8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was noted last week in The Star, see link, that

Under surveillance: Rob Ford seen urinating in public, dumping liquor bottles after Lisi meetings

Mayor Rob Ford was observed urinating in broad daylight behind an Etobicoke public school and dumping empty liquor bottles during one of his many meetings with Alexander “Sandro” Lisi detailed in police search warrant documents released Thursday.

Our famously penny-pinching mayor was dumping empty liquor bottles instead of returning them for the deposit? The LCBO at Crossroads Plaza is in the same plaza that has a Beer Store. Why couldn't he return the bottles for a deposit before going to buy a fresh order? Must be nice being rich.

I'm not that rich. I return empty liquor bottles for a deposit.

Last edited:
Before I demand Ford resign I really wanna see this video first and make sure its crack and not hash he's smoking
If, in the video, Ford is lighting the pipe from underneath, as it's been described, then it's not pot or hash. The troubling aspect of this when it comes to Ford's supporters is once the video comes out Ford might say that it's just pot he's smoking and "Ford Nation" will accept it not knowing that pot smoking doesn't work when lighting the pipe from below.

It was noted last week in The Star, see link, that

Under surveillance: Rob Ford seen urinating in public, dumping liquor bottles after Lisi meetings

Our famously penny-pinching mayor was dumping empty liquor bottles instead of returning them for the deposit? The LCBO at Crossroads Plaza is in the same plaza that has a Beer Store. Why couldn't he return the bottles for a deposit before going to buy a fresh order? Must be nice being rich.

Rob is obviously unable to resist temptation so going into the Beer Store to get his bottle deposit back would tempt him to buy a case of 24 "while I'm here" and then he has to pop into the LCBO for more vodka to wash it down. This might not end well :->

What about framing the rally as an group intervention, "Save Ford from Himself" sort of thing?

I'm not personally a fan of being polite or tempered at this junction. This guy -- even sober -- hates the city. Fuck him and fuck him hard.

I'm done work now, so I can write slightly more coherently about this rally. It's very easy to repeat the message a lot of Toronto has been chanting in unison for three years. All of it might be true, and there might still be ammunition in those messages. However, since that message has been repeated so often, the carriers of that message have already been labelled and niched by the Ford camp. Do that, and you're playing right into their hands.

Also, there's no need to pick gratuitous battles. I, for one, would welcome Ford nation to join the rally. The goal of the rally should be to get Ford to step down, and the more diverse the voices, the better.

I still contend that a message along the lines of a "Public Intervention" of Ford to save him, and to save the city that elected him as its chief magistrate, would have the most reach. Let other battles be fought elsewhere and at a different time.

If there are any speakers, they should be completely apolitical. I'm thinking addiction experts, MADD Canada, AA, etc. Ford's weak point right now is the fact that he keeps denying he has a problem, and he stubbornly maintains he can control his addictions. Any addiction expert worth anything will tell you how often they've seen that, how it typically affects performance, and the most common outcome for those who don't relent. Ford's performance is critical to the city, and therefore, he should step aside.

Anyways...that's my $.02

We need to get CAMH in the rally.

Rob Ford's drug addictions are worrisome. His favourite drugs are caffeine, alcohol, cannabis, and cocaine.

We need a few public figures. A business figure, a political figure and maybe an urban planner figure. Richard Florida would be great. Wonder how he would feel about it.
We need to get CAMH in the rally.

Rob Ford's drug addictions are worrisome. His favourite drugs are caffeine, alcohol, cannabis, and cocaine.

If, in the video, Ford is lighting the pipe from underneath, as it's been described, then it's not pot or hash. The troubling aspect of this when it comes to Ford's supporters is once the video comes out Ford might say that it's just pot he's smoking and "Ford Nation" will accept it not knowing that pot smoking doesn't work when lighting the pipe from below
I've read this as well. Lighting pipe from underneath means crack. For me thats good enough evidence. I wanna see it for myself though. Also crack is supposed to make a crackling sound. So if audio is clear we should be able to hear that

I personally know Paul Bedford. He is a former chief urban planner of Toronto and he is critical of Ford.

We can get transit advocate Steve Munro on board as well.

Norm Kelly on Rob Ford: “He’s taken, in his eyes, dramatic steps to change his lifestyle, I take him at his word, and I will hold him to that,” Rob Ford ally Norm Kelly accepts mayor’s apology (Toronto Star)

It's been extremely frustrating to watch Norm Kelly - whose ward I grew up in - devolve into such a spineless bootlicker. Although I never shared his politics, I always had more respect for him than divisive ideologues like Mike Del Grande (in the neighbouring ward). I just don't understand why he's tying himself to Rob Ford. I didn't understand it back when he voted to fire Gary Webster, and I really don't understand it now.

What I hear from an inside source is that Kelly might have some personal understanding about cocaine addiction. True or not, you can see how that might make somebody more willing to keep working with Rob now.

I think this rally should be the first of many. Obviously it'll be great if we can get prominent speakers and tens of thousands of people to show up but if that doesn't happen we shouldn't give up. We'll need time and many rallies to gain momentum, I think.

I think this rally should be the first of many. Obviously it'll be great if we can get prominent speakers and tens of thousands of people to show up but if that doesn't happen we shouldn't give up. We'll need time and many rallies to gain momentum, I think.

If another rally is needed after November 13th, www.savetoronto.ca will be the voice to inform everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back