News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rob and Doug at the Stephen Harper BBQ that he attended on one of the nights that he stayed at the "Grand" Hotel next to "crack central"

746486fe72523b9a2ab450ed99d1571e3dcac28f.jpg

I remembered this quote from Warren Kinsella:

"There is no way on God’s green earth — none — the RCMP, and/or the Canadian law enforcement/intelligence community, would have let Harper get that close to Ford if the latter was facing an imminent criminal charge, or proof of involvement in a serious crime."

Not just crack central but hooker central too. I used to rent an office near there. That's a really, really sketchy area (or at least it was in the mid 2000s -- maybe it's gone up a little?)
it has not "gone up" -- not that stretch. George south of Moss Park (Queen) is okay, but that stretch from Dundas up to Gerrard is as bad as ever.

A teacher, on a bicycle. That's like a downtown elite out of central casting.

This is how dumb and naive I am: I biked through that stretch a few times on my way to work or on my way home. (Jarvis bike lane had been removed and the new Sherbourne one wasn't ready yet. I was trying out an alternate route of Homewood, then through Allan Gardens, then down either George or Pembroke)

I didn't know about the "crack alley" nickname then. One morning I saw a dishevelled guy sitting on the curb lighting a crack pipe -- it wasn't even 10 am.

Ford's approval rate at 42% - Forum Research poll
http://www.torontosun.com/2013/11/22/mayor-rob-fords-popularity-impressive-new-poll-shows

BY THE NUMBERS

Highlights of the latest Forum Research poll on Mayor Rob Ford:

42% - Mayor Rob Ford's approval rating
35% - Think Rob Ford is "good for Toronto"
33% - Would vote for Rob Ford in the 2014 election
69% - Think Rob Ford has a substance abuse problem
19% - Would support Rob Ford for prime minister
65% - Deputy mayor Norm Kelly's approval rating
60% - Agree with the decision to strip Ford of his powers
60% - Want Mayor Rob Ford to resign
28% - Of Ford voters polled want the mayor to resign

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/11/22/mayor-rob-fords-popularity-impressive-new-poll-shows

BY THE NUMBERS

That's it, let's get to the criminal charges :mad:

Yep it was Fran Lebowitz, here

Why has “elitist” become an epithet then?
Because it was invented by the elites to distract you. In this country, the elites are just—it’s purely about being rich. But they want you to think it’s an attitude. And so you get literally billionaires yelling about the elites. When they say “elite” in a disparaging way, they mean “smart,” not “rich.”

This is good too:
You seem anachronistic: In an era of “everyone’s opinion has merit,” you value intellectual elitism. Do you think we’ve taken social equality to mean intellectual equivalency?
Yeah, but there is some reality to the fact that everyone’s opinion counts now because of technology; they are seen, heard or counted. And that is business. But their opinions are not more informed; they’re not better. I don’t know if it’s anachronistic to imagine that some people are smarter than others. That’s just a fact. Everyone’s fine with “some athletes are greater than others.”

BY THE NUMBERS

That still works out to 273080 that don't. 10(ish)% of Toronto still drinking the kool-aid

BY THE NUMBERS

In case anyone didn't read the November 6th post from ThreeHundredEight.com regarding the likelihood Ford's approval rating is not holding, but actually in steady decline, I think it is still useful for making sense of today's latest approval numbers.

http://www.threehundredeight.com/2013/11/ford-now-that-i-have-your-attention.html

Despite the headline, the poll still shows very bad numbers for Ford's election chances, which align with the Ipsos poll done last week. 33% on a yes or no question without any other choices is very low. If the question had included other right wing candidates, I'd bet the number drops closer to the 19% mark.

I'm not buying these numbers.

Bottom two bold lines, or top line. Can't be both IMO, he's not that likable and his performance not that good.

More Con propaganda I think, pushing the notion everyone wants cuts cuts cuts.

So tired of all the subtle mind fuc&ing.

On 1010 yesterday morning the 6am news included a little chestnut "recruiters say orange is the most unprofessional colour for a job interview"

To put these new poll numbers into perspective Rob Ford has a higher approval rating than the un-elected Premier Wynne who last week was calling for Fords ouster (in a poll conducted the end of September Wynne had a 39% approval rating).

Even more remarkable - at 42% Rob Ford in the wake of the crack cocaine scandal has a higher approval rating than the great Messiah - Barack Obama http://www.gallup.com/poll/116479/barack-obama-presidential-job-approval.aspx

I remembered this quote from Warren Kinsella:

"There is no way on God’s green earth — none — the RCMP, and/or the Canadian law enforcement/intelligence community, would have let Harper get that close to Ford if the latter was facing an imminent criminal charge, or proof of involvement in a serious crime."

But a crack smoking, raving alcoholic with a recording "out in the wild" proving this is OK to get close to the PM. <sigh> The RCMP & CSIS failed on this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back