News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should be able to watch full "episodes" on the Rogers website after today, so you can replay the madness over and over and over again.

I don't think I could watch a gong show like that again

Someone like RF and his reactionary politics is exactly what is needed to spark a renewed downtown neighbourhood activism - the benefits of which has been taken for granted for far too long.

I for one can't wait to see him try and put the streetcars issue where his mouth is. My prediction - it'd be the first issue for him to cave. The late 60s/early 70s all over again?

AoD

I certainly hope so. It's sad that it feels like we're still living in the 60s/70s compared to other large cities.

He already did, today, during the debate. This exercise was nothing more than formalizing the fact that the vast majority of council wants him out of there, at least temporarily.
So the vote was just formal and does nothing. What happened to council trying to strip away his powers? Are they not going to do this?

So the vote was just formal and does nothing. What happened to council trying to strip away his powers? Are they not going to do this?

Council can't actually "strip away his powers" -- there is no process to do that. What Council can do is remove the powers that they put in place under the Miller government that allowed the mayor to control various committee chair appointments. As I understand it, the motion to do that will come for a vote on Friday.

Council can't actually "strip away his powers" -- there is no process to do that. What Council can do is remove the powers that they put in place under the Miller government that allowed the mayor to control various committee chair appointments. As I understand it, the motion to do that will come for a vote on Friday.
That's what I was talking about.

I believe that part may still be redacted. I believe I read lawyers are in court next week for those parts. My brain is overloaded so if I remember or cross it again I'll post it.

robyndoolittle ‏@robyndoolittle 3m
The recently released docs make the link between Rob Ford & Anthony Smith, an alleged Dixon City Bloods member who was fatally shot in March

@dannyviola: P. 58 : "Mayor did indicate to CHRISTOPOULOS that he knew Anthony SMITH. He did not mention how he knew him"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back