News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't disagree, but it's not like he can just wave his hand and fire half the public service. Even during the campaign, his staff reduction plan hinged on not replacing people as they retired.

Is there any comparison? Ford's automatic reaction to any tough question is to lie. Did you verbally assault fans at the ACC last night while drunk - I wasn't even there (lie); Were you arrested in Florida for drunk driving - No (lie); What about the people on Finch West who won't get improved transit - We'll build them a subway too (lie).

That's a pathological liar; it's quite different to policy changes. And that's where Ford's no service cuts comment comes from ... I'm sure his handlers during the campaign weren't happy when he said that ... he just opened his mouth and it came out.

Enough nfitz. It never ends with you. If you want to create a Ford hating thread, then by all means do it elsewhere.

But stop trying to turn everything into an excuse to rant that Ford is the worse human being ever in other threads. I asked that since Ford is a liar then how about Dalton whose entire term at Queen's Park as premiere has been nothing but one lie after another. It's a fair comparison and question to ask. Beyond obvious you have some unhealthy obsession with Ford that borderlines disturbing.

One gets the impression that Ford himself somehow molested you or something judging by your rants.

Last edited:
Enough nfitz. It never ends with you. If you want to create a Ford hating thread, then by all means do it elsewhere.

But stop trying to turn everything into an excuse to rant that Ford is the worse human being ever in other threads. I asked that since Ford is a liar then how about Dalton whose entire term at Queen's Park as premiere has been nothing but one lie after another. It's a fair comparison and question to ask. Beyond obvious you have some unhealthy obsession with Ford that borderlines disturbing.

One gets the impression that Ford himself somehow molested you or something judging by your rants.

HUH? WTF! He simply made his case by argueing with real examples. When someone confronts you with the 'truth', you sidestep, trivialize and accuse them of getting personal, but why not try to actually listen to their points...I assume he didn't make them without hoping you'd at least give them fair consideration...

Wasn't it Ford who said "we don't have a revenue problem, we have a spending problem"?

Why then are you even raising Dalton McGuinty? What's that got to do with anything?

You seem to be trying to turn this into some left-wing ... right-wing issue. You make out like I'm some kind of left-wing freak, simply because I believe that Ford is a prejudiced alcoholic pathological liar.

It's nothing to do with left-right ... which is why I also criticized Smitherman, Pantalone, and Giambrone in the last election - along with Rossi ... and the other two as well. I'd have voted for Tory in a second over any of them.

I fail to see why you seem to take criticism of such a failed human being so personally - yet have no problem personally attacking those who disagree with you.

The issue at hand was his promise to not cut services. And he made it as an off-the cuff remark without thinking. I think I'm 100% on target by saying he did this because he is a pathological liar, who doesn't think twice about saying whatever is necessary to get him what he wants, whether it's true or not. He has a long history of doing this, and I documented a bit of it. I've never seen anything quite like it in any politician ... this is very different than cold strategic lies that we typically see from politicians ... it's more like some huge personal panic, where it's easier for some lie to come out of his mouth, than to tell the truth.

And I don't know why we can't discuss this - on-topic in this thread - without being subjected, yet again, to such unnecessary and vicious attacks from you. You're not the thought police tkip.

Last edited:
Is there any comparison?
That's a pathological liar; it's quite different to policy changes.

^^^ This this this this this.

This is a huge distinction that gets lost in the race to reduce everything to the I'm-right-you're-wrong-nana-nana-na-na talking-point nature of today's political discussions.

There is a massive difference between lying and changing one's mind.

Changing one's mind when the facts change is the pinnacle of rational thought.

I am absolutely no fan of McGuinty. Never voted for him. But he's no liar.

McGuinty's problem is not that he changes his mind.

It's that he changes his mind not when the facts induce an understandable desire to change policy, but only when the political whims of the moment become insurmountable to big-P politics.

And this results in him having to change policy rationales on a dime, often contradicting positions and purposes he and his party have been espousing equivocally for quite some time - e.g. sex ed, offshore wind, the eco-tax thing.

That's a lot of things but it ain't lying.

Last edited:
He lied! He closed my favourite library and I'm still pissed!

Either Ford truly didn't know what he was getting himself into with these promises or he lied. Shocking that a politician would lie to get into power. Shocked! Shocked am I....

Why then are you even raising Dalton McGuinty? What's that got to do with anything?

