News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
All comes back to the point that a government official who put's themselves into a position like this opens themselves to blackmail. Mafia-type people probably wanted the video to gain a hand over the Mayor. They wouldn't want money to keep it quite, they would want favours.

Yup. Crack video blackmail = government contract.

Here's the quote about organized crime:
"There were some people in the neighbourhood… I would say people that were in organized crime. That drove in and showed people a suitcase of money."
and
"Coming in in fancy cars and showing cash, look, you know, here's my number, give me a call."

Findlay: "Farah started hearing about phone calls from people he was told had close connections to the mayor."
and later...
Findlay: "There were threats made on behalf of the mayor or the mayor's office?"
Farah: "On the behalf of the mayor yeah"
Findlay: "You said they were calling on behalf of Rob Ford?"
Farah: "Right, right."

On rewatch… yeah, he doesn't look totally honest there.

Perhaps not 100% truthful, a little stretching, but still more honest than our mayor. Sad, isn't it.

I loved this documentary. Watching it unfold online you miss a lot of the actual details and interviews. They really ask the question, why didn't ford get arrested?

Does anyone know what the answer to this is? And are reporters working on this question? It seems like we've only scratched the surface of this.

I work in construction and now how prevalent organized crime still is in Toronto and understand the hesitance of all these people coming forward. It's about time the media is stepping up and putting pressure on police to take action (even if it's only one step)

Last edited:
Something's been bugging me about the rehab issue. Hasn't Rob already been in rehab? There was at least one mysterious trip to Florida, maybe more? And Robyn Doolittle went down there explicitly to work the rehab issue, but didn't report what she found out (probably stuff in the upcoming book on that)?

If rehab has already been a factor in Rob's life---plus Kathy's life, let's not forget---then why the total resistance now on the part of the Fords? Is it because it would be public knowledge instead of a family secret?

To paraphrase Whoopi on the Polanski rape incident, it isn't *rehab* rehab.

I think those buildings are condos with the laundry in the apartment.
Plus he probably has a gun because everyone has a gun that lives there? Get real everyone, there's lots of guns in Toronto and everyone gets them illegally. What's he going to say, "i got this illegally"? Of course not, he'll just say it's someone else's, like everyone else does.

he lived there with his mom and his brother, who had been in trouble with cops. Sounds like it was bro's gun but he obviously didn't want to say that.

Ford wasn't charged because Brazen II is not about drugs. Was originally about Smith murder and possible connections. Suspect it has broadened out into corruption. They couldn't give a shit if RoFo was smoking crack.

he lived there with his mom and his brother, who had been in trouble with cops. Sounds like it was bro's gun but he obviously didn't want to say that.

Ford wasn't charged because Brazen II is not about drugs. Was originally about Smith murder and possible connections. Suspect it has broadened out into corruption. They couldn't give a shit if RoFo was smoking crack.
When you say corruption, you think they were gathering evidence on the Fords directing Lisi's extortion?

I still don't understand why Blair came out and talked about the video at all. If they wanted to keep their cards close to their chest they would've. What's going on here?

When you say corruption, you think they were gathering evidence on the Fords directing Lisi's extortion?

Those manila envelopes that Lisi kept depositing into Ford's vehicle come to mind. I expect they contained cash, presumably payments to Ford for unknown services. If so, that's certainly corruption. Tax evasion if nothing else, since I very much doubt that Ford would declare the income.

Those manila envelopes that Lisi kept depositing into Ford's vehicle come to mind. I expect they contained cash, presumably payments to Ford for unknown services. If so, that's certainly corruption.
But then why did Blair talk about the video? Why haven't they arrested Ford yet? They must've caught something during all those wiretaps.

No, I think there was more than that. I think they were interested to see if Lisi was acting as a go-between between RoFo and people who wanted him to do certain things. I strongly suspect there's a connection to organized crime in there somewhere, either in Deco laundering money (50% profit margin, WHAT?) or in RoFo influence peddling in return for who knows what. If any of this turned up on the wiretap then the cops would have backed right off. They only arrested Lisi because the warrant was about to be made public, is my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back