News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it would be more important if the story was based on more than one person's story and had some sort of evidence behind it.

Thank you. Exactly. Just the woman's say so that it happened without any evidence. And her saying her daughter also saw the same thing is hearsay.

The lady in question was just featured on The National with her story intact. What more evidence is needed? ; )

Really? She speaks to a newspaper and this is suppose to count as evidence?

Her recounting her own version isn't evidence. Evidence is something can be collaborate by witnesses who can testify, pictures, videos, something that can be followed up. She has nothing. Nothing but her say so and what smacks of trying to get 5 seconds of fame. Interestingly, a friend told me today that apparently Doug was actually being cheeky when he said he didn't know who Atwood was.

Seems he was having some fun and and then everything snowballed from there.

Last edited:

Her recounting her own version isn't evidence. Evidence is something can be collaborate by witnesses who can testify, pictures, videos, something that can be followed up. She has nothing. Nothing but her say so and what smacks of trying to 5 seconds of fame. Interestingly, a friend told me today that apparently Doug was actually being cheeky when he said he didn't know who Atwood was.

How does your friend know Doug Ford was being "cheeky"? Did Doug Ford tell him this? Is there someone else that testify that they witnessed this conversation? If so, how do we know Doug Ford wasn't simply bull-shitting? Was there a polygraph on hand?

She's been following this and mentioned it today.

I think she knows someone that heard that exchange and it came across as though Doug was playing with the crowd and the whole thing went viral. Doesn't really matter though. Doug knowing Atwood and her works isn't a requirement for being a politician in this city. Do we start testing all our politicians now on knowledge of writers and literature?

Is this where this is going? Only people with approved cultural tastes can govern?

Last edited:
So Doug is trolling us. Yeah, that's soooo much better.

Also, love how the middle finger story is overshadowing the proud display of willful ignorance regarding issues like library closures. Goooo humanity!

Is this where this is going? Only people with approved cultural tastes can govern?
Apparently you can be a grossly uninformed oaf who doesn't pay attention to careful analysis on any subject to govern.

Last edited:
That article was a joke. Basically just pure character assassination attempt. It's getting tiresome. This is all the Star can offer now.

Why does it matter if Doug knows who Atwood is? No one cares. It has nothing to do with running the city and you shouldn't be singled out and ridiculed for having not known who Atwood is. If Miller didn't know who she was, would the same people be making fun of him? Of course not. People are looking for new ways to insult the Fords.

It smacks of desperation. Basically people are whining and being sore losers because their boy, Miller and his people don't run the show anymore and they're looking for anything and everything to smear Ford with. Doesn't matter how small or trivial, nothing can slip under the radar. And if you can't find something? Just make it up or blow it out of proportion.

And the story about Rob giving that driver the finger is pure allegation at this point. There is no evidence whatsoever that it happened or that it happened as this woman claims it did. Nor do we know for certain if she didn't exaggerate certain details or wasn't aggressive and rude to Ford herself.

Yet people are already treating it as the gospel because it supposedly involves Ford.

you're right, knowing Atwood isn't a requirement for running a city.
however, considering everyone who's gone through high school should know who she is, it's quite disturbing we have elected officials who don't.

have you changed your mind on any of the above after RF and staff have admitted to the driving while using cellphone and the story was confirmed by the passenger of the driver in other car ?!!

time to admit to yourself, you're an RF fanboy and NOTHING he'll do is wrong.
you'll find every excuse you can to brush it off, and then attack everyone who criticizes as being a 'hater'

Last edited:

Her recounting her own version isn't evidence. Evidence is something can be collaborate by witnesses who can testify, pictures, videos, something that can be followed up. She has nothing. Nothing but her say so and what smacks of trying to get 5 seconds of fame. Interestingly, a friend told me today that apparently Doug was actually being cheeky when he said he didn't know who Atwood was.

Interestingly, a friend told me today that apparently Irishmonk was actually being cheeky when he said "The lady in question was just featured on The National with her story intact. What more evidence is needed? ; )"

Seems he was having some fun and then tkip came along.

a passenger in this lady's vehicle confirmed the events.

Its still not proof, but that's not the point.

This is not as important a story as a half dozen other Fordian issues. Why do we want to go on and on and on focusing on Rob Ford flipping someone an alleged bird? We all got it a long time ago... Rob Ford is a boorish boor with a history of exactly these type of embarrassing incidents, so why not just accept that chances are he did give a lady with a 6 year old in her car the finger and then move on to issues that matter. This is neither new or news, its just the way our *shudder* mayor seems to act.

Isn't the fact that today (and for the foreseeable future) Rob Ford and the executive committee will be facing hundreds of frustrated citizens a more worthy topic to discuss? He says he doesn't care how long it will all take but I'm wondering how long into frustrated and angry 5 minute tirades this sentiment will last. Apparently the committee reserves the right to shorten speaking slots.

Interestingly, a friend told me today that apparently Doug was actually being cheeky when he said he didn't know who Atwood was.

Wow, spinning it every way possible.
Cheeky with the crowd? Ah, let me see, i'm a politician and one of the most popular cultural icons in my country makes a comment regarding my decisions and i go around telling people "i don't know her", "she should get elected" and so on. And that was cheeky?
I see ignorance is bliss in your world Tkip.

She's been following this and mentioned it today.

I think she knows someone that heard that exchange and it came across as though Doug was playing with the crowd and the whole thing went viral. Doesn't really matter though. Doug knowing Atwood and her works isn't a requirement for being a politician in this city. Do we start testing all our politicians now on knowledge of writers and literature?

Tkip, do you listen to yourself? First you say that the woman who reported seeing Ford give her the finger isn't credible because there is no one to corroborate her story, therefore it's just a story.

Then you defend Doug Ford by saying you know someone whom you think knows someone who heard DF say something, therefore you know that his comment was cheeky.

If the woman reporting what she herself saw isn't evidence, then your twice-removed hearsay means squat.

At least Lastman had a few amusing gaffes and came across, at times, as a somewhat lovable buffoon. Ford just seems like a bully and a complete A-hole.

I think we are seeing the emergence of a centrist faction who have realized an unconditionally allying with Ford is not in their political careers best interests.

So Doug is trolling us. Yeah, that's soooo much better.

Also, love how the middle finger story is overshadowing the proud display of willful ignorance regarding issues like library closures. Goooo humanity!

Apparently you can be a grossly uninformed oaf who doesn't pay attention to careful analysis on any subject to govern.

Interesting that people can be cheeky elsewhere including other politicians but apparently the Fords can't make a playful comment or tease without breaking laws. You guys are making a mountain out of a molehill issue here. The question is legit. Do we need all these libraries open? Are they all necessary now in a digital age?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back