News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, incongruous statements from Mr Teneycke.
I knew it had to be code for something. It wouldn't make sense to blame production cost in a format that is generally low-cost (vs say, drama serials) if it is the biggest attention-inducer your station has ever had. Especially when you're bitching about mandatory carriage.

Maybe they got a call from someone worried about the damage being done to the Conservative brand.

And his support is supposedly still around 40% - as per Doolittle last night.

You're preaching to the choir when you find more lies. Police charges or more videos is all Ford Nayshun seems to understand.

I think you need to take that 40% figure with a grain of salt. The breakouts in the polling show strong approval at somewhere around 20%, as I recall. The remainder is qualified. If Kelly is successful at proving you can have a Ford-style agenda (low taxes, restrained spending) without the histronics, I think the qualified approval (or at least some of it) will shift elsewhere. In other words, that 40% headline includes a lot of people who like Ford's priorities, but have reservations about the man. At least, that's how I see it.

If it were just a smokescreen in the Toronto Star story that would be one thing. I don't think they could do that in an agreed-to statement of fact in a plea bargain, though.

This right here is why I think Ford had nothing to do with the Smith murder. The theory goes that Hashimi gets a plea deal, presumably because he'll confess that he helped murder Smith on orders from Lisi or whatever, right?

Which wouldn't even make it to a court room because both the Crown and defense already agreed that the manslaughter scenario was accurate and that case is closed. It's glaringly, stupidly obvious.

Yeah he may say that now, but the bar is so low for him to succeed based on his predecessor that the adulation he receives if he's even barely competent could push him to reconsider. Power can also be fun, which is a factor. And if he does a good enough job that people are asking him to run (and they will if he does). And lots of politicians say they won't run until they say they are.

Power is not so much fun as it is responsibility. Or is that just my job? ;)

I suppose it's possible. We'll see how he copes with the added responsibility, pressure, and scrutiny.
I wish him well, even though I've disparaged him in these very pages in the past. He seems genuinely interested in being as good an interim mayor as he can be, but I think he may currently feel a wee bit overwhelmed.

Ford Nation seems to still be alive. See
Rob Ford: Toronto Mayor finds support at York eatery
at this link.

3hYK_MayorFordSupport_1121___Gallery.jpg

For the record, if anyone wants really good fish and chips, avoid this idiot and head over to Olde York Fish & Chips in Leaside. As far as I know, they don't support Ford.

Maybe they got a call from someone worried about the damage being done to the Conservative brand.

How about the lack of material for subsequent shows? They were already repeating the same talking points on the same show. Then repeated the same crap in every interview they've been on.

Or....it was a blatant illegal campaign show?

True.

Probably Dear Leader Stephen "Science Is For Fools" Harper calling up his old henchman.

"Koreeeyyyy...*hiss*...thisss mossst disspleassessss usss...*hiss*....it'ssss bad enoughwe have gone fissshhiiing with it...*hiss*"

Yeah, your scenario makes total sense. :)

Ford Nation seems to still be alive. See
Rob Ford: Toronto Mayor finds support at York eatery
at this link.

3hYK_MayorFordSupport_1121___Gallery.jpg

You know you read the article and the thing with this guy is that he's solely concerned with his own concerns. His garbage gets picked up on time, therefore Rob Ford is a great mayor. Rampant self-interest to the detriment of literally anything else is the hallmark of these people. The guy doesn't say a word about anything other than "garbage gone. good."

Actually, given his weight and alcoholism, his tolerance is probably quite high. Not to put anyone off dinner but I've been in states where throwing back a mickey didn't do much at all and I only weigh 160. I wasn't driving. I may binge drink but I'm no moron (I know, I know:logical fallacy :p ).

I say this not knowing anything about his genetic and metabolic enzyme conditions though.

Imagine how much he drinks if he does have a high tolerance. He looks beyond wasted in all those photos and videos. Scary!

How about the lack of material for subsequent shows? They were already repeating the same talking points on the same show. Then repeated the same crap in every interview they've been on.

Adding to the costs, they probably had an army of lawyers reviewing the tapes as well. Although I like the fed cons saying nyet to this better.

You know you read the article and the thing with this guy is that he's solely concerned with his own concerns. His garbage gets picked up on time, therefore Rob Ford is a great mayor. Rampant self-interest to the detriment of literally anything else is the hallmark of these people. The guy doesn't say a word about anything other than "garbage gone. good."
Nope, he's a right wing, bible thumping tea bagger that has been known to rant about muslims to his customers.

I've always got the impression that Ford's fans don't mind hearing the same thing week after week.

Imagine how much he drinks if he does have a high tolerance. He looks beyond wasted in all those photos and videos. Scary!

Probably a lot. On another note: when you overload your liver, metobalisation of drugs goes a bit awry. So that may explain why, at times, he looked perma-krunk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back