News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed that many Wikipedia pages associated with Rob Ford are semi-protected, such as Rob Ford (itself), Timeline of Rob Ford video scandal, Toronto, and List of mayors of Toronto (as well as Toronto Maple Leafs, CN Tower, and Canada).

Now it feels like the (early) morning after the party when the hard core partiers have left, and the place is trashed.
We are living in Mayor (in name only) Rob Ford's Toronto.
People are divided and set against each other.
Being trashy seems to be more valued than working hard.
Traffic/transit is still the number one issue. In fact, Rob Ford's dysfunctional personal problems could mirror Toronto's dysfunctional transportation network in some respects.

Where do we go from here?
How do we rebuild and heal as a city of 'two solitudes'.

From the Sun:

“Do you want to stay or not?” Ford asked the group gathered for the last meeting of his full-sized mayor’s office staff, according to sources in the room.

“He said, ‘We’re in a war.’”

One of the junior staffers Ford wanted to keep stood up and told the embattled politician, “thank you very much, but no,” according to a source.

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/11/19/mayor-ford-losing-11-staffers-including-chief-of-staff

Mwahahahaha! Really does have a Downfall-ish air to it all, doesn't it?

AoD

Last edited:
@kevinlibin 51m
Tomorrow in @nationalpost : Exclusive 1st post-Fordmess 1-on-1 with Chief Bill Blair (real exclusive; unlike all the Rob Ford "exclusives")

I don't think CT said the use of the logo was unauthorized did they? Pretty sure they didn't. All they said was that they did not place the ad or target the show. I'm sure their logo use was completely authorized.

Generally, a lot of these branded commodities, e.g. 'CLR', do a 'Sold At' or 'Only Available At These Fine Stores' thing at the end of the spot. Canadian Tire is often one of these. They get a free plug and the crap being sold gets a degree of 'legitimacy'. The fact they felt they needed to disassociate from the whole fiasco is significant. Sandy McTyre must've thrown his Tam O' Shanter at the TeeVee. And then got on the ol' handset to Rockwell Tools to voice his supreme displeasure in a frightening and burly brogue.

Rob Fordiot to staff: "We're in a war."?

I'm assuming he's referring to the coup d'état in Kuwait.

Man, that kid is fucked in the head. (Or ear maybe)

I believe him now when he says he hasn't done coke; it's clearly been PCP that he's been snorting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back