News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
While this isn't really solid evidence of much of anything, based on the complete lack of evidence other than an offhand reference by Cooke in a circlejerk panel and a nod in the Lisi ITO, there is absolutely FA to link DiBattista Jr to any criminal activity like influence peddling or kick backs for bids.

I guess it depends on your definition of "major criminal activity." I don't think most people see "business crimes" as major, especially in light of the type of "alleged" crimes we've been talking about here regarding Ford. And especially from the point of view of DiBattista; the Mayor is the one who has an obligation to the taxpayers to do city business cleanly and ethically. DiBattista's just a business man looking to make money, and while he's obliged to follow laws, he doesn't have any "higher" obligation like an elected official does.

The ultimate Rob Ford music playlist

When embattled Toronto mayor Rob Ford pulled up to City Hall a few weeks back blasting the Bee Gees’ “Stayin’ Alive” in his car, it got me wondering what other poignant songs he has on his playlist.

And since I don’t wade into politics too much here (I’m just the music guy), I thought I’d make some healthy (and some unhealthy) suggestions for RoFo and his musical menu.

Ford’s here to stay until October — unless he goes out in handcuffs or a gurney – so play along at home and switch up these gems as the saga unfolds. And feel free to enter your own personal requests in the comments section below!

[...]

Sorry For Party Rocking, LMFAO

Rumour has it that this particular song was playing at Toronto’s Bier Market when Rofo decided to shake his ass on the dance floor on St. Paddy’s Day a few years ago. Very fitting.

http://blogs.canoe.ca/turntable/music/the-ultimate-rob-ford-music-playlist/

Last edited:
The rest of the ITO is slated for release Friday at 4:30pm.

Metroman mentioned that the Chief is planning a press conference at some point.

Eyewonder mentioned something involving lawyers is in the works. This is seperate from the ITO.

Those are the things we are waiting on here, although the two latter items are just rumours at this point.
At this point the crown has yet to file an appeal. I wonder if they're just running down the clock. You'd think by now they would have filed one.

The rest of the ITO is slated for release Friday at 4:30pm.

Metroman mentioned that the Chief is planning a press conference at some point.

Eyewonder mentioned something involving lawyers is in the works. This is seperate from the ITO.

Those are the things we are waiting on here, although the two latter items are just rumours at this point.

Based on Michael Cooke's recent "ratcheting up" comments, and corroboration to that effect from someone I know very close to this whole mess, I'm not expecting Friday's revelations to stay in the press for very long, nor elicit much interest outside of our local media. My understanding is this new information simply confirms what thinking people have already concluded: A) Rob Ford uses illegal drugs; B) Rob Ford associates with known criminals in pursuit of those drugs; and C), Rob Ford has lied repeatedly to the public about his use of said drugs.

But by now, haven't most people have decided where they stand on Ford's vast personal failings and shameless hypocrisy? So I don't think ITO v4.0 is going to be a game changer. That said, I still can't wait to read it.

At this point the crown has yet to file an appeal. I wonder if they're just running down the clock. You'd think by now they would have filed one.

Why? They don't get bonus points for filing early. The do, however, get bonus points for spending more time on crafting better arguments, writing better legal prose, or collecting more information. Far better for them to do the work now.

Regarding wasting money: Yes, waste is waste, whether it's a billion dollars or a buck fifty. However, you just need to look at the cost of eliminating that waste. For a random example: If it requires a dozen staff to monitor spending and all decisions take an extra three months to make because of the time for review, and you only save a million bucks, it's clearly not worth it. What this has to do with the specific examples in this thread, I'm not positive, but it's just not simply a matter of saying that in retrospect we should have not spent that money, and we'll put in processes to make sure it's not going to happen in the future, or fire the person who made the decision...

Regarding Wynne: Council has made it so that Kelly is effectively the mayor. The civil servants are reporting to Kelly, he is developing and running the agenda, and people are listening to him as though he is the mayor. Feelings as to the legitimacy of that aside, Wynne meeting with that person is important. Now, it does of course give the position legitimacy, but from a messaging perspective, I think it's more a matter of supporting the direction of the council than anything else.

and another one!

