News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
"the so call God Squad I am referring to isn't a general belief in God, but a particular subset of individuals who are willing to suspend critical faculties to the point of fanaticism"

What critical faculties?

Though I think AoD nails it on the head with Einstein's beliefs (shared with Aristotle, btw), FWIW there ARE also highly intelligent people who believe in a personal god. Look at CS Lewis or St Thomas of Aquinas, for example. The "God Squad" referred to means the people who pray for Lotto ticket numbers. There's no end to this argument, you guys can continue with this until you're 90 years old, I'm tuning into the broker interview (since, you know, this is a Ford thread). Bye.

Sometimes, I just wish religious advertising (including quoting from religious texts) were banned in public spaces in Toronto.

He may not have been a christian, but he did believe in an almighty being. There are countless other highly educated scientists, philosophers throughout history that are/were christians. Don't lump everyone together.

No, he did not. That is an urban myth that has been propagated by misquotes and outright falsehoods.
"The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish.". - Einstein in his letter to Eric B. Gutkind, on January 3, 1954, a year before Einstein passed away, sent as response to Gutkind's book “Choose Life: The Biblical Call to Revoltâ€.

Should we set up an Indiegogo campaign to raise funds for savetoronto.ca to be able to purchase advertising space to counter Ford Nation's advertising campaign? Note that I chose Indiegogo, as Kickstarter does not allow funding for purchasing advertising space.

I only came here because I was alerted that I was mentioned.. I came to clear up a few minor things & answer a few questions, but attacking messenger & expecting exclusive scoops or info is not going to happen here. and how would it help me to provide links or screenshots to pig ball pics or private convos with sr editors? You read the article that was published, but would rather factcheck my personal details and or history.

Yes I have been a well known Ford supporter for a long time, ok.
I was seeing things I wasn't comfortable going on with things tho.

Call me El Jefe lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SjY2Knod-8 : )

Though I think AoD nails it on the head with Einstein's beliefs (shared with Aristotle, btw), FWIW there ARE also highly intelligent people who believe in a personal god. Look at CS Lewis or St Thomas of Aquinas, for example. The "God Squad" referred to means the people who pray for Lotto ticket numbers. There's no end to this argument, you guys can continue with this until you're 90 years old, I'm tuning into the broker interview (since, you know, this is a Ford thread). Bye.

Yes, but this so called, "God squad" is used as an all encompassing example of what Christians are like. Most people are extremely naive and uneducated when it comes to religion, and the mainstream media exploits this ignorance. If one is praying for lotto tickets, I highly doubt that they're sincerely religious.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back