News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup. I do enjoy a good debate. And doug, you're not as clever as you think you are.

Last edited:
tkip and nfitz are the perfect odd couple
Valid point ... no point arguing - you just come down to the same level.

I concede. I'm done here.

Clearly in Rob Ford's Toronto's, it's now okay to discrimate against gays. I was wrong to suggest otherwise.

So where is our Mayor? No sign of him in the media or in public since the middle of last week. He appears to be MIA for 10 days now, perhaps he got lost in the woods while cottaging on Canada Day weekend?

So where is our Mayor? No sign of him in the media or in public since the middle of last week. He appears to be MIA for 10 days now, perhaps he got lost in the woods while cottaging on Canada Day weekend?

He did, apparently, meet with a group of Parkdale-area residents who are super pissed about a Methodone clinic opening nearby yesterday. And on Monday he's got a rare press conference at 10 a.m., which he will reveal the first Core Service Review report. Media have said that they may attend and cover the conference, if they can get back from their collective cottage in time.

Ford not a media pig like Miller....he does business without fanfare or back slapping like the "blondess".....so many people feel "insulted" about him not going to the Pride parade...would it be better he attend and make a fake impression hes enjoying himself there?.You think Burke would be there if his son didnt pass away in the unforunate car accident?...I agree he should have been at the flag raising other than that he does has the right to enjoy his weekend off.Im sure those who voted for him dont think less of thing for passing the pride parade.Except Levy....

Ford not a media pig like Miller

Yes he is, he's the king of pigs.

he does business without fanfare or back slapping like the "blondess"

He's lying cheating drug addicted scum, his 'business' is done by his brother.

so many people feel "insulted" about him not going to the Pride parade

Not in this fora, or in the general public....perhaps you should pay attention, maybe you'd have a clue.

.would it be better he attend and make a fake impression hes enjoying himself there?.

Read the thread, no one really wanted him there.

You think Burke would be there if his son didn't pass away in the unfortunate car accident?

If you have the balls, why don't you ask Burke?

I agree he should have been at the flag raising other than that he does has the right to enjoy his weekend off.

Thanks for summarizing the overwhelming majority's opinion on this issue.

Im sure those who voted for him dont think less of thing for passing the pride parade

And those that didn't vote for him, have no problem either....you need a clue stick upside your head.

Ford not a media pig like Miller....he does business without fanfare or back slapping like the "blondess".....so many people feel "insulted" about him not going to the Pride parade...would it be better he attend and make a fake impression hes enjoying himself there?.You think Burke would be there if his son didnt pass away in the unforunate car accident?...I agree he should have been at the flag raising other than that he does has the right to enjoy his weekend off.Im sure those who voted for him dont think less of thing for passing the pride parade.Except Levy....

It's about being accessible, available to the media, being transparent like he promised - it's not about being a media pig, good grief.
The general consensus I got from people I spoke to was that he wasn't wanted at the parade after all that fuss, but he should have attended the flag raising and reading of the Official Proclamation. It's his job. In the end he really hurt himself politically here, and not just with the gay community but also with those who have gay brothers, sisters, mothers, fathers, sons, daughters, friends, co-workers and on & on. You can be sure they followed this two week PR mess with some interest.

...says the loser.

tkip....look up "hypocrite", you fit the description to a 't'.

And look up antagonize and patronize, doug. It's what you do best..... Apart from slinging mud at others whose opinions you don't want to hear. What several on this board do so frequently...

Last edited:
It's about being accessible, available to the media, being transparent like he promised - it's not about being a media pig, good grief.
The general consensus I got from people I spoke to was that he wasn't wanted at the parade after all that fuss, but he should have attended the flag raising and reading of the Official Proclamation. It's his job. In the end he really hurt himself politically here, and not just with the gay community but also with those who have gay brothers, sisters, mothers, fathers, sons, daughters, friends, co-workers and on & on. You can be sure they followed this two week PR mess with some interest.

Some questions and definitely criticisms but mass anger sweeping the city?

I find it hard to believe that people are suggesting that Ford skipping out on Pride will cause some massive backlash in the general electorate. No one at my work seems particularly upset with this and I work with a lot of people. Different racial/ethnic backgrounds and many openly gay people. I'm not hearing any real backlash.

Now, I agree that he should have put an appearance in since he is the mayor but he also skipped out on the Canada Day celebrations too from what I've heard and no one on this board seems up with this. Why not? There's definitely a double standard being applied here and some are being very selective about how they're criticising Ford.

If you want to criticize Ford for skipping one event then you have to criticize him for skipping all events. Events which have just as much significance as Pride. Criticize Ford on his lack of real vision for the city too if you want. I agree that outside of cuts, Ford seems baffled about culture and transit. And criticize as well his quick temper and dismissive nature at times.

But certain people here and elsewhere aren't interested in this. They want all the criticisms to revolve entirely around the gay issue.

I think behind the scenes someone decided that since there's open hostility in the gay community and several have accused Ford of being homophobic, then what was the point in attending any Pride event? What would have happened is that the Ford haters would have accused him of faking and trying to cosy up to the gay community while hiding his homophobia.

But that's just my interpretation of the whole thing.

Last edited:
No one at my work seems particularly upset with this and I work with a lot of people. Different racial/ethnic backgrouns and many openly gay people. I'm not hearing any real backlash.
You've commented previously that most of your co-workers don't believe in same-sex marriage.

When inquiries have been made to you of what kind of business, and roughly what part of the city, where it is acceptable to discriminate against gays, you've dodged the question. Perhaps your workplace is in City Hall, and you only talk to those in Mayor Ford's office? LOL!

And yet your your implausible workplace appears again - now with many openly gay people (who don't seem to be bothered that the majority of their co-workers have more rights than they do!).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back