and heterosexual sex is a primary means of transmission.)

This only shows that he's either ignorant or something of a idiot. Lots of people make uninformed and ignorant comments all the time in everyday life. This doesn't prove he hates gays. Only that he has a foot in the mouth disease. Ford has made dumb comments on a wide range of topics. So it's just not confined to gays. He makes verbal blunders all the time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back