8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
mf1N9Od.jpg

I wouldn't say that he is "avoiding" charges, but rather that he has not yet been charged

Blair's exact quote was, "Where we have evidence of criminal behaviour . . . we've laid those charges."

Past tense.

And now he's saying that there isn't evidence that would allow the Toronto Police to lay charges against the Mayor.

Seems like he's going to skate free.

My theory is that Lisi was the go-between, but he's the guy they've got on tape saying "If you want the video to go away, it'll be three hundred grand."

I bet you're right. As I mentioned awhile ago, I would be shocked if the video dealers went straight to the press. They would have tried to extort Ford first. Lisi probably got caught in the middle of it.

Blair just said the Mayor has not been interviewed, yet he is confident the police have done their job. Seems weird that they wouldn't have interviewed Ford after all that surveillance.

"No one has been treated differently"

Blair also said that some people have cooperated to be interviewed and others haven't. I am betting that the Ford bros are in the latter camp.

Not sure what it takes for the police to compel these folks to be interviewed, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that can happen.

The *key* question to Blair was the last one asked. "Was a search warrant obtained for Fords home" Blair replied "No"

Too bad there was no follow-up because Blair needs to explain why dozens of search warrants were issued for dozens of individual but none in relation to the PRIME target Mayor Ford.

This dispels Blair's bluster of "without fear or favor".

Last edited:
And the Star came out the winner - not having to pay for the video, looking squeaky clean ethically and still got the big payoff of being the first to break the story.

AoD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back