News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
He must be accountable for this. He emphatically declared with great indignity that he met him once and had no idea who he was. He cannot be permitted to defiantly lie time and time again.

OH SNAP!

Cops do have a link....ford to smith!

We suspected, but documents show the connection.

After today's council session, which was foreplay, the real shizznit is coming!

Gigiddy gigiddy......gooooooo!!

He must be accountable for this. He emphatically declared with great indignity that he met him once and had no idea who he was. He cannot be permitted to defiantly lie time and time again.
He is so stupid. He knew more info was coming out today. Is it the pathological lying that makes him do it or does he just think he can (keep) getting away with it and no one will call him to task?

I really, really, really want him to go. Far, far, far away.

haha

Paul Wells ‏@InklessPW 1m
New documents show that the Star's conspiracy to depict Rob Ford as a drug-using loose cannon goes to the very top levels of Ford's staff.

He cannot be permitted to defiantly lie time and time again.

Unfortunately he can, unless his lies get him in legal trouble.

It's absurd the province doesn't give cities the legal tools to remove sitting councillors, but unfortunately it doesn't. As I understand it, the only thing that can actually get Ford removed is either a violation of the Ontario Municipal Conflict of Interest Act (which he avoided previously), or missing 90 days of council meetings. Even being convicted of a crime would not be sufficient as long as he could attend council meetings with the 89 day window.

As I said, absurd, but that's how the system (currently) works. I just hope that once all this blows over, the province will quietly rectify this problem.

Doolittle agonizingly enigmatic on specific connection between Smith and Ford case. We know Ford mentioned he knew him, but I don't get WTF this means:

@robyndoolittle
On May 19, police say they are not doing anymore interviews with people about the possibility that the crack video was on Smith's phone...

@robyndoolittle
.. and that it was stolen at the time of his murder. I got a phone call about the crack video just a few days after Smith's death.

Why did they stop doing interviews? Because the lead was dropped? Or because they got what they need?

Just reading about the video being on Smith's phone, and Smith is dead, and Ford denies knowing him (hey, the guy just came out of the house and asked for a picture) gives me the chills.

Doolittle agonizingly enigmatic on specific connection between Smith and Ford case. We know Ford mentioned he knew him, but I don't get WTF this means:

Why did they stop doing interviews? Because the lead was dropped? Or because they got what they need?

It actually says no more interviews until Traveller completed:

27) On May 19th, 2013 as per Staff Superintendent RAMER ( 4951) it was decided that no further
interviews would take place in relation to the suggestions that Mayor FORD was smoking
crack or the possibility that the recording is on the cell phone of Anthony SMITH that was
stolen at the time of his murder until Project Traveller was completed.

28) The concern was that any additional interviews would potentially compromise Project
Traveller in relation to the arrests, recovery of firearms and narcotics.

I don't either but I also don't want to live in a society where people are presumed to be addicts or criminals until proven innocent. Presumption of innocence is a pillar of our legal system and a fundamental right in our society.
OK, then, here's a thought, what about drug testing with probable cause? You do up an ITO for a mandatory drug screening, the same way you would for a search warrant. We therefore still maintain the presumption of innocence - the same as which protects us from unreasonable search a seizure (or do we have that in Canada), but based on someone's actions or behaviour, we can make a case for probable cause and, if granted, get the test done. Much the same as a breathalyzer or roadside sobriety test.

Thanks for that clarification. Because I earnestly don't want to believe Ford is capable of murder, doesn't Dootlittle's suggestion in her twitter feed that she was called within a couple of days after Smith's death indication that the people who killed Smith for the video (if that's true) wanted it to make money at Ford's expense?

It actually says no more interviews until Traveller completed:

27) On May 19th, 2013 as per Staff Superintendent RAMER ( 4951) it was decided that no further
interviews would take place in relation to the suggestions that Mayor FORD was smoking
crack or the possibility that the recording is on the cell phone of Anthony SMITH that was
stolen at the time of his murder until Project Traveller was completed.

28) The concern was that any additional interviews would potentially compromise Project
Traveller in relation to the arrests, recovery of firearms and narcotics.

And Khattak's lawyers feel the video is relevant to his defense...

Hi folks,

Great job at the rally today! I've posted a bunch of pictures on Flickr - some good crowd & sign shots.

Cheers!

10844242944_52828a731a_n.jpg

Attachments

• 10844242944_52828a731a_n.jpg
    10844242944_52828a731a_n.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 472
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back