8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something is very wrong.

How does he get to sit around and sell bobble heads? Did he do any real work today? That's a serious question too - is there somewhere to see an agenda ? Like this is fucking bananas. B a n a n a s

Something is very wrong.

How does he get to sit around and sell bobble heads? Did he do any real work today? That's a serious question too - is there somewhere to see an agenda ? Like this is fucking bananas. B a n a n a s

Not to mention...

bureaucrat ‏@somewhatcivil 40m
I thought using mayoral office resources to raise money for a charity was something he'd already been told not to do? #TOpoli

Something is very wrong.

Thank you! Why is the mayor wasting time at PR stunts? How is he supposed to accomplish anything that the city needs when he's spending all his time trying manage his own image. This can't go on.

I think you completely missed the D&D reference...

Personally, given his many blowups and utter mismanagement, I think you have to go with Chaotic. Since even Chaotic Neutral gives him some benefit of the doubt, you'd think Chaotic Evil, but I don't think he's intentionally trying to lay waste to Toronto, he's just sort of stumbling there. So, Chaotic Neutral is my choice for the Mayor Ford monster. They'll have to update the Manual...

LOLMAO!

And if I am United Way, I'd be really, really circumspect about the money raised from this event - and just whose event is it anyways?

AoD

Something is very wrong.

Good questions, but now ask yourself: does he every do any real work? I think the answer will show you that today really isn't any different from any other day.

But not if they hang with criminals and have a connection to a murder that they refuse to answer questions about. No reason to step down for that.

No, I absolutely think that he should step down for that. And I think Council should make a motion that he's lost the public's confidence because of all that has come out. I just don't think it's the place of a democratic body to urge someone to abandon their constitutional rights.

Thank you! Why is the mayor wasting time at PR stunts? How is he supposed to accomplish anything that the city needs when he's spending all his time trying manage his own image. This can't go on.

"It's for charity, so anything goes! Who cares if the waste of my and my staff's time and resources pretty much negates the couple of grand we will raise, and I might as well have just donated cash---if we do it this way, I get to gladhand hundreds of supporters and appear jolly and caring, not wasted and violent! Who cares if this looks like campaigning, it's for the United Way! Am I the only one thinking of the children??"

Marked-up Rob Ford bobblehead dolls are already being offered on eBay and Kijiji: http://torontoist.com/2013/11/mayor-rob-fords-bobbleheads-are-already-selling-on-ebay/

The figurines, only 1000 of which are being sold, have been moving briskly all morning at $20 a piece—and, as of 1 p.m., the mayor was apparently still sitting at a table in the City Hall rotunda, signing each one as it was sold. The proceeds will go to the United Way.

But before the first figurine had even been sold, reporters found a Kijiji ad from someone claiming to have two of the bobbleheads. The asking price for each one? $500. Meanwhile, on eBay, two bobbleheads had surfaced by the time this post was written. The first was selling for $185, with 24 bids; the other had an opening price of $280, with no bids.

In less than a day, these bobbleheads—whose faces bear only a slight resemblance to the mayor’s—have become collector’s items. So, this is Toronto’s latest gift to the world: overpriced mementos of the reign of a politician who’s now best known for smoking crack and then lying about it.

Ford is now selling and signing bobble heads at City Hall? Is that what we pay the mayor to do? If I didn't know better, I'd think we were all just being punked. City Hall has become a three ring circus.

People around the world are going to hear about this and think we have all lost our god damned minds, especially since those bobble heads are now reselling on Ebay for hundreds of dollars. It must prove that this city loves our crackhead mayor, right? lol I'm getting a headache.

Last edited:
The saddest thing is, the Fords needed a win today, and this is what a win looks like to them.

SFO:

Let's not despair - when in doubt, one can always drag out the Star crack video for a reminder of his behaviour.

AoD

Last edited:
Is anybody following the Rob Ford bobblehead sale at City Hall on Twitter? Apparently hundreds have been lined up for hours, Doug has been hanging around gladhanding instead of attending a budget meeting, and when Rob finally showed up he ran up the stairs instead of taking the elevator. Now he's just jogging around, according to Don Peat:

Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 20m
Mayor Rob Ford now running around the 2nd floor #TOpoli

So I guess spending ONE DAY at the gym is enough to put on a hollow show that he's "healthy," "getting well," etc. Pathetic.

Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 11m
Mayor Rob Ford having some sort of smoothie or protein shake #TOpoli pic.twitter.com/LZh7M9vik8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back