News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if Ford is telling the complete truth, but agree that he likely had nothing to do with Smith murder.

I'll post this again because it went down like a lead balloon but I think it's really important. There is NO WAY either Hashimi or Hanad will testify that Ford or Lisi asked them to kill Smith.

The theory among the conspiracy theorists goes that Hashimi gets a plea deal, presumably because he'll confess that he helped murder Smith on orders from Lisi or whatever, right?

Which wouldn't even make it to a court room because both the Crown and defense already agreed that the manslaughter scenario was accurate and that case is closed. It's glaringly, stupidly obvious.

Is it possible that the Crown offered him a deal so they would not have to spill the beans on evidence they're holding for the Ford investigation?

I finally know how a scenario were to play out if Jeremy Duncan of Zits (the comic strip) were the mayor of a major city.

By the way, Ford Nation, the Deep South, Mormons, and the Taliban are holding a contest to see which group is the most fanatical.

Last edited:
Had my 15 minute commute home extended to 45 by snow/ice/maybe a car crash. Silver lining was getting to hear the lead story on World at 6 while averaging 6 km/h.

I have no problem with the outsourcing ... it seems right to put an expert on to get the "$1B is nonsense" story straight, and give credit where due to Daniel Dale and Toronto Star.

Snow? Ice? Please keep it. :)

I just think that even one of their own...or a finance/accounting expert maybe breaking it down would have added that extra kick of legitimacy.

That being said, I very much appreciated it nonetheless.

Just before someone complains about the Deputy Mayor basically taking over the duties of Mayor, read this, from Wikipedia at this link:

From 1834 to 1857, and again from 1867 to 1873, Toronto mayors were not elected directly by the public. Instead, after each annual election of aldermen and councilmen, the assembled council would elect one of their members as mayor. For all other years, mayors were directly elected by popular vote, except in rare cases where a mayor was appointed by council to fill an unexpired term of office. Prior to 1834, Toronto municipal leadership was governed by the Chairman of the General Quarter Session of Peace of the Home District Council. Through 1955 the term of office for the mayor and council was one year; it then varied between two and three years until a four-year term was adopted starting in 2006.

BTW. Five Toronto Mayors have resigned. The last was in 1948, by Robert Hood Saunders.

Last edited:
Ford says "she's a friend." Someone finds a photo of her working for a "sexy lady for any occasion" service. You don't have to think she's a whore to note that this reflects differently on Ford than if she were truly a friend.

Honestly I'm going to respectfully bow out of this debate and just agree to disagree. I won't be making any more comments about how I feel about it, I've said my piece. I get your point of view, I really do, but nothing's going to convince me that while it's an important part of the puzzle the focus on it, especially certain aspects of it, to me has seemed unseemly.

By the way, Ford Nation, the Deep South, Mormons, and the Taliban are holding a contest to see which group is the most fanatical.

And the most wack.

Mormons win, by the way. Believe me. I haven'tfound the golden tablets bbut I have read The Book of Mormon and it reads like Tolkien on PCP.

I don't know if anyone noticed that the graphic used on CNN yesterday cited October 31st as the polling date. I wouldn't take that as indicative of the current mood.

I'm looking forward to the next round of polls - I think the last ones widely reported were compiled Nov. 8-12, prior to the infamous "Argo Sweater" media scrum. That was the TSN turning point.

Maybe they got a call from someone worried about the damage being done to the Conservative brand.

Thought it interesting that Kenney was the first Fed CPC pol to explicitly express the sentiment that Ford should go. Given that he's the guy in charge of cultivating the 'New Canadian' (hate the term, but there you have it) vote to the Conservative party. That vote is, to my understanding, a large part of the Nayshun, no? This could have mighty implications for either/both of the Ford(s) or for Kenney/CPC. Such a cleaving statement will surely hurt one or the other(s).

Anyone who can drink an entire Mickey in 1.5 minutes and then actually make it home while driving, let alone not get alcohol poisoning, is someone with a HUGE tolerance for alcohol. Not an irregular, once in awhile binge drinker.

I downed a mickey in three swigs once when I was seventeen years old. I'll never do that again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back