News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess that makes you a dumbass prick. Crudeness intentional.

You're not even sure why you think I'm a dumbass prick, so I won't bother asking (and I don't care, so don't bother). And for the record, the last girl I remember having the hots for, was Laurie Partridge (or was it Julie from the Mod Squad...can't be sure). So that's not my personal feelings about her as suggested.

I'm calling a double standard here....didn't see anybody rushing out in horror to defend poor old Norm Kelly when he was cruelly being portrayed as looking like an extra on the Walking Dead or something. Is Doolittle the proverbial "baby seal" in this scenario, with Norm Kelly just a dead alligator to make another LV bag? Sexism gets your back up, but ageism is well within your comfort zone?

Besides, we are losing sight who the real victim is in this story...Stinz. She thought she was the one who was going to bring down Ford AND she thought she was the hottie too. But no, Doolittle has upstaged her on both counts. Her only consolation is to run for mayor and win. But since that is not likely to happen, she will probably just simply disappear. (Stinz is to be played by an aging Sharon Stone in the film)

I will make a prediction. In a year from now Robyn Doolittle will not be at the Toronto Star - she will have a job working in front of the camera somewhere. From her appearances on CNN it is clear to me that the camera loves Robyn and from the way she vamps in front of the camera the love is clearly reciprocal. I wouldn't even be surprised if she makes her TV debut on an American network such as CNN since that is obviously where the money is. There is really no limit to what she can do if she plays her cards rights.

Awesome. Now being comfortable in front of the camera is 'vamping.'

You are ridiculous.

This is really rich! In an interview with the Associated Press - George Smitherman has come out to take shot's at Rob Ford's personal problems:

First of all, he didn't take any shots at Ford. He was quite measured in his comments. Secondly, Smitherman is a private citizen. He doesn't need to answer any questions about what he's doing these days. If he's committing crimes, it's up to the police to deal with that (as with the other 2 million private citizens of the city).

Besides, we are losing sight who the real victim is in this story...Stinz. She thought she was the one who was going to bring down Ford AND she thought she was the hottie too. But no, Doolittle has upstaged her on both counts. Her only consolation is to run for mayor and win.

Doolittle could probably upstage Stintz in a mayoral race too if she ran. I'd vote for her.

Shorter Peepers: Jaywalking and mass murder are equally as bad because they're both crimes.

From her appearances on CNN it is clear to me that the camera loves Robyn and from the way she vamps in front of the camera...

My goodness, you're stupid.

Honestly, the teacher-led indoctrination of Harris hate was very disconcerting.

That's coming from me, who thinks Harris is a coonta, level 10.

Can you elaborate?

Which ward will the "Mayor" honour tomorrow? Maybe he'll take the day off, even the Lord rested on Sunday.:)

Lard Jesus liked to his works of disinformation on Sunday. ;)

Oh yah, I'll agree that Harris fubar'd all the cities of Ontario, with Toronto teetering on that shit pile of downloaded debt. And that Mikey's "Reign of Error", or rather "The Common Sense Devolution" did indeed set up things for the "Ford Tarnation".

Without amalgamation - whether one is for or agin' - the City Of Toronto would never have to contend with 'Ford nation' at all. Being born and raised here, I'm especially P.O.'d. Ford is from the same ideological brownfield as Harris (who ponied up the maximum $2500 for Ford's 2010 campaign BTW). He is Harris' monster 100%.

I will make a prediction. In a year from now Robyn Doolittle will not be at the Toronto Star - she will have a job working in front of the camera somewhere. From her appearances on CNN it is clear to me that the camera loves Robyn and from the way she vamps in front of the camera the love is clearly reciprocal. I wouldn't even be surprised if she makes her TV debut on an American network such as CNN since that is obviously where the money is. There is really no limit to what she can do if she plays her cards rights.

Wow, peepers!

I detect a tone of jealousy!

The subject matter for this thread is RoFo.....not RoDoo ;-)

This is really rich! In an interview with the Associated Press - George Smitherman has come out to take shot's at Rob Ford's personal problems:

THE MAN ROB FORD DEFEATED: 'I'M NOT SURPRISED
http://bigstory.ap.org/article/man-rob-ford-defeated-im-not-surprised

No mention in the article or explanation from Smitherman of his husbands mysterious disappearance a few months back. His husband would be discovered the next day passed out beside a railway line in an area of the city popular with crackheads. I'm not suggesting that Smithermans husband is a crackhead but his bizarre behavior could be indicative of someone with a serious substance abuse problem which raises the question has Smitherman fallen off the wagon? Is he back doing "party drugs" and if so what does that mean for the two adopted kids? Are they in a safe environment?