Rob Ford Look-a-like Needed ASAP
Ontario, Canada
Looking for a Rob -Ford looking guy - with sense of humour - to be in a global app branding video

Shooting downtown Toronto - Dec.11th - afternoon into night - we are looking for a funny, husky man with a Rob Ford look to play the mayor, as he goes on a party romp through the city.
Global web exposure for new photo app.
Must be bold, and ready to have fun.
$200 for day (night)

Non-union
Looking for Chris Farley- esque, Rob Ford looking male.
Must be ready for fun, easy to work with, and ready to get crazy across the city for a night.

http://www.starnow.co.uk/Casting-Calls/Actors-wanted/Web/rob_ford_lookalike_needed_asap.htm

Why? They don't get bonus points for filing early. The do, however, get bonus points for spending more time on crafting better arguments, writing better legal prose, or collecting more information. Far better for them to do the work now.
Makes sense. Sorry, I was under the impression that bonus points were to be had :)

Who says Rob Ford holds a grudge? He very thoughtfully and graciously sent a note to Toronto Life, thanking the magazine for its “50 Most Influential People in the City” issue. Which is pretty decent of him, really, seeing as how Police Chief Bill Blair is number one on that list—because of his role in the Rob Ford crack scandal.

blair.jpg

http://torontoist.com/2013/12/extra...notes-pop-up-shops-and-small-animated-mayors/

Attachments

• blair.jpg
    blair.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 438
Speaking of lawyers - what happened to Rust D'Eye's legal challenge?

AoD

The same thing that happened to the other 10 or so legal actions the Fords have threatened over the past few years? Maybe Doug doesn't want to do it because, as right as they are, the city just has such deep pockets?

I am disappointed we haven't seen an ongoing stream of Iraq/Kuwait jokes, myself. We haven't exactly seen a lot of "shock and awe" since Ford got booted. More like weak acquiescence that a career as a media whore might be a fine secondary career. Do they still film that TV series where a bunch of B-list stars all live in the same house? he'd be a shoo-in for that and could probably fit in a lot more football too.

The Mayor Rob Ford Playlist: Neat musical thoughts here...

EVB: Good find here - and it includes quite a cross section of interesting music...

What about the thought of adding songs that mention Rob Ford directly like Ron Burgundy's spoof
and perhaps my own thought of "The Rob Ford Shuffle" inspired by Jump N' The Saddle's 1983 song
"The Curly Shuffle" or maybe "The 12 Days of Christmas" by Bob and Doug McKenzie but in this
case Rob and Doug Ford? I started that many pages ago with this lyric: "On the first day of Christmas
my true love gave to me a bong (in a tree)" It goes with the time being now in the Christmas season...

We can let our imaginations run wild on this musical topic...LI MIKE

speaking of rust d'eye...

View attachment 20563

Based on the apparent lack of movement: is that in fact a cardboard cutout of George Rust-D'Eye? I suspect the real lawyer has left Robbie with a cardboard stand-in and is still billing him. Chances are good that Ford won't notice until he offers his cardboard buddy a sip of 'Gatorade' and it starts to disintegrate...

Great series of images; this behaviour is as disgusting in a Chief Magistrate as it is unsurprising in a Ford.

Last edited:
More Hell's Angels hilarity: As has been pointed out, Mel Lastman personally glad-handed some of the Angels during his tenure as Toronto Mayor (though he seems to have stopped short of actually having his photo taken with them). Mel got some flack for that from various folk tut-tutting about the inappropriateness of such a meeting. And who, I say, WHO joined in on the finger wagging at Lastman for such foolishness? That's ri-iiii-ight:

http://www.nowtoronto.com/news/story.cfm?content=130710

Here's the pertinent quote (heh, heh, heh, heh, heh!):

Not everyone believes mayor mel Lastman is a total idiot because he wandered over to the Holiday Inn on King West last weekend to shake hands with the Hell’s Angels.Councillor Rob Ford, for one, thinks there just has to be some method to Lastman’s madness.

"I’m sure he does it purposely," Ford said of the mayor’s propensity for immersing himself in political hot water. "What else could it be? You can’t be that dumb."

So you see, it was bad and wicked and evil and wrong of Mel Lastman to cuddle up to the Hell's Angels organization, but it was good and holy and wonderful and pure for Rob Ford to do the exact same thing. Just ask Slob, and he'll tell you himself.

As with all such political reactionaries, Fat Boy's personal creed appears to be, "Do As I Say, Not As I Do."

Former D.C. mayor threatens to call police when asked about Rob Ford

http://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/form...ll-police-when-asked-about-rob-ford-1.1573061

EVB: I saw this and I thought "Say WHAT?" I now know that I am not the only one to compare Marion Barry with Rob Ford and when
I first learned of the current drug allegations concerning Mayor Ford that this is the first thing that I thought of - it is hard to believe
almost that the Marion Barry drug sting and video dates from January 1990...LI MIKE

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back