News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't write as good as peeps, but would join the crew if the pay is as good as I think it is.
Can you send me Dougie's contact infos, Peepers?

----
I' pretty sure RoFo knows he's (possibly) done for next term, and is piling on the notorious-ness to gain a wider audience when he transitions to 'Murica to shock-jock full time. He almost has it made: full time football, football,football!!!1 in his very own sandbox (no DoFo to tell him what to do no more!). He just needs to keep that big mean Blair from fuckin' it all up.

Wow, thanks racists and xenophobes for completely detailing this thread at a key moment.

Peepers: please just stop spreading your utter bullshit here. It's not helpful and is based on your own fantasy world in which Ford is basically innocent and also a hero for putting Toronto on the world stage. You should be ashamed of yourself, but you and others are incapable of shame.

It is a common misconception that a lot of crime is perpetrated by immigrants. Many recent studies show (too lazy to look it up, sorry) that immigrants tend to commit fewer crimes on average, probably because most of them are here to escape poverty and corruption in their own countries, and the bar for getting into Canada is pretty high.

It is also a common misconception (probably one that every society throughout history has bought into) that the world is more dangerous today than it was when you were a child. Toronto is a much bigger city than it used to be, so it is going to *seem* like a cesspit of crime. The facts are clear, though, crime has been falling everywhere in the western world for about 20 years. I believe you would find that things were a *little* bit safer than the 50s, but about as safe in the 60s. There was a big spike in crime in the middle of the 20th century.

It is also a common misconception (probably one that every society throughout history has bought into) that the world is more dangerous today than it was when you were a child. Toronto is a much bigger city than it used to be, so it is going to *seem* like a cesspit of crime. The facts are clear, though, crime has been falling everywhere in the western world for about 20 years. I believe you would find that things were a *little* bit safer than the 50s, but about as safe in the 60s. There was a big spike in crime in the middle of the 20th century.

yeah I always get a kick out of people who think the 50s were so pure. Basically a time when beating your wife was considered a "family matter" rather than a crime, and spousal/acquaintance/date rape didn't exist. Great time to live in, I'm sure.

Wtf is this immigrant as criminal tafrom
Cutlass, Peepers....you guys are fucked. We don't let known criminals in. We let immigrants, refugees, and temporary workers in. If any of them later commit crimes it has nothing to do with where they came from or that they immigrated here.
Find me statistics that show the rate of criminality is higher for immigrants than for native-born or stfu.

Oh, and the people mentioned in the police reports: you know for a fact that they're all immigrants?

I don't think you're racist, but you're plenty fucking stupid if you're capable of thinking in such a misguided way.

Have a nice day. :)

1) Canada grants asylum to refugees from war-torn lawless countries whose criminal records - if they have one - are impossible to verify. Even if they commit crimes once in Canada we cannot deport them because their "lives would be at risk". Canadians are paying a big price for this policy. Don't kid yourself!

2) Doug Ford has never been charged much less convicted of an indictable offense in Canada so why would he be denied a green card? Because the Globe and Mail came out with an unsubstantiated story that Doug sold drugs when he was in high school? smh!

The story is not UNSUBSTANTIATED just because the sources weren't on record.

I don't know whether Peepers is Warmington or not and I don't really care. But the fact is that this country has laws so that you can put a stop to it if, say, the country's largest national newspaper runs a multi-page, totally false story about how you and your family have a history of drugs and drug dealing.

Let the record show that for all their bluster and litigious histrionics - up to and including when Ford's powers were stripped - the Fords have NOT ONCE taken any legal action against ANYONE. If Peepers is Joe he knows this but filing a notice of libel requires no effort whatsoever. Proving libel in court can be tricky but the idea that the Globe called Doug (a respected businessman!) a drug dealer and he didn't even make the effort to hit them with a notice of libel puts the entire matter to rest for me. Murder and rape are about the only worse things a person could be accused of and Doug did NOTHING except go on CP24 and threaten people. Similarly, as the Rob allegations trickled out, he called The Star liars and (inexplicably!) told them to take HIM to court but he never served them any kind of notice; never took any legal action.

If I woke up one morning to find the Star or Globe repeatedly, pathologically publishing utterly false stories about me, I would find a lawyer, file a notice of libel and then worry about the rest later. Frankly, I think a single story about me being caught smoking crack would be sufficient. And if I already had The Best Criminal Lawyer in Canada on retainer? I suspect that whole process would be that much easier and they'd have a notice on their lawyers' desks before the sun went down that day.

There is no doubt in my mind that every word the Globe printed is 100% true, just as everything we've heard about Rob has turned out to be 100% true, and sometimes worse.

So, give it a rest.
Is my point.
Joe.
Or not Joe, as the case may be.

Are both of you for real? Is it that inconceivable that Kush might mean something else entirely? You know, before the term ever became slang? Possibly in *gasp* another language and/or culture?

That was actually my first thought (another language), I wasn't so sure this child's parents would name their kid after a type of weed, but you never know.

Anybody who went to high school back in the day in certain parts of Etobicoke knows quite well what Dougie's role was in the drug trade.

Haven't been following this, but when did Peepers fall back onside with Ford? Also I doubt that he is Warmington, as he was offside with Ford while W. was still on.

Finally, if charges are not laid against Ford, what do you think are the odds that Blair will still have a job this time next year? The Hotmail lawyer I thought made a good point: why does a warrant for Lisi's arrest contain so much information about someone else and actions not directly related to the accusation?

1) Canada grants asylum to refugees from war-torn lawless countries whose criminal records - if they have one - are impossible to verify. Even if they commit crimes once in Canada we cannot deport them because their "lives would be at risk". Canadians are paying a big price for this policy. Don't kid yourself!
USA does the same, don't kid yourself.

2) Doug Ford has never been charged much less convicted of an indictable offense in Canada so why would he be denied a green card? Because the Globe and Mail came out with an unsubstantiated story that Doug sold drugs when he was in high school? smh!
In high school? Why are you whitewashing this? It may have started in high school, but continued well into his 20s. And yes, his criminality is impossible to verify ... which is why he gets into the USA. Rob Ford's criminality has been going on for years, and he too gets into the USA ... so far at least.

I really don't see why you need to bring you white-wing politics of hate and bigotry into this.

I think the media should follow up every single thing RoFo says with "will you swear that to be the truth?" While holding out a Bible for born-again Robbie.

yeah I always get a kick out of people who think the 50s were so pure. Basically a time when beating your wife was considered a "family matter" rather than a crime, and spousal/acquaintance/date rape didn't exist. Great time to live in, I'm sure.

C'mon, the fifties were great. Have you never seen Leave it to Beaver or Happy Days?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back