You seem to be trying to turn this into some left-wing ... right-wing issue. You make out like I'm some kind of left-wing freak, simply because I believe that Ford is a prejudiced alcoholic pathological liar.

It's nothing to do with left-right ... which is why I also criticized Smitherman, Pantalone, and Giambrone in the last election - along with Rossi ... and the other two as well. I'd have voted for Tory in a second over any of them.

I fail to see why you seem to take criticism of such a failed human being so personally - yet have no problem personally attacking those who disagree with you.

The issue at hand was his promise to not cut services. And he made it as an off-the cuff remark without thinking. I think I'm 100% on target by saying he did this because he is a pathological liar, who doesn't think twice about saying whatever is necessary to get him what he wants, whether it's true or not. He has a long history of doing this, and I documented a bit of it. I've never seen anything quite like it in any politician ... this is very different than cold strategic lies that we typically see from politicians ... it's more like some huge personal panic, where it's easier for some lie to come out of his mouth, than to tell the truth.

And I don't know why we can't discuss this - on-topic in this thread - without being subjected, yet again, to such unnecessary and vicious attacks from you. You're not the thought police tkip.

You forget your own history nfitz. You've made many posts where you've said some very unpleasant things about Ford and of those with differing views on marriage.

I made the comparisons with Dalton because you called Ford a pathological liar and while he's obviously lied, as do most politicians, I suggested Dalton is the bigger liar. That's was my only intention. To try and show you that there are other people out who are much bigger liars than Ford. You don't want to hear this.

But...... You're simply not being honest with how you treat Ford as opposed to others. You've made some minor complaints and used softer language to describe others like Smitherman but with Ford, you've called him evil and other nasty names. You, like several others on this board, have taken cheap shots whenever you've gotten the chance against the man. And others.

Calling Ford evil for example, is a slap in the face for those who've dealt with true evil.

Like dictators that oppress and slaughter their own populations like you see in parts of Africa, Asia, North Korea, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Iran and China for example. Yet on your spectrum, Ford is the worst and gay discrimination is the worst prejudice on the planet. So all other human suffering sets below gay discrimination in your books.

You need a reality check.

Interesting that you used my own line on the thought police because that's exactly what I said to you in an earlier post. Your rants are all about damning others for having opinions/views that you personally don't like and insisting they shouldn't have them or be allowed to have them. Your rhetoric is insanely, over the top.

"I believe that Ford is a prejudiced alcoholic pathological liar." Prime example.

You had to squeeze in several, damning words to describe Ford including something which has nothing to do with his position in office at all. Alcoholism. If you honestly felt having an addiction problem/history made one unqualified to sit in public office, then you whould have said the same about Smitherman regarding his years of rampant drug abuse.

That's why I get in your face. That's my motivation. And every time you make an outrageous remark, I'm going to be there to remind you otherwise.

Last edited:
you've called him evil and other nasty names.

....says ned flanders in his desperate attempts to bolster ford.

dude, take a break, you lost all credibility pages ago.

What's interesting is that while nfitz used very nasty words to describe Ford, people like Ford and those with differing views on marriage on so many occasions, few challenged him, told him he was out of line or suggested he tone it down. Most of you guys went silent. You could hear crickets practically chirping in the background. That says something.

Last edited:
And here's the difference between nfitz's version of evil and discrimination compared to true evil and discrimination.

I had this co-worker a few years back that fled Bosnia. Her family got her out of the country to flee the ethnic cleansing. and several relatives were slaughtered. She described how for many years, her family lived in a building and were friends with a old woman who was Serb. Then the war broke out. What do you think happened?

When the violence broke and people were being killed or driven out of the country, this woman they called friend, served up the muslim families in the building including her own and people died.

So she eventually crossed the border and became a refugee in Greece. And in her own words, was treated like dirt by the greeks. They hated the refugees flowing across the border. Lots of ethnic tension. She stayed a few years, then finally migrated to Canada. And life here was an oasis compared to the horrors back home. She never went back.

Next time nfitz refers to Ford and others as evil and having sinister agendas, someone needs to remember this story.

Last edited:

I don't see how you are distancing yourself from someone who criticizes Ford by criticizing McGuinty. Really, McGuinty has been one lie after the other? Can you give me a list because I must have missed a few news articles. Other than a need to put in a health tax to balance the budget at the beginning of his first term what did I miss?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back