These are all serious questions that I hope the media will ask Smitherman. Now that Smitherman has weighed in on Rob Ford's personal problems I think his personal life if fair game. Another area of Smitherman's life that I think deserves close scrutiny is his consulting business that he set which is focused on the renewable energy sector. Has he received any lucrative "consulting" contracts from any of the many companies that are making ridiculous profits thanks to the Green Energy Act "fathered" by George Smitherman? Any big contracts from SAMSUNG? (he still fly's back and forth to Korea for some reason). This consulting company must be doing really good business if Smitherman can afford a second home in Costa Rica in addition to moving into a bigger home in Toronto!

Smitherman is not the mayor, so why are you even bringing this up? Especially in the Rob Ford thread...

I agree with what what already said about this. Not cool. It's one thing to say she's attractive (I'd say she is.) But quite another to say what you did . Sounds like something one might say drunk and live in an Argos jersey.

Though if we're speaking of screen/televised-type depictions, Donovan + Doolittle definitely do have a professional-that-can-easily-lapse-into-creative-licence-sexual chemistry (a la X Files, Bones, etc)

I'm so pleased to read that Smitherman is enjoying his private life. He certainly had my vote, the alternative at the time was unimaginable. If Smitherman had won we wouldn't be the world's punchline that we are today.

Another game that could be played is "What is the mayor on TODAY?"

My money's on prescription drugs. Ford was sweating like Elvis the other night at Casa Loma and he didn't look good at all. It was enough sweat for Getty to mention it in the captions for photos taken afterward. " TORONTO, ON- NOVEMBER 21 - After his speech a dripping wet Mayor Rob Ford stands outside at the main entrance of Casa Loma for a few minutes to cool off."

I know he's been known to sweat a lot, but this is the worst I've seen him look since the day he confessed to smoking crack.

mayor_rob_ford.jpg

The woman's a print journalist, not an anchor or broadcast journalist. She didn't sign up for anything in terms of having her looks (or other factors) criticized.

Are you kidding me? She is an important player in instigating and putting herself in the middle of a giant scandal. Not only that, she has a book coming out attacking Rob Ford. To not realize she is going to be scrutinized to the hilt would be naive. And I don't think she is. I think she knows exactly what she is doing, and she also has plenty of backup. She's already won a major battle re: the crack video. Something tells me she is also going to win the war when this is over, not to mention material for her follow-up book.

From her appearances on CNN it is clear to me that the camera loves Robyn and from the way she vamps in front of the camera the love is clearly reciprocal. I wouldn't even be surprised if she makes her TV debut on an American network such as CNN since that is obviously where the money is.

Why not...another local talented media pretty face makes it big in American news media, ala Johh Roberts (or as we remember him here in To, the fabulously mullet-coiffed VJ...J. D. Roberts)

There is really no limit to what she can do if she plays her cards rights.

Her book is supposed to be coming out in Feb. I doubt the world has satiated itself on the Ford saga quite yet, so she could be on a huge book tour. Sh*t is gonna happen between now and Feb, and sh*t will likely happen when the book comes out (another Ford law suit threat?)

The Brazil/Canada Chamber of Commerce is disputing claims by Michael Thompson that the Rio/Toronto "friendship agreement" that he spent two weeks in exotic Rio negotiating is in jeopardy because of Fords personal problems:

http://www.nationalpost.com/m/wp/bl...ship-with-rio-de-janeiro-hurt-by-ford-scandal

“The mayor of Rio has indicated that he has no interest in pursuing any type of relationship with the City of Toronto given its current situation with the mayor of Toronto,” Councillor Thompson told reporters Friday, after learning of the development from city staff.

I don’t think that this is real

“No, I don’t think that this is real,” countered Raul Papaleo, president of the chamber of commerce. “If they are not interested it’s because of other things, not because of the problems with the Toronto mayor.”

Mr. Thompson was in Brazil from October 14 to 26 on a trade mission, paid for by Invest Toronto and the councillor’s office budget, that included stops in Porto Alegre, Sao Paolo and Rio.

Convicted drunk driver Ana Bailao joined Thompson on the junket
Rio city officials expressed strong interest in partnering with Toronto, said Councillor Ana Bailao, who joined Mr. Thompson on that leg of the trip.

“It’s very upsetting that all this is interfering in that work,” said Ms. Bailao. Mr. Thompson is still hoping to salvage the opportunity, and plans to talk with Deputy Mayor Norm Kelly about what else can be done

Let me make a prediction. Thompson and Kelly will "salvage" the agreement with a trip to sunny Rio in the weeks ahead. They can bring along convicted drunk driver Bailao to act as translator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back