News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
A full weekend for Rob. A possible appearance on SNL as a coked-up and lawyered-up criminal and then off to the Santa Claus Parade the next morning to projectile vomit over a group of special needs kids while handing out campaign buttons and then a quick appearance at the Argos' game where he can run through a press scrum and then knock down a cheerleader for a few minutes of dry-humping followed by a few more "Gravy Train" slogans. I have a bad feeling about this--we are just a few days away from Rob Ford full frontal...

BTW. Lorne Michaels, the creator and producer of Saturday Night Live, was born in Toronto. First wife, Rosie Shuster, was the daughter of Frank Shuster, of Wayne & Shuster fame, and cousin to co-creator of Superman, Joe Shuster. Lorne is probably shaking his head, but glad for the material available.

Last edited:
(Disclosure: I have been drinking, a little. In case it's not utterly obvious

That's the only way to read these forums without blowing a gasket: in a drunken stupor.

Stayed home tonight to watch SNL and see what comes up. Warmed up a nice lasagna. Why go out? I have more than enough to eat at home.

Even in those photos from 3 years, Ford looks much healthier than he does now. He wasn't healthy, nor did he look that healthy, but he still looked healthier than he does now.

Flaherty was ANGRY as he has been witness to the constant screwing up of this family - he probably just didn't want to comment and make it worse - tho he was seething to do so.

Jimmy the Leprechaun shows up glad handing at my friend's RC church in Whitby *only* around election time. Those tears match his crocodile shoes.

Jimmy the Leprechaun shows up glad handing at my friend's RC church in Whitby *only* around election time. Those tears match his crocodile shoes.

There are few pols who I dislike as much as Jim Flaherty but, come on.
He's got a really messed-up friend. He was one of the innumerable people who gave Ford the advice to get cleaned up and now it keeps spiraling out of control. Given how even Doug seems caught off-guard by just how deep Rob is in the shit, I'm not surprised Flaherty was even less aware and caught off guard. It can't be easy having a friend who is an addict spiral out of control this way.

That man and his compadres did damage to Ontario and Toronto we are still trying to fix but that still seemed like an awful genuine emotional reaction to me.

I'd imagine wiretap info will be released. Media lawyers won a decision to unseal some of the Project Traveller warrants on wednesday. No idea about the day this might translate into a public release.

Link? I can't seem to find anything about this...

As much as I agree with the sentiment, how would this law be worded? How do you define "open to blackmail"?

In Ottawa, when someone is elevated to Cabinet and/or the Privy Council, there is a background check done. I also know that political parties now do a criminal and credit check on candidates, in order to avoid bimbo eruptions.

Naturally in a few cases, politics overrides security. For example, I'd like to know how the hell Arthur Porter was ever allowed near SIRC, let alone be the chair. (My uncle runs logistics for MUHC and that dickhead has them scrambling for patient care because of the all the money he stole.)

There are few pols who I dislike as much as Jim Flaherty but, come on.
He's got a really messed-up friend. He was one of the innumerable people who gave Ford the advice to get cleaned up and now it keeps spiraling out of control. Given how even Doug seems caught off-guard by just how deep Rob is in the shit, I'm not surprised Flaherty was even less aware and caught off guard. It can't be easy having a friend who is an addict spiral out of control this way.

That man and his compadres did damage to Ontario and Toronto we are still trying to fix but that still seemed like an awful genuine emotional reaction to me.

And yet, he still doesn't seem to realize the hypocrisy of the CPC's position on harm reduction and rule of law. Criminals and addicts are undeserving of rehabilitative justice and sympathy, unless of course they happen to be prominent members or supporters of the CPC.

Peepers: I noticed referrals like this to this ad referring to Mayor Rob Ford and the crack allegations and I just
thought that it was just another joke aimed at him but after seeing it on WCBS (NYC) Channel 2's 11pm news
on Thursday 11/15 I learned that this was a real ad and not a joke...

I found it tasteless and I wonder if Mayor Rob Ford could sue them for slander or
character accusations...

I also noticed after looking at 100 pages of posts from the last three days (this alone amazes me but with this hot
topic not surprising) that no further mention was made about this ad as far as I have noticed - if there is any
further news concerning this SA ad keep us all posted...

LI MIKE

Yes this was for real. It was on the SA website but I notice it has been taken down - perhaps the promotion is over. I don't think that SA would have to worry about being sued for defamation because Ford has admitted to smoking crack and the truth is an absolute defense in a defamation lawsuit. Also in a defamation lawsuit you have to have a good reputation to defend and Ford has pretty much destroyed his through his own actions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back