News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another Canadian company that might want to distance itself from Rob tomorrow. There are a few pics tonite of our mayor at Mandarin, of course enjoying their delicious all-you-can-eat buffet. :p

Another Canadian company that might want to distance itself from Rob tomorrow. There are a few pics tonite of our mayor at Mandarin, of course enjoying their delicious all-you-can-eat buffet. :p

I'm not going to make the obvious joke, but how freaking stupid to you have to be to not know that everybody else will be making it? Is he setting himself up on purpose?

I'd imagine wiretap info will be released. Media lawyers won a decision to unseal some of the Project Traveller warrants on wednesday. No idea about the day this might translate into a public release.

That's my understanding. Nordheimer is going to run on the redacted sections of the ITO dealing Rob Ford and Project Traveller. We'll just have to wait and see what he says. This stuff could be trickier as it may well relate to cases currently before the courts.

I'm not going to make the obvious joke, but how freaking stupid to you have to be to not know that everybody else will be making it? Is he setting himself up on purpose?

That's my theory behind the pu*sy comment. Also the bike racks which cost "$150,00 a crack" [I'm paraphrasing Mr.Ford]. And his comments about never being drunk at the ACC since 2006.

Hmm... Maybe he's just a total idiot.

That's my theory behind the pu*sy comment. Also the bike racks which cost "$150,00 a crack" [I'm paraphrasing Mr.Ford]. And his comments about never being drunk at the ACC since 2006.

Hmm... Maybe he's just a total idiot.
To what end though? Does he think he will be able to achieve world domination by having his own RoFoMoFo reality show? Is that why he would set himself up?

Ugh... horrible. Jokes aren't funny and they seem to be a week behind on the story.

[video=youtube;eENC5oExaUE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eENC5oExaUE[/video]

Ugh... horrible. Jokes aren't funny and they seem to be a week behind on the story.

[video=youtube;eENC5oExaUE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eENC5oExaUE[/video]

In their defense, the jokes aren't likely written for people who've been poring over every detail of this guy's life for the last three years. And in the cold opening at least, maybe they weren't the most original Rob Ford jokes ever, but I did like that they were really mean.

That's BS, judgmental and sexist. 99% of the people who associate(d) with Ford will walk away with their named and faces unknown to 99.99999% of the citizens of Toronto. I think this young women is being judged more, and more harshly, than anybody else who has become collateral damage here. And I don't care whether she is a service provider. Sex workers are businesswomen (and men) and, as long as they operate within the law, are entitled to make a living by charging for their time.
It really pisses me off that this girl, sex worker or not, will come out of this less unscathed than Twohey, Price, and all the other enablers.
I really, really do understand your concern, but the one thing about this that bothers me is that throughout the Ford debacle we've seen many fringe participants painted with dubious characterizations of wrong doing, or immoral and/or unethical behaviour. Yet suddenly when we have a young, pretty blonde woman, who has been openly characterized by independent witnesses during police interviews as trashy (the waiter) or possibly a prostitute (everyone else!), it becomes sexist to discuss her in the context of the ITO interviews.

I'm not saying it isn't sexist, I'm just saying that, within this thread and many other Ford centric stories, when it comes to crossing the line into shameless speculation on the faults and characters of the bit players, the sexist line is already pretty far back in the rear view mirror.

[video=youtube;0H-PJtdet0w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H-PJtdet0w[/video]
Here's a little 'cultchah' for you downtown elitists!

BTW. Lorne Michaels, the creator and producer of Saturday Night Live, was born in Toronto. First wife, Rosie Shuster, was the daughter of Frank Shuster, of Wayne & Shuster fame, and cousin to co-creator of Superman, Joe Shuster. Lorne is probably shaking his head, but glad for the material available.

John Candy, alumni of Neil McNeil, used to pop his head in every so often at school when I was in Grade 9 and 10. RIP, John, you never really got a chance to see Mayor Tommy Shanks in action.

Much of SNL has been lame this century.

... the point is that Ford has now succeeded in making Toronto an international joke. So thanks to all the fuckwits who thought voting for him was a good idea.

Especially the fuckwits that would vote for him again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back